Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Who have other teams such as Hearts, Hibs Utd signed that would improve us or you would say we've missed out on? How do you know other clubs haven't missed out on targets?

Potentially we have a few lined up waiting for contracts to be signed, paperwork to be completed prior to releasing the details.

Professional players will stay fit.

Your post is pant pishing of the highest order. Pampers definitely required.

To an extent. But there's a reason why every club does pre-season training, yes it isn't like the 80s and further back when half the squad somehow managed to put on over a stone each in the (admittedly much longer than now) close season but even in the 6 weeks or so it is now they do lose peak conditioning. 

As for the other teams you mention......I honestly have no idea if the additions the Edinburgh clubs have made to date would have improved us or not. But by having sheer numbers on board, they're certainly both in a better place than we are as it stands. 

The question I have for you is when does pant-pishing become a genuine concern? I'd say if we don't have at least 2 new faces in the door by this coming Friday, any accusations of pant-pishing are null and void

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Massive week for Gunner on the way… will tell us a lot. He needs to start delivering. Fear for him if he’s let the Norwegian slip away too…

You think he's going to last in this position?

I know pretty nothing about the guy to be fair, But he just doesn't seem to give off any air of an astute negotiator when i've seen him getting interviewed

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I don’t have faith that the players we currently have even have the ability to beat Buckie next Saturday. Besides it shouldn’t even be a question…. If we go into the group games with the current squad it’ll just prove there’s huge problems behind the scenes.

Fair point 

I think we'll have a few faces onboard by then though, If there are issues then follwing on from last seasons summer debacle i'd say Gunn is the common denominator in it all

2 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Who have other teams such as Hearts, Hibs Utd signed that would improve us or you would say we've missed out on? How do you know other clubs haven't missed out on targets?

Potentially we have a few lined up waiting for contracts to be signed, paperwork to be completed prior to releasing the details.

Professional players will stay fit.

Your post is pant pishing of the highest order. Pampers definitely required.

For Hearts i'd take the Ozzie CB Rowles in a heart-beat, Forrest maybe as a squad filler, Neilson from the Jutes looks a good prospect esp on a free.

For Hibs Tavares from Benfica looks a good signing, the RB back from Australia looks decent, Marshall prob an improvement on Lewis, Kenneh has good rep from Leeds and only 19, Bushiri was gash last season and no idea about their winger from Africa.

Jutes are an unfair comparison with Courts packing it in a week ago. 

It's not panic stations yet, but i expected to have more than 1 player on board by now BEFORE anyone else had even left.

3 hours ago, beef_sister said:

You think he's going to last in this position?

I know pretty nothing about the guy to be fair, But he just doesn't seem to give off any air of an astute negotiator when i've seen him getting interviewed

I don't know... it is interesting though.  The evidence which presents and various snippets we hear about, do suggest that Gunner may well be out of his depth...

Goodwin mentioned, at the end of last season, that the work had been done (presumably in tandem with Mowbray) to identify their targets.  The way we're now structured (previously McInnes was involved in every step), the buck then moves to Gunner.

However, there are plenty of rumours, from various sources, which suggest more than a few players will be arriving this week.  I hope that's the case - otherwise I doubt Goodwin, amongst others, will be too impressed!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I don't know... it is interesting though.  The evidence which presents and various snippets we hear about, do suggest that Gunner may well be out of his depth...

Goodwin mentioned, at the end of last season, that the work had been done (presumably in tandem with Mowbray) to identify their targets.  The way we're now structured (previously McInnes was involved in every step), the buck then moves to Gunner.

However, there are plenty of rumours, from various sources, which suggest more than a few players will be arriving this week.  I hope that's the case - otherwise I doubt Goodwin, amongst others, will be too impressed!

I do have my doubts about Steven Gunn’s capabilities for the role of Director of Football. 

I don’t doubt he works hard, but maybe negotiation & communication skills aren’t his strong suit. Who knows? Probably no-one on here? 

We do seem to take longer to sign players after we’ve identified our targets though. 

Let’s wait & see what happens this week.    
This summers window is big for him. 
If we don’t secure decent signings fingers will be pointed in his direction.

Looking on from the outside, I get the feeling he’s not suited for that role. 
It’s tricky… do you get a “football man” who’s not the best at negotiating & budgeting but players could relate to, or do you go for someone with zero football background who’s a sharp negotiator? 

We would appear to have neither. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I do have my doubts about Steven Gunn’s capabilities for the role of Director of Football. 

I don’t doubt he works hard, but maybe negotiation & communication skills aren’t his strong suit. Who knows? Probably no-one on here? 

We do seem to take longer to sign players after we’ve identified our targets though. 

Let’s wait & see what happens this week.    
This summers window is big for him. 
If we don’t secure decent signings fingers will be pointed in his direction.

Looking on from the outside, I get the feeling he’s not suited for that role. 
It’s tricky… do you get a “football man” who’s not the best at negotiating & budgeting but players could relate to, or do you go for someone with zero football background who’s a sharp negotiator? 

We would appear to have neither. 

I recall we have always seemed to be slow at signing new players , except in the Ferguson days, and up until Hun DMC.

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

To an extent. But there's a reason why every club does pre-season training, yes it isn't like the 80s and further back when half the squad somehow managed to put on over a stone each in the (admittedly much longer than now) close season but even in the 6 weeks or so it is now they do lose peak conditioning. 

As for the other teams you mention......I honestly have no idea if the additions the Edinburgh clubs have made to date would have improved us or not. But by having sheer numbers on board, they're certainly both in a better place than we are as it stands. 

The question I have for you is when does pant-pishing become a genuine concern? I'd say if we don't have at least 2 new faces in the door by this coming Friday, any accusations of pant-pishing are null and void

Fitness is a million times more advanced now than it was back in the 80's or even the 90's.

Sheer numbers do not make you a good team. Correct balance and characters which Goodwin and Mowbray are seemingly targeting should be the correct recruitment process especially after the bunch of charlatans and misfits that Glass assembled last year. 

I'm still confident that we'll have a successful window. No idea why but I do.

I'm standing free.

16 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

I recall we have always seemed to be slow at signing new players , except in the Ferguson days, and up until Hun DMC.

You must have the manager involved in any signing.He is the guy players will be working with...

We'll not sign players for the sake of it, and save ourselves for the summer (avoiding paying over the odds for an inferior striker) are two comments that we are not backing up.

It seems bizarre we have no ability to sign anyone on a precontract.

I can understand the delays when you are looking to loan/buy players as the sellers and players might not be in a particular rush. 

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

I am 100% convinced you are R_J with the the shit you continually post on here...

Maybe try getting a sense of humour.. that comment was purely based on previous times when we’ve needed new signings and player x has come back from injury and it’s been indicated that it’s like having a new signing. I don’t actually think that’s going to happen.

I feel for Goodwin, he’d clearly not have expected to have no new players (other than Ramadani who’s still not here) on board almost a week into pre season training.

22 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Maybe try getting a sense of humour.. that comment was purely based on previous times when we’ve needed new signings and player x has come back from injury and it’s been indicated that it’s like having a new signing. I don’t actually think that’s going to happen.

I feel for Goodwin, he’d clearly not have expected to have no new players (other than Ramadani who’s still not here) on board almost a week into pre season training.

Or perhaps Goodwin knows what is going on and what the current state of affairs are with targets and is comfortable.

Bottom line is nobody on here has a clue what the situation is with targets. 

From the Scottish Sun...................

"HEARTS and Aberdeen have been given the green light to slug it out over Connor Ronan. 

Wolves have now decided to formally put the 24-year-old Irishman up for sale this summer, despite having two years left on his deal. 

Ronan impressed last season during a loan to St Mirren, sparking interest from the Jambos. 

And ex-Buddies boss Jim Goodwin is also keen to work with him again at Pittodrie. 

Wolves reckon he won’t make an impact with them in the coming year so have concluded it’s time he moved on permanently, after six loan deals in the last four years. "

1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

Or perhaps Goodwin knows what is going on and what the current state of affairs are with targets and is comfortable.

Bottom line is nobody on here has a clue what the situation is with targets. 

Well everyone knows we've signed 1 player to the first team squad and moved more than 10 out. 

It's difficult to spin Kennedy or Duncan etc as like new signings to the extent we can cope with that deficit.

1 Brown

2 Devlin

3 JET

4 McGeouch

5 Ojo

6 Jenks

7 Montgomery

8 Considine

9 Campbell

10 Ramsay

(11 Ruth)

6 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Why $4k/week? Is that our rumoured offer?

Cos his CV looks dodgy. Part time football a few of the seasons. You dont want caught with a guy on a four year deal on 5k per week unless he's already proven himself 

its bad enough having players on those wages who did prove themselves like Joe Lewis

9 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

To add to that, he was a Carlisle reserve player who we purchased for 20k.

There are hidden gems to be discovered in league 2. I would agree that the probability for success is lower than league 1/Championship and I also agree the league as a whole is below the SPL however it would be foolish to disregard the league all together. 

The lad from Tranmere could be the next Shay Logan (who also played in league 2 for Tranmere albeit on loan).

Was at a league 2 game last year - it was fuckin brutal. 

also, if any of our signings have played their best years in Thailand or the Vauxhall conference or any of those novelty leagues, they’re shite. Don’t have that weird irrational hope that football fans have. They’ll be shite