Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 minute ago, beef_sister said:

Ronan hopefully taking up the bulk of that.... 

what's folks opinion on how the squad is shaping up after the signings so far this week? To me it looks like Goodwin has seen our defence was a holocaust last season ( Wouldn't have taken much to see ) I still think we need some more creativity from the midfield and an out and out striker. Get that Ramsey cash spent Cormack you fucking helmet

Ronan by the end of the week would be ?

I like the idea of Ronan and Mcrorie with Barron in front of them. 

9 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

what's folks opinion on how the squad is shaping up after the signings so far this week? To me it looks like Goodwin has seen our defence was a holocaust last season ( Wouldn't have taken much to see ) I still think we need some more creativity from the midfield and an out and out striker. Get that Ramsey cash spent Cormack you fucking helmet

We've still a long way to rebuild imo. Hopefully this is just the beginning and they keep coming.

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Scotsman saying Lauristen wants to "keep options open" with Sparta Rotterdam interested. 

Eredivise is a better league so couldn't begrudge him that. 

Hopefully we put our foot down at some stage. 

Also, Odd are reluctant to sell before their transfer window opens (1st - 31st August) without a replacement lined up. 

I’d wait, but sign another striker which we need anyway. 
We can negotiate the League Cup ties with the new striker & Watkins as strikers.

If Lauritsen ends up in Rotterdam we should have another striker lined up for the start of the league 

To be honest I can’t see him coming to us over a move to the Eredivisie. We won’t get him. 

5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Scotsman saying Lauristen wants to "keep options open" with Sparta Rotterdam interested. 

Was told he turned us down days ago.

Probably as soon as he heard of the interest from Sparta Rotterdam before their bid was official

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

If it was a better team than Sparta Rotterdam I'd agree, but they are a fairly consistent bottom 6 team out of 18 teams. Being fair, I could see him looking at both us and Sparta and choosing neither!

4 minutes ago, MightyDons said:

If it was a better team than Sparta Rotterdam I'd agree, but they are a fairly consistent bottom 6 team out of 18 teams. Being fair, I could see him looking at both us and Sparta and choosing neither!

Rotterdam>Aberdeen. 

Not far from Amsterdam there either. 

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Three quarters of a new back four in one day.  Some going.   Seems to have shut up zeroisgod76 for a bit anyway. 

Three attacking players next please. 

Haha why would it shut me up? Chuffed with the signings and that we’re finally bringing players in but the facts are it’s a loan from Celtic (pathetic), a player that’s played most his football in the national league and a big guy from Wycombe on a free. Hardly setting the heather alight is it? Not exactly the most exciting of signings.

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Won’t know how good the squad is yet until we see them play. Ramadani looks ok, Richardson isn’t coming from a high standard of football so might not be straight in, I don’t know nothing about Stewart yet, scales looks an ok prospect but the Celtic fans arnt to fussed about him going. 

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Haha why would it shut me up? Chuffed with the signings and that we’re finally bringing players in but the facts are it’s a loan from Celtic (pathetic), a player that’s played most his football in the national league and a big guy from Wycombe on a free. Hardly setting the heather alight is it? Not exactly the most exciting of signings.

If they function as a effective defensive unit and are an improvement on a last year's defence then that will be just fine. 

Doesn't matter where they came from if they work together.  Most of the club's best signings came from fairly low level sources. 

But until we see them play together none of us really know the reality.  Fingers crossed. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We won’t.

Goodwin has said in his Graham Hunter interview we’d play a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but it would be a back 4. 

Good point - I forgot he'd said that. Just seems we're overloaded with defenders at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if Gallagher moves on though.

Hoping that of those two options it's the 4231 we end up with. The 433 is too flat in the middle and leaves the central striker too isolated up front (well at least the way we played it last season anyway). Hopefully some signings further up the pitch soon.