Kelle Roos

On 3/15/2024 at 10:02 AM, McginnAgain said:

Being charitable, am I right in saying his form dipped after his wife had a bairn?

His partner hasn't had the bairn yet. Due in April per article announcing she was having to stop playing for the Women's team

On 3/15/2024 at 10:00 AM, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Stavrum (for the offsides) and possibly more controversially thought  Winters was a right lazy shit.

At the time I thought he was chicken.  Decent enough player though, but he could’ve been outstanding if he’d a bit more desire.

2 hours ago, RDS said:

His partner hasn't had the bairn yet. Due in April per article announcing she was having to stop playing for the Women's team

That will be their second child as they already have a daughter born here. The reason I know that is he chose 24 for his shirt as she was born on the 24th of a month. 

27 minutes ago, Reykjavik 1967 said:

That will be their second child as they already have a daughter born here. The reason I know that is he chose 24 for his shirt as she was born on the 24th of a month. 

It's a boy they have already called Romeo born December 2021 when he was at Derby. You got the 24 bit right

2 hours ago, thurso said:

His form dipped as soon as he signed for us. 

That’s just BS because he was a fantastic keeper last season but has been a completely different keeper this season. 

all our embarrassing results last season were with the other keepers but Roos stats were that of best in the league 🤷

But you are definitely ignorant to that. 

There’s no defending him this season but last season he was class

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That’s just BS because he was a fantastic keeper last season but has been a completely different keeper this season. 

all our embarrassing results last season were with the other keepers but Roos stats were that of best in the league 🤷

He was not fantastic last season, he had a good two month period. He was woeful at coming for crosses and commanding his area.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

He was not fantastic last season, he had a good two month period. He was woeful at coming for crosses and commanding his area.

Crosses was definitely the weakest area of his game but he didn’t just have ‘a good two month period’ that’s just shite as well. 

Amazing how folk just make shit up n run with it. I have done same numerous times but just as wind ups. So I have an eye 👁️ for it 😉

Roos was fantastic last season. We got beasted when he was missing.

I definitely had my doubts & was even a bit sceptical of him at first because he was weak coming for crosses but he more than made up for that with rest of his game in no time at all.

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Crosses was definitely the weakest area of his game but he didn’t just have ‘a good two month period’ that’s just shite as well. 

Amazing how folk just make shit up n run with it. I have done same numerous times but just as wind ups. So I have an eye 👁️ for it 😉

Roos was fantastic last season. We got beasted when he was missing.

I definitely had my doubts & was even a bit sceptical of him at first because he was weak coming for crosses but he more than made up for that with rest of his game in no time at all.

Before his injury he was as poor as he is now and cost us a good few goals after it when he came back he was like a different keeper.
I had hoped this season he was like that again but sadly he reverted back to his pre injury form. 

• Upvote 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 2:31 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

Best keeper in the league

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Best keeper in the league

Last season he was 🤷 clearly he’s been shite this season. 
Which part of that do you wish to debate? As the stats back it up. 

Like your wife. I’m sure that whilst you were dating she must have been a decent shag. Maybe even the best (in your league) but things change.

I am sorry, he is a God dam awful keeper. He was shocking the first half of last season. He came back after injury and had a nice period where pollock, macdonald and scales did wonders also. And he has been fuck awful this season. 

For success you cannot have a keeper that is inconsistent like that. In fact he is worse than inconsistent, he's a fucking liability and as far as I can see, commands fuck all in that penalty area. 

I honestly can't wait to see him go. It worries me that he might have a slight chance in staying. 

• Upvote 3
53 minutes ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

I am sorry, he is a God dam awful keeper. He was shocking the first half of last season. He came back after injury and had a nice period where pollock, macdonald and scales did wonders also. And he has been fuck awful this season. 

For success you cannot have a keeper that is inconsistent like that. In fact he is worse than inconsistent, he's a fucking liability and as far as I can see, commands fuck all in that penalty area. 

I honestly can't wait to see him go. It worries me that he might have a slight chance in staying. 

The Derby fans did warn us. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

He’s not inconsistent, he’s consistently shite but had a purple patch last year after coming back from injury.
If he gets a new contract questions have to be asked about who thought he’s of the required standard to be first choice at Aberdeen*

* I fully expect him to be a free agent come the first of June with no one interested in him as a first choice goalkeeper 

Has to be top priority for next season.   Get two keepers significantly better than Roos, who isn’t even good enough to be second choice.

One of the main reasons Hearts are best of the rest this season is that they’ve got two very good keepers.   They manage to steal a lot of points in games where they’ve been battered because their keeper’s kept them in the game. 

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Personally I’d prefer a permanent peak-Lewis obvs, but even there we saw, eventually, why we got him.

Excellent while it lasted though!

Not sure what he was like before us (must've been decent to make an England squad), but we did get 3 or 4 very good years out of him. It just looked like age caught up with him.

He genuinely was the best keeper in the league by a country mile.