Kelle Roos

34 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I'm not blaming him entirely for Roos. Roos has ultimate blame. But if Samson ain't fixing it then what we paying him for? An absolute waste of a wage

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...

We have no idea or not if Samson is actually coaching the correct things to Roos (you have to assume he is or he wouldn't have gained his coaching badges). It could just be that Roos is either too thick to learn anything or worse, he's just a stubborn cunt who thinks he knows better (and thinks he is better than he actually is into the bargain)

Either way, it's clear that Roos isn't good enough. Hopefully the new contract offer is withdrawn sharpish, before he can get the chance to sign it and consign us to more seasons of his shit goalkeeping. As for Samson....it's probably to everyone's benefit if he is paid off at the end of the season and whoever gets appointed into the manager's job can bring in his own man

29 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I'm not blaming him entirely for Roos. Roos has ultimate blame. But if Samson ain't fixing it then what we paying him for? An absolute waste of a wage

Ok, here’s something for you, are you aware that Roos is dyslexic?

“When you are dyslexic at a very young age, you find out something that comes natural to other people doesn’t come natural to you.“

Say you’re right, that Samson hasn’t improved Roos. In the spirit of debating the point; should Samson’s abilities be judged on not being able to change his coaching style for Roos’ different learning method?

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

“When you are dyslexic at a very young age, you find out something that comes natural to other people doesn’t come natural to you.“

Say you’re right, that Samson hasn’t improved Roos. In the spirit of debating the point; should Samson’s abilities be judged on not being able to change his coaching style for Roos’ different learning method?

Fair point, Samson is probably training him to catch but he interprets it as push to opposing player. Likewise, he may interpret 'come for ball' as 'stay on line' and 'command the six yard box' as 'flap about like a fanny'.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Am I being punk'd here?

Last save by Joe Hart tonight shows how to save a shot and hold it. Something Roos is incapable of, get rid of as soon as possible.                           Funny he was shite early on last season until they loaned the guy from Ajax, that’s what competition brings. Something that has been lacking for years with Aberdeen in the goalkeeping department

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Aye last night was when my patience finally ran out 

Has shown spells of genuinely good goalkeeping but not for long enough 

Let him go and start looking for replacement 

It would be good if we could for once get a keeper in that shows ability and potential and then we improve on that. It always seems that keepers get progressively worse with us.

10 hours ago, winchester83 said:

Last save by Joe Hart tonight shows how to save a shot and hold it. Something Roos is incapable of, get rid of as soon as possible.                           Funny he was shite early on last season until they loaned the guy from Ajax, that’s what competition brings. Something that has been lacking for years with Aberdeen in the goalkeeping department

Your not wrong when was the last time we had two great keepers at the club 

Leighton and Gunn?

18 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Hear, hear.

There is no fucking point in a goalkeeping coach. A complete and needless waste or a wage.

Regardless of it being perceived to be a modern day prerequisite of a club's coaching staff, clubs are meekly being railroaded into believing that it is a must to have a goalkeeping coach employed or they'll be fictitiously "left behind".

Bollocks. 

Nah. 

Based on absolutely nothing, I assume that a GK coach is very much needed. Keeper doesn't do the same training as the other players, and it would be a lonely and rubbish job through the week if he had nobody to keep him motivated/not bored. I imagine that the role of GK coach is 20% technical coaching and 90% buddying.

16 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

wtf you talking about!? we need someone to throw or kick aimless punts at Roos before a game so he can gamely save them.

14 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Aye last night was when my patience finally ran out 

Has shown spells of genuinely good goalkeeping but not for long enough 

Let him go and start looking for replacement 

I think the same for me. There's obviously a good keeper in there - we saw that second half of last season - but he's been ropey as hell this season far too many times. And losing a game because of two shocking and pathetic 'saves' is just a last straw for me too. 

Of course if we do lose him, then there's no guarantee we don't get an even bigger dobbin in. 😵

17 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Well, if he's trying to read the ball first, that'll explain why he can't get his hands set to catch the fucking thing.

• Haha 1

I've watched it back a few times and the first goal is one of the worst errors I've ever seen a top flight keeper make. 

He literally could have bent down and picked it up. 

The only reasons for such an error are a huge lack of concentration, or that it was deliberate. We have to accept that it was the first, because the second option is just to stupid to contemplate. 

Either way, he's costing us points with his erratic performances. It reminds me of Joe Lewis in the 6-0 Hibs game....a guy who had no interest in trying. 

We can't go on giving him the opportunity to cost us points every week, because that's what's happening. Get him out of there, and give Doohan a chnace. 

34 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I've watched it back a few times and the first goal is one of the worst errors I've ever seen a top flight keeper make. 

He literally could have bent down and picked it up. 

The only reasons for such an error are a huge lack of concentration, or that it was deliberate. We have to accept that it was the first, because the second option is just to stupid to contemplate. 

Either way, he's costing us points with his erratic performances. It reminds me of Joe Lewis in the 6-0 Hibs game....a guy who had no interest in trying. 

We can't go on giving him the opportunity to cost us points every week, because that's what's happening. Get him out of there, and give Doohan a chnace. 

Nah min.  He's set for the boy to lash it (like the 2nd goal) so when instead the Hun basically sclaffs it it comes a lot slower than he was expecting.  Doesnt excuse him as he should have been able to adjust but Ill guarantee thats what happened.  Or else he simply wasnt good enough to deal with a slower effort in which case he should have been rooted out long before now. 

Re old GK partnerships Im on record as not Dereks biggest fan but getting in Alexander to sit on the bench was a great move.