Time up for Goodwin?

Jim Goodwin  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Should Goodwin be binned?

30 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

As much as I want Goodwin gone, those cunts on the park should be fucking ashamed of themselves but they won't be. No heart, dig or pride,no cunt rampaging around demanding cunts get their fingers out, nobody  taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Absolute shitebags. 

When Stewart went to take that throw in and no-one was bothering their arse whilst 1-0 to Darvel the correct thing to do would be to go absolutely apeshit.

Instead he looked petrified and gave up the ball so he could go back and hide.

The decision to make Stewart captain is symptomatic of the absolute lack of any intelligence or ability by the decision makers at the club. One of the worst decisions we'll see this decade. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Bit of a weird poll though. 

Knutsen, Ross, Goodwin, Lennon and Hartley 

Those who realised we weren't getting Knutsen were probably faced with a realistic choice of Goodwin or Ross. 

Ross had already been exposed so you can see why they plumped for Goodwin.  

There was an option of other, nobody was forced to vote for Goodwin. Just accept some people thought he was best man for the job.

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, Dandie1992 said:

When Stewart went to take that throw in and no-one was bothering their arse whilst 1-0 to Darvel would be to go absolutely apeshit.

The decision to make Stewart captain is symptomatic of the absolute lack of any intelligence or ability by the decision makers at the club. One of the worst decisions we'll see this decade. 

Absolutely incredible 

4 minutes ago, Dandie1992 said:

When Stewart went to take that throw in and no-one was bothering their arse whilst 1-0 to Darvel would be to go absolutely apeshit.

Stewart being signed

Stewart made captain

Morris

Roberts

Richardson 

Reasons alone to get "gunner" and whoever else involved away immediately

Stewart is prob on 4 - 5k a week and we paid fees for the other 3

Keep the euro scouts and bin absolutely everyone else from the footballing operation 

Ok, definitely going to bed now 

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Where was I wrong about him? Did I say he was the right man? A great manager? 

I didn’t want him sacked a month into the season.

I also didn’t say you hope he fails. I said Zero did. I literally replied to him ffs. 

Can you point to a post where I said I hoped he failed? I knew all along he wasn’t up to the job, I wanted more than anything to be wrong though. 

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

There was an option of other, nobody was forced to vote for Goodwin. Just accept some people thought he was best man for the job.

It's still a bit of a weird poll. 

Bit like asking who you'd like to babysit your children 

Myra Hindley 

Rolf Harris 

Jimmy Saville 

Or someone that doesn't have a criminal record yet 

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Stewart being signed

Stewart made captain

Morris

Roberts

Richardson 

Keep the euro scouts and bin absolutely everyone else from the footballing operation 

Yep the English scouts have been fucking dreadful. 

6 minutes ago, Dandie1992 said:

When Stewart went to take that throw in and no-one was bothering their arse whilst 1-0 to Darvel the correct thing to do would be to go absolutely apeshit.

Trivial matter but on that subject, our throw ins have been a source of disgrace for years, we almost always just throw it right back to the opposition. 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Stewart being signed

Stewart made captain

Morris

Roberts

Richardson 

Keep whoever thought besuijen was worth £400,000?

"We'll speak to who we need to speak to tomorrow and have a meeting with the players and we will try and come out fighting for Easter Road.”

Fucking hell he can't even promise we'll come out fighting against Hibs.  Fucking caveat it with we'll try. 

No Jim you come out fighting as a fucking minimum, no ifs or buts and try to win the game.   

Unless of course you've lost the dressing room, in which case you would have to try and get them to come out fighting. 

But its all a moot a point as Jim won't be here for the Hibs game

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Can you point to a post where I said I hoped he failed? I knew all along he wasn’t up to the job, I wanted more than anything to be wrong though. 

No, it’s my opinion from your posts that you were desperate for him to fail so you could come on here and tell us how you were right. 

See Miovski/Ramirez situation also. 

“Wanted more than anything to be wrong” yet was on here right after a defeat to tell everyone how you’re right. Seriously, it’s laughable now 😂

Anyway, move on. He will be gone tomorrow so that’ll be this put to bed. Whoever the next manager is will need to be given more time regardless of results however as it’s becoming increasingly obvious the manager isn’t the main issue. 

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

"We'll speak to who we need to speak to tomorrow and have a meeting with the players and we will try and come out fighting for Easter Road.”

Fucking hell he can't even promise we'll come out fighting against Hibs.  Fucking caveat it with we'll try. 

No Jim you come out fighting as a fucking minimum, no ifs or buts and try to win the game.   

Unless of course you've lost the dressing room, in which case you would have to try and get them to come out fighting. 

But its all a moot a point as Jim won't be here for the Hibs game

It’s a mindset thing. Through the whole team. 

16 minutes ago, Dandie1992 said:

The sight of him silently wondering why no one was moving for that throw in must rank amongst the most un dons captain-like images ever.

6 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

To be honest if Goodwin had any decency or class about him he’d quit and refuse the payout or give it to a charity! He’s been disgraceful as manager. But guaranteed we sack him tomorrow and he’s got a new gig by half term holidays 

hmmm not convinced he'll have anything before summer. Indeed if we pay him off it might state he can't take another job for a set length of time in Scotland as part of the terms.

But if/when he does, it'll be back to the same level (or lower) as when he started out at Alloa. Or maybe he'll head home to Norn Irn.  He'll be toxic even to Championship clubs for the foreseeable future

7 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

To be honest if Goodwin had any decency or class about him he’d quit and refuse the payout or give it to a charity! He’s been disgraceful as manager. But guaranteed we sack him tomorrow and he’s got a new gig by half term holidays 

Not sure how he's ever going to get another job in Scottish football after the total shambles he's been at Aberdeen. He'll have to go and manage in Ireland or something next.

Will always be known as the manager who parked the bus on the 6 yard line v celtic, allowed Sevco to run riot against us in first game finishing 4-1 going on 10-1, lost 2 goals in injury time to them in next game, and threw away semi final against them due to the ridiculous moron he signed and made captain, plus a pasting from Dundee Utd, needing extra time v Annan, pumped from Hibs, pumped from St Mirren, one of worst performances ever v Kilmarnock, an absolute tanking v Hearts, and the clubs worst ever result against a junior team in the cup. Hardly winning a single match away from home in almost a year, alienating a heap of players as soon as he arrived, failing to get the usual "new manager bounce" when he joined, throwing players under the bus who didn't deserve to be singled out at times whilst continuing to pick absolute trash who were playing diabolically week in week out.

The list of his crimes against football is endless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7