Kelle Roos

23 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Completely disagree, I think he comes across as quite an arrogant player that has too much confidence in his very small amount of ability.

If you are slagging off our defence then this guy is the worst member of our defence.

He’s been the biggest culprit in defence for me this season. Doesn’t command his box or help organise the defence, his distribution is terrible and when he does make a save it’s often just parried straight out into the danger zone. Then there’s his attitude - the needless drama before Duncan’s pen in the semi final clearly goes to show he thinks he’s better than he is and even worse thinks he’s more important than his team mates.

He can fuck right off after this season. Preferably before

• Upvote 2

Its was on one of the ABZ Podcasts where they were talking about him and what they said was he signed for us but wanted to stay down in England, and there was a club came in form him at the last minute but he was too far down the road with us to back out!

This guy just does not instill confidence in the back four and I'd rather we let him go. A good keeper can make or break a team; think of Ebbe's 2nd season when we had Peter Kjer and we had a far more confident defence, same when we got Joe Lewis compared to the shite that was before him!

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Iraq_Red said:

Its was on one of the ABZ Podcasts where they were talking about him and what they said was he signed for us but wanted to stay down in England, and there was a club came in form him at the last minute but he was too far down the road with us to back out!

This guy just does not instill confidence in the back four and I'd rather we let him go. A good keeper can make or break a team; think of Ebbe's 2nd season when we had Peter Kjer and we had a far more confident defence, same when we got Joe Lewis compared to the shite that was before him!

I liked Peter Kjaer.  Those throw outs were further, faster, and more accurate than most other goalies kickouts

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Irrelevant.  You want a keeper you can trust and when called upon, doesn't throw the team under the bus.  Doesn't matter if you've got Miller & McLeish at the back or Gallagher and bates, you need someone behind them to make the saves when required, more so when the defence is shit. 

The only thing that's exposed is his lack of ability. 

Of course it’s relevant. If he faces half the shots he usually does he’s got half the chance of making mistakes 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

I don't think it's irrelevant. The back three of the tail end of last season aggressively defended their box; prevented alot of shots.  This season, up to Leven's appointment, we've seen defending as deep as the Mariana Trench and inviting pressure. Yes the goalkeeper still has to show ability of course, but the level of concentration required to defend as deep as this is incredibly intense. Maybe that's the issue with Roos, just speculating.  I personally don't think he's good enough to be our number one but I also think we need to think about how our team has been set up to play when analysing some of his performances, especially the old-fashioned bread & butter attrubutes like handling, shot-stopping, crosses.  Bear in mind Goodwin signed him partially because he wanted to play a high line and have a goalie comfortable with his feet.

Its the basic stuff that's the problem. Dropping balls into dangerous positions, parrying balls into dangerous positions, coming for crosses, the lack of effort at penalties...he's just not good enough.  

15 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Of course it’s relevant. If he faces half the shots he usually does he’s got half the chance of making mistakes 🤷🏻‍♂️

Quite possibly the worst take I've seen from someone defending a footballer.

"Its ok for them to be really shit, as long as the other players cover for him so he can't make mistakes" 

We might as well bin him, free up the wages and stick Doohan in goals and keep an U18 on the bench as cover, if that's the road we want to go down.

On 4/25/2024 at 7:35 AM, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Completely disagree, I think he comes across as quite an arrogant player that has too much confidence in his very small amount of ability.

If you are slagging off our defence then this guy is the worst member of our defence.

Aye, we know he's Dutch 

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I liked Peter Kjaer.  Those throw outs were further, faster, and more accurate than most other goalies kickouts

Peter kjer was a coward he once pretended to be injured to get subbed in a  league cup game against Livingston at pittodrie Dons were 4 -0 down at the time eventually got beat 6-1.He said years later it was to protect his reputation. CUNT.

4 minutes ago, Beechender said:

Peter kjer was a coward he once pretended to be injured to get subbed in a  league cup game against Livingston at pittodrie Dons were 4 -0 down at the time eventually got beat 6-1.He said years later it was to protect his reputation. CUNT.

To be fair, that was only one game.  We've had some goalies who've played their whole Dons career like they only had one arm.

15 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Quite possibly the worst take I've seen from someone defending a footballer.

"Its ok for them to be really shit, as long as the other players cover for him so he can't make mistakes" 

We might as well bin him, free up the wages and stick Doohan in goals and keep an U18 on the bench as cover, if that's the road we want to go down.

Thats not what I said at all but nice try. 

2 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

As you will see from my past posts I didn’t rate Roos from the get go. I agree, he’s not the future but give him some slack his performances of late have been adequate all you can expect from a keeper who will be leaving us shortly.

Aye, love it when for the first time in years we go toe to toe with the tims and our  goalkeeper saves 0 pens and is "injured" before our loon steps up. Ace. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Aye, love it when for the first time in years we go toe to toe with the tims and our  goalkeeper saves 0 pens and is "injured" before our loon steps up. Ace. 

Couple of very strange parries that could easily have led to a goal. Including a scooped cross that even Michael Stewart was in disbelief he didn't catch.

His record at penalties must be up there with the worst ever.

Can't wait for this guy to leave.

• Upvote 1