Kelle Roos

1 hour ago, GDON21 said:

Ross Doohan is crap btw. Cheap squad filler for european home grown quota. This will be Gary Woods when he came in for Lewis all over again. Stick with Roos as he is the best we've got and change in the summer.

Regrettably agree (was it not Freddie Woods?)

Too much to play for to be fucking about and lets be honest we're not that good.

You could chuck Ritchie in, makes an error that costs us the game* (of which Roos has made plenty) and that would finish him before he'd even started. 

* The key takeaway being don't be in a position that one freak goal fucks us.

15 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Probably correct, pretty grim we have to continue with a goalkeeper who's costing us a goal per game because the alternative is even worse.

Gives completely the wrong message if Doohan doesn't play. Reinforces to Roos he gets selected regardless of performance and tells Doohan he is not rated. The 7 points Roos has cost us in the last 4 games could be crucial come the end of the season.

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Seigrist has sat twiddling his thumbs for 3 yrs 

He signed for Celtic summer 2022

But yes it has went spectacularly wrong for him there. I'm sure they'd allow him to leave for free in summer should we want him. The concerning thing though is that (similar to Besuijen with us) it's 2 separate managers that have deemed him not good enough. In Siegrist's case...they actually prefer Scott Bain to him.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

What's your evidence to say he's the poorest?

But no one has really seen Ritchie play other than those who have watched him in U18/21 matches or those who saw him when out on loan.

Answered your own question there, although I’m not aware we have an U21 team. 

4 hours ago, GDON21 said:

Ross Doohan is crap btw. Cheap squad filler for european home grown quota. This will be Gary Woods when he came in for Lewis all over again. Stick with Roos as he is the best we've got and change in the summer.

If we were looking for a keeper that met the home grown requirements and might actually have challenged Roos for the gloves then we could have gone for Hazard.  Good stint in the Finnish league and Europe with Helsinki, NI international, now doing pretty well in the championship Plymouth and only cost about £150k.  At 25 he still young for a goalie and has plenty time to improve.

2 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If we were looking for a keeper that met the home grown requirements and might actually have challenged Roos for the gloves then we could have gone for Hazard.  Good stint in the Finnish league and Europe with Helsinki, NI international, now doing pretty well in the championship Plymouth and only cost about £150k.  At 25 he still young for a goalie and has plenty time to improve.

We did look at Hazard, do you not remember the Cormack tweet to Alan Burrows that was supposed to be a private message. 

29 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Oh Cormack, you butter fingered fool.

Did we actually make an offer to/for Hazard that was turned down? 

My local side Plymouth have got a bargain with Hazard. I think we paid £150 k has been superb. Cormack definitely should have bid for him. Huge opportunity missed. 

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He signed for Celtic summer 2022

But yes it has went spectacularly wrong for him there. I'm sure they'd allow him to leave for free in summer should we want him. The concerning thing though is that (similar to Besuijen with us) it's 2 separate managers that have deemed him not good enough. In Siegrist's case...they actually prefer Scott Bain to him.

Aye from the outside it certainly looks like he’s just gone there to pick up a wage and do fuck all. There’s no chance Bain has ever been better than the Siegrest that left Dundee Utd, so you’ve got to be asking questions about whether he’s just downed tools there 

6 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Poor planning from the club to have 3 such average keepers on our books, with various degrees of competency. I just think it’s laughable to suggest having the poorest and least experienced of the 3 between the sticks tomorrow but time will tell.

Will be interesting to see if Warno could prise an additional keeper out of Cormack’s budget for the remainder of the season - there’s a Scottish Cup to play for ‘ere.

I'm not believing that he's worse than Roos is right now. I'd honestly rather have Samson in goals right now as he'd do less damage rhan that cunt

52 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I'm not believing that he's worse than Roos is right now. I'd honestly rather have Samson in goals right now as he'd do less damage rhan that cunt

Who’d operate the club iPad though?

3 hours ago, RUL said:

Roos isn’t as bad as has been made out but he defo isn’t as good as he was last season either. Think he’ll be back in team Wednesday.

I disagree.   Doohan coped fine with pretty much everything he had to do , and he had to do quite a bit more than anticipated.  He was maybe even the busier of the two keepers yesterday. 

No reason to be confident that Roos wouldn’t have fucked up at least once yesterday.

21 minutes ago, redone said:

I disagree.   Doohan coped fine with pretty much everything he had to do , and he had to do quite a bit more than anticipated.  He was maybe even the busier of the two keepers yesterday. 

No reason to be confident that Roos wouldn’t have fucked up at least once yesterday.

Come on, impossible to judge Doohan on yesterday

Part of me says still keep Roos out though, I have been livid with him over the last few months

His arrogance is way above his ability