Happiness

manboobs109

As it stands - Dad is fucking delighted 👍 

Was proper down in the dumps for a while sure... Has contributed a shit ton to my appreciation and respect for being happy. 

Akin to a cunt who's survived on oatcakes for a few year, then starts on snickers bars .. the eyes get wide, the exclamations get loud , the nipples get erect - simple pleasures 😎 

Mon the fucking Dons 😭🙌😭

• Haha 2
Just now, Dad said:

As it stands - Dad is fucking delighted 👍 

Was proper down in the dumps for a while sure... Has contributed a shit ton to my appreciation and respect for being happy. 

Akin to a cunt who's survived on oatcakes for a few year, then starts on snickers bars .. the eyes get wide, the exclamations get loud , the nipples get erect - simple pleasures 😎 

Mon the fucking Dons 😭🙌😭

Appreciating the simple things Dad, I think that's the key. 

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Genuine question.. are you happy? What makes you happy? Is it possible to be happy all the time?

Very rare that I find myself anything less than cheery as fuck 

I think people are predisposed towards particular states of mind, though. Some people could have everything they want or need and still never be genuinely happy. Others can have next to nothing and be upbeat as fuck. 

Here's a pro tip... You can tell the miserable people within minutes of interacting with them.  Cut them out of your life as soon as you can. And be ruthless about doing so. They thrive on misery, and moreso when they believe their misery is making you miserable. 

This is a maxim I live by.  You should too :thumbup1:

spacer.png

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Genuine question.. are you happy? What makes you happy? Is it possible to be happy all the time?

1. Yes. I'm very fortunate. I live a simple life within my means. Try and keep life worries to a minimum but it's hard to truly be "stress free" particularly with the cost of everything right now.

2. The Dandies winning. A doobie in my garden with a cup of tea. Drinking too much booze makes you happy at the time but results in unhappiness and the fear in the days after. Everything in moderation.

3. No. Anyone who claims to be is a liar.

7 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Good thread, Moobs. Nice to see you looking out for your fellow poster’s well-being.

Happy enough and generally relaxed. Nothing much to stress about, having things to look forward to helps to keep me ticking over.

Only simpletons can be happy all the time.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ramandu said:

More or less. 

I'm a lucky man.

Same.

I am in a great place in life at the mo.

I could do with working less-60hr a week contract, but the money is cracking.

Have it in my head to do these hours/earn this money until I’m 55, then slow the fuck down and enjoy it more.

In any case I can retire and young bird can keep on working.

Unless that lottery win happens.

I am a cheery cunt tho generally speaking.You dinna see me angry/pissed off/frustrated very often at all.

If you and your family are healthy, you can pay your bills, and have enough left over to enjoy yourself, then all is good.

7 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I think people are predisposed towards particular states of mind, though. 

spacer.png

Agree 100%. For most people I’d suggest resilience, tolerance and coping mechanisms all contribute to achieving whatever happiness is to you. You can control it and achieve it, be it for a moment or a prolonged time. Some people are just wired up to fail though. Can’t help em, waste of time trying.

I am content and lucky enough to have  an easy life, free from any stress. The only hours I’m not getting to satisfy myself are the few I spend at work but even then I work less+ less hard than I ever did in the uk. 

having said that, I was equally as happy getting fucked up for days on end aswell. Life wasn’t as easy. But it was bloody good. I’ll inevitably return to it one day. 

Things that are very enjoyable - listening to your own music loud whilst cooking + drinking 

The first blast of hullaballoo when out with the crew

getting your face pissed on (by a wummin) 

saw this the other and it was a bit annoying (sorry for tiktok link, had to google for the video, no paedo).

this chocolate from Idles used to enjoy the sesh then became one of those preachy preachy fuckers who thinks everyone that gets on it is on the run from something. Everyone that likes getting fucked up is really just sad and lonely and needs a hug. 

I’d argue those people are blessed to entirely comfortable with themselves to get fucked up on a random day, enjoying good times with their mates. That sort of holier than thou attitude is a bluff. You wish you were still at the crease son. 

11 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I'm generally happy when things are going well.

Under stress I tend to cope and still be happy.

When things go tits up, and invariably due to others, I can be a right grumpy git.

I'm way more happier than grumpy though.

Alright, I'll buck the trend from all you happy clappers!

Generally no. Struggled with mental health for about 20 years off and on. Off the meds at the moment and generally better for it, but there are definitely times where I need to be on them for my own good 

In an ok place just now, but in a stressful job and work long hours. Also suffer from insomnia so can often go days trying to function off the back of an hour or two of sleep.

Like others have said watching the dons, listening to tunes, a few beers all help. The wee man is now at an age where I enjoy his company too so taking him out and about isnt as much of a ball ache as it used to be!

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, JakieBastard said:

Alright, I'll buck the trend from all you happy clappers!

Generally no. Struggled with mental health for about 20 years off and on. Off the meds at the moment and generally better for it, but there are definitely times where I need to be on them for my own good 

In an ok place just now, but in a stressful job and work long hours. Also suffer from insomnia so can often go days trying to function off the back of an hour or two of sleep.

Like others have said watching the dons, listening to tunes, a few beers all help. The wee man is now at an age where I enjoy his company too so taking him out and about isnt as much of a ball ache as it used to be!

Sorry to hear that min, I’ve never had to suffer that but I know a lot of folk who have. Nae great. Glad you are in a better place just now.