Next Manager

On 1/5/2024 at 11:20 AM, Studebaker-90 said:

Missed a trick there. Should have been on the blower to him as soon as Sunderland got rid. You trying to tell me he’d rather manage in the bloody championship rather than come up here and potentially get a team in to Europe? Nae having it. 

Aye, potentially getting a team into Europe sounds like an amazing pull, wonder why decided to go to a much higher paid job chasing promotion to the biggest league in England instead 

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Aye, potentially getting a team into Europe sounds like an amazing pull, wonder why decided to go to a much higher paid job chasing promotion to the biggest league in England instead 

Must have missed us offering him the job

• Haha 1
On 1/6/2024 at 10:09 AM, redone said:

Luton , Bournemouth, Wigan, Watford, Wigan, Huddersfield, Blackpool 

On 1/6/2024 at 11:18 AM, Sooper-hanz said:

Holy fuck. I’ve been to them all except Huddersfield. Real dives. 

Anybody done Carlisle? Having to move there next month for work reasons but don't know fuck all about the place, never been.

8 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Anybody done Carlisle? Having to move there next month for work reasons but don't know fuck all about the place, never been.

I once got stuck at Carlisle train station for a few hours, and all I remember is that it was really really cold. Might have warmed up since then though.

Hope that's helpful.

8 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

I grew up near Dumfries and would take the train down to Carlisle for a night out / gig in the big city from time to time. It was a shithole then (late 80s) and if Dumfries now is anything to go by, its probably went down hill since. Nowhere near as bad as Luton though. 

9 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Do you remember the show "Booze Britain" ?

The weekends are a riot (almost a double of Newcastle at the weekend), a great place for a weekend with your pals on the lash !!!

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, wicker83 said:

Well that sounds like an extremely sensible life decision

Well am 60 so I figure another 5 years and am done anyhow. Can't be arsed with change at this point, auld dog, new tricks type of thing.

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

I once got stuck at Carlisle train station for a few hours, and all I remember is that it was really really cold. Might have warmed up since then though.

Hope that's helpful.

Comparing to current location Bellshill they apparently are on average daily 0.6C higher than here. 

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If you need to go for work reasons I'd probably be looking at changing where I work.

Carlisle is a dive. 

After some googling I'm veering towards a bit of village life and base myself somewhere on the outskirts of the place.

20 minutes ago, GlezgaRed said:

Do you remember the show "Booze Britain" ?

The weekends are a riot (almost a double of Newcastle at the weekend), a great place for a weekend with your pals on the lash !!!

Too auld to get involved in shenanigans but might have a look to have a laugh at the local wildlife.

2 hours ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

And his wages would bankrupt us.

Managers like Jose and Pep would surely take a massive paycut to come and manage the dons just to prove they're in the same league as Fergie. Until either of them lead the dons to a European trophy then they can't be mentioned in the same breath as the great one.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Managers like Jose and Pep would surely take a massive paycut to come and manage the dons just to prove they're in the same league as Fergie. Until either of them lead the dons to a European trophy then they can't be mentioned in the same breath as the great one.

I’d say his Porto success in Europe was comparable 

• Haha 1