Squad speculation...

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Exactly what we want from the manager then. Stamping his authority on it. All for it. Brown has been a passenger for the majority of the season. Get him to fuck and put his sizeable wage towards the summer budget. 

The problem being Brown still has a year left on his contract. So even if he is ostracised if he decides to sit it out for a year we can't put his sizeable wage towards anything. I can't see a clamour of clubs offering him a playing contract on anything close to the money he will be on here as he's 37 and clearly not the player he was. So unless someone offers him a managerial or coaching position he will potentially be on our books until next summer. Far more likely we will pay off the remainder of his contract which won't be cheap.

3 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

The problem being Brown still has a year left on his contract. So even if he is ostracised if he decides to sit it out for a year we can't put his sizeable wage towards anything. I can't see a clamour of clubs offering him a playing contract on anything close to the money he will be on here as he's 37 and clearly not the player he was. So unless someone offers him a managerial or coaching position he will potentially be on our books until next summer. Far more likely we will pay off the remainder of his contract which won't be cheap.

I would imagine he’ll have some coaching and/or player-coach offers before too long which will hopefully mean Shiny Dave can agree a compromise pay off asap.

5 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I'd call his bluff. 

Can't see him wanting to hang about for 16 months where he's not wanted. 

I think he'd want to get out. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd call his bluff. 

Can't see him wanting to hang about for 16 months where he's not wanted. 

I think he'd want to get out. 

Yeah you'd hope so. But if he doesn't get any suitable offers I don't see him walking until he receives a large percentage of the remainder of his contract as a pay off. I'm pretty sure wherever he goes next he will be on far less money than he is on here.

4 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Yeah you'd hope so. But if he doesn't get any suitable offers I don't see him walking until he receives a large percentage of the remainder of his contract as a pay off. I'm pretty sure wherever he goes next he will be on far less money than he is on here.

Ideally he gets offered a player manager job somewhere. 

Or his pal Lennon gets a new gig and takes him as part of his back up team. 

23 minutes ago, Tattie Took Time said:

Aye, though it might depend on how much of his contract we have to pay up.

If he's instigated any bust up then gross misconduct surely? Then don't need to pay him a penny. It depends how far the club want to go to get rid of him. I suspect he'll stay until the summer regardless then a "mutual agreement" for him to go back to the central belt. 

4 minutes ago, Tattie Took Time said:

I don’t think he’s playing games to be fair, he’s pretty much gone. He won’t be back other than to tie up any loose ends……..like agreeing a payoff!

Team lines will be interesting in half an hour. 

He's pretty much done as a player now anyway and he was yesterday's man as far as the management team goes. 

Best to just stump up and get rid. Another lesson learned by Cormack. 

25 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I don't think we'll pay off the remainder of his contract. He'll stay until the summer in all honesty. Then he'll either retire or get a coaching gig back at Celtic or maybe Maloney will try and tempt him back to Hibs. With the amount of injuries we are picking up right now I can't see the club sanctioning him leaving at this time. I'd be happy enough if they did as, like I said before, he's been a passenger for the most part. 

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If he's instigated any bust up then gross misconduct surely? Then don't need to pay him a penny. It depends how far the club want to go to get rid of him. I suspect he'll stay until the summer regardless then a "mutual agreement" for him to go back to the central belt. 

Don’t think he’s instigated anything. JG wants him gone so DC will agree a payoff and SB will go before the summer.

It's not as if Brown has to worry about money given how much he was earning at the Tims but at the same time, why would he walk away for peanuts when he could sit tight for the next year and a bit  and collect every single penny he's due? Especially now as he's fallen out with Goodwin....he could decide to be a total cunt about things just to make things as awkward as he can for the club. 

As others have said, unlikely he's going to get a playing contract at a decent club (except maybe as a player-coach with Hibs which as I've said before is where I think he will end up). But he can't play for another club till next season anyway.  Even the loan deadline for clubs in the lower leagues has passed. So we are stuck with him and vice versa unless we can agree a  pay off

3 minutes ago, Tattie Took Time said:

Don’t think he’s instigated anything. JG wants him gone so DC will agree a payoff and SB will go before the summer.

I suppose we'll soon see if anything is said when the team news comes out. He certainly never looked up for it at Tynecastle and if that's the sort of commitment we can expect he's much better off gone. 

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It's not as if Brown has to worry about money given how much he was earning at the Tims but at the same time, why would he walk away for peanuts when he could sit tight for the next year and a bit  and collect every single penny he's due? Especially now as he's fallen out with Goodwin....he could decide to be a total cunt about things just to make things as awkward as he can for the club. 

As others have said, unlikely he's going to get a playing contract at a decent club (except maybe as a player-coach with Hibs which as I've said before is where I think he will end up). But he can't play for another club till next season anyway.  Even the loan deadline for clubs in the lower leagues has passed. So we are stuck with him and vice versa unless we can agree a  pay off

Exactly right, which is why DC will agree a payoff quick sharp

36 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

He’s been a total failure of a signing. The marquee signing of the worst dons team of the past decade. Was obvious his legs were gone about a year before he left Celtic, ludicrous decision to offer him a 2 year playing contract. 

Sooner he’s out the door the better. 

Absolutely this. A nonsensical signing 

49 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hopefully the penny finally drops that there's nothing to be gained by bringing in ageing Celtic or Hun players to top up their retirement funds before they pack it in. 

The only one I can recall being any use for more than a few months was Barry Robson. The rest have been a fucking disaster. 

I'd Say McNamara was the worst of the lot. Absolute cunt

5 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

At least this season has 100% proved one thing our scouting set up is an absolute mess. And along with Gunn out we need someone brought in to re shape our scouting network and get us fit for the future of football 

You'd hope Goodwin would have a better grip of that... he does of course have to win a few games first...