Kelle Roos

4 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

Is his eyesight ok?? How the hell a professional keeper would miss that ball. I mean it wasn't fast, he didn't have to race like a greyhound he just had to reach for it and totally misjudged it ffs. He either needs his eyesight checked or he needs to give up goalkeeping because its not for him.

He's not at Barron levels yet but he has some gie bags under his eyes 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Russell said:

He's not at Barron levels yet but he has some gie bags under his eyes 

Aye and unusually for this forum I'm not just taking the piss. That looked like he clearly didn't see the ball right OR he has hand-eye coordination at my level and I am not and could never be a goalie.

2 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

We need to chop him up and rebuild him, Robocop style. Big hydraulic arms and everything. Is there anything in the rules that forbids that?

😄😄. It never stopped Oscar Pistorius competing in a sport min, so cannot envisage a reason why Kelle Roos can't be suitably equipped to fulfil his potential, sponsored by Loctite superglue.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. He was lucky they didn't have a player in that area. Probably his worst error yet. 

Their goal came from him deciding to start playing the ball short rather than kicking it up the pitch like he'd done for the rest of the game.  Everyone knows our defenders can't handle playing it out from the back. 

He's a total numpty. 

I was raging at MacDonald for his totally unnecessary passback to Roos.  It should be obvious to all of them that there’s too much risk of some mistake or other being made if we invite the opposition to pressurise us anywhere near our own goal.

Safety first policy has to be adopted. MacDonald should have played it forward…..even an aimless/hopeful lump down the channel would have been preferable. The opposition ain’t gonna score from deep in their own half.  

2 minutes ago, redone said:

I was raging at MacDonald for his totally unnecessary passback to Roos.  It should be obvious to all of them that there’s too much risk of some mistake or other being made if we invite the opposition to pressurise us anywhere near our own goal.

Safety first policy has to be adopted. MacDonald should have played it forward…..even an aimless/hopeful lump down the channel would have been preferable. The opposition ain’t gonna score from deep in their own half.  

Every time I see our goalie and defence trying to play out short from the back it winds me up. They are fucking hopeless at it and 9 times out of 10 it ends up with us getting into bother. 

We're better just kicking it long from our goalkeeper and trying to win the ball in the opposition half which was pretty much Phillips' sole job yesterday. 

To be fair to the kid he unselfishly stuck to his task and ran himself into the ground, good attitude from a loan player tbh compared to others we've had. 

29 minutes ago, redone said:

Why should a defender not have confidence to play the ball back to his keeper. ?Roos cannot kick a ball short or long. Fact is he is not up to the standard required. Drop him for the rest of the season. At the end of the season show him the door and send Samson out of the club at the same time.

Watched their warm up yesterday it was laughable. Samson often failed to play the ball to Roos and Roos often missed his intended target by a distance. Embarrassing.

51 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Arse fell out of the team the second he parried the ball to Main in the second minute.  All preparation, geeing up and coaching post Killie gone from that point onwards.

Fair point min. 

That was unforgivable and created uncertainty yet again within the outfield players at such an early stage.

He played OK afterwards but it was saves he should be making anyway. He is absolutely hopeless at attempting to save penalties. 

It definitely wasn't a penalty :suicide:, however his attempts at saving them are woeful.

Ross Doohan must be utterly shite and/or was brought in as the second goalkeeper on a very comparatively low wage (a bit like Bertrand Bossu). In other words, to simply fill a perceived gap in our squad. 

He was still struggling to catch the ball against Dundee. A few shots he was fumbling about, parrying it then trying to catch it at the second attempt. Utterly useless. Looks like the kind of idiot who spends more time in front of the mirror than he does practicing football.

12 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

He was still struggling to catch the ball against Dundee. A few shots he was fumbling about, parrying it then trying to catch it at the second attempt. Utterly useless. Looks like the kind of idiot who spends more time in front of the mirror than he does practicing football.

They are not coached to catch the ball now, 

Roos is one of those keepers who is reactionary and that is why he sometimes looks like a traffic cone. Gordon is prime example of an anticipating keeper who spreads his body and makes many crucial saves. Also, Roos' preference to punch and parry rather than catch shows a week will.