Aberdeen 3 - 0 Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, PondHopper said:

Norte. Though I have done a little vacationing in the ozarks since im not going overseas with all the airline drama

Just wondered as I thought I saw you mention it recently

I have a "relative" from there who had been tracing her family who made contact with me in 2018 and apparently we have the same great great great great great grandfather. 

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Never have been able to work out the first part cause it's praising Glass and I'm not quite there yet.

Weve got a diamond Stephen Glass

A dandy who came from USA

He came to play attacking football

He came in to lead the AFC

Ramsay at the back 

Ramirez in attack

Glassys got us playing, the dons are back

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Just wondered as I thought I saw you mention it recently

I have a "relative" from there who had been tracing her family who made contact with me in 2018 and apparently we have the same great great great great great grandfather. 

Nice. Everyone from both sides of my family have been in the States for generations. All settled in Illinois, Iowa, and South Dakota. I believe back in the mid 1800s you could basically get a stake from your state capital and run out and put it in the ground to stake your land. Then go get your property deed. 

Where your relative is at the soil is poor. But I personally like the ozarks area.  But futher north is corn and soybean country. A generation or two ago we are talking about family farms. The greatest generation (my grandparent's generation) tended to come back from ww2 and settle in the suburbs. Manufacturing was booming back then.

From what I'm aware of my family is from North England (outside carlisle), ireland, and belgium. 

Big changes in America's heartland. I actually played soccer as a youth. But lost interest and played other sports from about 11 on. But fell in love with the game in my 20s traveling around Latin America. Soccer/Intl.

Football is growing fast now. Big early morning gatherings at bars even in mid size cities to watch. People drinking at 7 am screaming liverpool, liverpool, liverpool and all that. I've been at a bar/restaurant with a framed celtic jersey even. I thought about donating an AFC one. I still may.

American football is hitting the news for being dangerous. Baseball lost its mojo after the steroid scandals, and basketball has gotten soft (3 point chuckers). Over the next 2 decades soccer may take over.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Ramsay at the back 

Ramirez in attack

The 2nd half was so dull to watch that the singing from the Red Shed livened up the game.

Edinburgh City must be right up there as one of the worst teams I've ever seen. We really should have scored much more than 3.

JET was particularly bad. He gave the ball away at least 5 times in the short time he was on the pitch.

16 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Ramsay at the back 

Ramirez in attack

Stock Aitken & Waterman would struggle to get a hit out of that even if Kylie Minogue sang it in crotchless panties. 

The first 4 lines have no flow or rhythm. 

Although im commenting as a man whos never properly heard it. 

Crack on young team, me and the middle-aged men who fuck off at half time whenever we can be arseholed going aren't going to generate any atmosphere. 

16 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Stock Aitken & Waterman would struggle to get a hit out of that even if Kylie Minogue sang it in crotchless panties. 

The first 4 lines have no flow or rhythm. 

Although im commenting as a man whos never properly heard it. 

Crack on young team, me and the middle-aged men who fuck off at half time whenever we can be arseholed going aren't going to generate any atmosphere. 

It works in real time. Catchy enough number imo. 

What’s of more concern is the number of songs Ojo has - the useless cunt will think he’s popular ?