Kelle Roos

8 hours ago, G man said:

How do you know.? Doohan has not played one minute of non friendly games since he arrived.

Because i’ve watched him before, Also it’s clear he was signed to fill the homegrown quota with no intention of actually pushing Roos for the starting spot.

19 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Because i’ve watched him before, Also it’s clear he was signed to fill the homegrown quota with no intention of actually pushing Roos for the starting spot.

Surely all clubs need a capable back up in case of injury/ suspension/ loss  of form of the first choice keeper.?

6 hours ago, G man said:

He has cost us 7 points in the last 4 games alone.

Yup, he is a huge part of the problem at the moment.

Can't catch a cross, can't hold a weak shot, can't parry the ball away from danger, can't kick the ball to a team mate. He can't do any of the basics.

He is also incredibly slow at kicking the ball - takes forever to take a goal kick and was a point in injury time last night when we just needed to get the ball forward and he's taking ages waving folk forward etc and then just kicks it straight back to Sevco. Infuriatingly bad.

I'd definitely give Doohan or Ritchie a chance to start against Bonnyrigg.

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Doohan ffs. Be as well giving Warnock a shottie as player manager in goal

Doohan was signed simply to fill ‘home grown’ criteria in hope he never has to play. 

Cannot be worse than Roos now is my point. Even if he is garbage. Roos is a fucking charlatan 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Because he's offski in the summer' letting his contract run down. so he couldn't give a shit! 

Be lucky to get a game with Beechwood Reserves at this rate when his contract does expire.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RAZOR said:

How has he turned so bad..

Samson still hanging around from the Goodwin dynasty like a bad smell.

Time to freshen things up.

I'm personally not of the opinion he was ever that good in the first place. I reckon he was taken in because he could play out from the back better than Joe Lewis could, but since Robson changed that style, his all-round game has been exposed a bit more.

Roos' non-improvement is clear to see but I'm not sure how any of us can really comment on Samson's coaching unless we're getting the goss on what he does. Sometimes footballers just aren't very coachable, a great many of them have poor concentration or are thick as pigshit. It's pretty basic that you'd expect a keeper to palm a shot away from goals; that gets taught at age 12, so I don't believe for one second Samson is to blame for Roos' inability or unwillingness to do those basics.

Obv I don't know what Roos is like in the dressing room but I can't help but think his face won't fit with Warnock on that kind of showing.  If there is someone available he'll go after them. Paddy Kenny is only 45, are you with me?

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I'm personally not of the opinion he was ever that good in the first place. I reckon he was taken in because he could play out from the back better than Joe Lewis could, but since Robson changed that style, his all-round game has been exposed a bit more.

Roos' non-improvement is clear to see but I'm not sure how any of us can really comment on Samson's coaching unless we're getting the goss on what he does. Sometimes footballers just aren't very coachable, a great many of them have poor concentration or are thick as pigshit. It's pretty basic that you'd expect a keeper to palm a shot away from goals; that gets taught at age 12, so I don't believe for one second Samson is to blame for Roos' inability or unwillingness to do those basics.

Obv I don't know what Roos is like in the dressing room but I can't help but think his face won't fit with Warnock on that kind of showing.  If there is someone available he'll go after them. Paddy Kenny is only 45, are you with me?

Aye, we've went over that debate if he was ever any good in depth but my point was that he was never this bad. He's went from bad to worse this season.

I was partly only joking about Samson. From what I see he seems to spend more time instructing outfield players.

Just now, RAZOR said:

I was partly only joking about Samson. From what I see he seems to spend more time instructing outfield players.

Yeah I know, kind of flitting between this an the other Samson thread, he's getting a bit of stick that I'm not sure is due. Maybe the club should clarify his role but it's not ridiculous to suggest that he's the guy tasked with making sure specific instructions get delivered.  When you're a head coach you have a million things going on and if you have good guys around you who are good at getting a message across, you delegate it to them. Christ even just thinking about subs during a game can be an absolute nightmare.

Warnock was chipper after the game, but I'm sure internally he'll be having a word in his lug about that. 1st was a shocker. Looks disinterested since a while, and constantly arses about slowing down potential attacks. Not sure, but the keeper we had from Ajax would have been better?

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Wr can comment on Samson's coaching cause we're seeing a bad keeper getting worse. He really is shocking at kicking, catching crosses and palming the ball to safety. These are the absolute basics for a keeper. If Samson can't coach the basics, then what's he there for?

He's picking up a full time wage to to coach that kind of shit out of him. Coaching Roos is his main role and he's shite at it. We're paying two wages to watch one keeper cost us points every week.

Roos needs dropped and Samson needs punted.

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Wr can comment on Samson's coaching cause we're seeing a bad keeper getting worse. He really is shocking at kicking, catching crosses and palming the ball to safety. These are the absolute basics for a keeper. If Samson can't coach the basics, then what's he there for?

He's picking up a full time wage to to coach that kind of shit out of him. Coaching Roos is his main role and he's shite at it. We're paying two wages to watch one keeper cost us points every week.

Hear, hear.

There is no fucking point in a goalkeeping coach. A complete and needless waste or a wage.

Regardless of it being perceived to be a modern day prerequisite of a club's coaching staff, clubs are meekly being railroaded into believing that it is a must to have a goalkeeping coach employed or they'll be fictitiously "left behind".

Bollocks. 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I’m not sure Roos is getting worse as he’s always been bad. Before he got injured last season it was like he had paper bags for hands as instead of palming it out he when he got his hand to the ball it would go in anyway. 
And it was said he was better than Lewis as his kicking was better but I think it’s always been poor to 

1 hour ago, Daisy1903 said:

Roos just isn't very good. Everything else is just speculation; it is very difficult to pin it on what he's being coached when it is an individual error he is making. That's lack of focus.  At face value yes it is a fair conclusion to make that Samson isn't making him better. But if you're in and around a football club that has a goalkeeper coach you can know that it isn't always down to the coaching, it can be down to the mentality, focus, attitude of the player as to how much of that they are willing and able to take on board. I know this from very bitter first-hand experience.

You could go all through the team about any individual; how or why Gartenmann & Jensen can't properly head the ball in a forward trajectory, why Duk is labouring a little, why Clarkson is out of sorts. It's not always down to the technicalities of coaching.  Football is about 90% desire, attitude and focus.  The team is low on confidence and they've been conditioned by Robson that they need to run and run and run. Peter Leven said it on Saturday, Neil Warnock said it last night; rushing around too much, need to relax. When the players take a bit off it, get to be more relaxed and instinctive, the results will come and the mistakes will be less.

For what its worth it is probably right that Samson goes to completely clear the decks.  I'm just not sure I agree that he can be blamed for Roos' individual errors with any deal of certainty. I just think Roos is a bit shit.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Roos just isn't very good. Everything else is just speculation; it is very difficult to pin it on what he's being coached when it is an individual error he is making. That's lack of focus.  At face value yes it is a fair conclusion to make that Samson isn't making him better. But if you're in and around a football club that has a goalkeeper coach you can know that it isn't always down to the coaching, it can be down to the mentality, focus, attitude of the player as to how much of that they are willing and able to take on board. I know this from very bitter first-hand experience.

You could go all through the team about any individual; how or why Gartenmann & Jensen can't properly head the ball in a forward trajectory, why Duk is labouring a little, why Clarkson is out of sorts. It's not always down to the technicalities of coaching.  Football is about 90% desire, attitude and focus.  The team is low on confidence and they've been conditioned by Robson that they need to run and run and run. Peter Leven said it on Saturday, Neil Warnock said it last night; rushing around too much, need to relax. When the players take a bit off it, get to be more relaxed and instinctive, the results will come and the mistakes will be less.

For what its worth it is probably right that Samson goes to completely clear the decks.  I'm just not sure I agree that he can be blamed for Roos' individual errors with any deal of certainty. I just think Roos is a bit shit.

I'm not blaming him entirely for Roos. Roos has ultimate blame. But if Samson ain't fixing it then what we paying him for? An absolute waste of a wage