Next Manager

6 minutes ago, Adogcalledspot said:

Think everyone agrees that SG is not a proper DOF.

The feedback from those in the club seems to be, he’s a good lad a hard worker and has worked his way into that position by being in general DC puppet.

I think we’re also in agreement that it’s of the utmost importance that he’s removed from his current role ,he has no further involvement whatsoever in the process of the footballing side of the operation.
It looks like they don’t want to get rid , so they just need to give him a position like Ian Taggert had back in the day “ Club Secretary “. Ok the modern equivalent.. But absolutely nothing to do with choosing, arbitration or overall overseeing of any footballers , managers or DOF. 

perhaps the people that have been brought in to do a full root analysis of the situation will come to a similar conclusion.. 

Absolutely spot on. And I hope you are right.

41 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Don't think the club will part ways, but got a feeling Gunn will be moved into a different position in due course.

Firing him aff the roof would be my preferred solution. 

15 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

See they approached Scott Parker with a view to taking over in the summer but he said no wants to manage in England, but I think shows Cormack wants a 'name' this time, though I'm not sure I'd want Scott Parker tbh. 

Wouldn’t have been a direct approach. Agents will have been asked to identify candidates.

SP’s agent asked if he fancies throwing his hat in the ring and he said no. I’m happy enough with that because he looks really annoying.

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

Wouldn’t have been a direct approach. Agents will have been asked to identify candidates.

SP’s agent asked if he fancies throwing his hat in the ring and he said no. I’m happy enough with that because he looks really annoying.

He’s smarmy and would definitely look down on Scottish football. He’s no loss anyway, he’s been a failure everywhere he’s managed 

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

See they approached Scott Parker with a view to taking over in the summer but he said no wants to manage in England, but I think shows Cormack wants a 'name' this time, though I'm not sure I'd want Scott Parker tbh. 

Did they?

I read what he said yesterday and it looked to me like he was offered the job after Goodwin left, not for this current vacancy

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Can't be appointing someone on name only.

Just look at Birmingham this season. Binned Mowbray who was doing a good job to appoint Wayne Rooney. Then plummeted down the league and binned him after a few months.

Mowbray replaced Rooney, it was Eustace they binned to appoint Rooney. But yes, Rooney was a fucking disaster for the roughly 12 weeks he was manager for

Aye Eustace at Birmingham. It was Sunderland who binned Mowbray wasn't it? To replace him with the Mole Beale lol. Another one not working out very well.

Warnock has made a name for himself as a manager, not a player. He's been on the go for 40+ years and has had plenty of success stories over that time, so there's clearly something about him. There's a big difference between that and someone like a Rooney, Scott Parker etc who have achieved nothing but failures as a manager despite a good playing career.

36 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Can't be appointing someone on name only.

Just look at Birmingham this season. Binned Mowbray who was doing a good job to appoint Wayne Rooney. Then plummeted down the league and binned him after a few months.

I think Dave wants a name with a proven record but to get that you have to spend the cash, certainly putting a team together though, the new Head of Recruitment has an eye for a player, and the analyst have a very good reputation, slowing getting the right people in now.

Proven manager and a new DOF and we might actually get somewhere here, I think Burrows has had alot to do with getting these guys here, including Warnock.

Could be interesting if we qualify for Europe and/or win the cup, and qualify that way.

Auld Neil may want a stab at European Competition?

To be honest, if that happened and he didn't want to remain manager, I would offer him a role on the board at the end of the season.

If not DOF certainly a position where his infectious experience could certainly benefit us more than hold us back.

He could do more as a part-time FMB than the current dozy formation. 

Finally credit where credit is due. At least Burrows has been tracking Warnock for some time, which is worth acknowledging in a positive way.

14 hours ago, Adogcalledspot said:

The feedback from those in the club seems to be, he’s a good lad a hard worker and has worked his way into that position by being in general DC puppet.

I think we’re also in agreement that it’s of the utmost importance that he’s removed from his current role ,he has no further involvement whatsoever in the process of the footballing side of the operation.
It looks like they don’t want to get rid , so they just need to give him a position like Ian Taggert had back in the day “ Club Secretary “. Ok the modern equivalent.. But absolutely nothing to do with choosing, arbitration or overall overseeing of any footballers , managers or DOF. 

perhaps the people that have been brought in to do a full root analysis of the situation will come to a similar conclusion.. 

'Dave, there's been another murder'

'Aye, your signings Steve'

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Did they?

I read what he said yesterday and it looked to me like he was offered the job after Goodwin left, not for this current vacancy

Yeah I just double checked the article I read, think it was the Scotsman but it's certainly in the Edinburgh evening news, 

14 hours ago, Adogcalledspot said:

Who in the club said that?

13 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Who in the club said that?

Several ( no names here ) let’s just say that having been a corporate box occupier for several years, you often get ambassador visitors from the club coming in and around all the time.the more times they see a recognised face the more they relax and say things   Off the record of course.

8 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Id heard that about Gunnar too well liked on the club but no more than a lap dog,  that's from two relatives employed by AFC 

I hate judging a book by it's cover, but if Gunn were a book the title on the cover would be 'Mongs and the Shit Mongs Do'. 

"Le-toit! Virez-le!" as the French say on Google translate. 

4 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Haha yep, this

He should be handsome, but he isn't

Constantly looks confused 

• Haha 3