Next Manager

Just now, Dunty said:

Because Stubbs, Davidson and Hughes are all terrible managers, mate.

Was an easy quiz.

So? Terrible managers who would be our most successful manager in the past 30 years.  

Like I say, sack the cunts later. 

It's an entirely fictitious scenario, but I was referencing the idea that Cormack wanted to take in Lennon short term but they couldn't agree because Cormack wouldn't agree to give him the job if he won the Scottish Cup.  Absolutely ridiculous notion. If you've got to the point where you are happy to appoint someone like Lennon on a short term basis (note: I'm not saying I am), then why on Earth would you stumble over a scenario that involves you having to extend his deal if he wins the scottish cup.

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Good question.

It’s easy to say who you wouldn’t want.  
Lennon, Robinson etc.

I think we should look to Scandinavia & one of their better managers. 
Knutsen is out of our bracket now.

But one of their better managers.

Thelin at Elfsborg maybe?   
Moe at Molde?

That kind of person. 

Why?

Not everyone is going to get the manager they want. It's highly likely that we'll actually get someone we aren't particularly impressed by, at least at the point of appointment anyway. Weren't too many that were over the moon when McInnes initially got the job. 

It's fine to be critical but some are surely beyond the point that they derive any pleasure from supporting Aberdeen, you've got to wonder whether it's worth them carrying on when it affects them so badly. 

18 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Good question.

It’s easy to say who you wouldn’t want.  
Lennon, Robinson etc.

I think we should look to Scandinavia & one of their better managers. 
Knutsen is out of our bracket now.

But one of their better managers.

Thelin at Elfsborg maybe?   
Moe at Molde?

That kind of person. 

Yeah, kinda along the same lines as me.

The issue is though, managers never get TIME nowadays. Nothwithstanding Glass, Goodwin and Robson were clearly and obviously the wrong choices, evident very early on in their tenures, I like my sides built up slowly and gradually over time but the problem here is, if your mid table in season 1, your also in a relegation fight and then everyone gets edgy and panics.

If it’s a foreign guy, he needs to be given that 3 yr plan to get his ideas across which hopefully leads to eventual success.

3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

So? Terrible managers who would be our most successful manager in the past 30 years.  
Like I say, sack the cunts later. 

Have any of them won the Scottish Cup a second time?

Exactly. Sit down and eat your crisps.

It's an entirely fictitious scenario, but I was referencing the idea that Cormack wanted to take in Lennon short term but they couldn't agree because Cormack wouldn't agree to give him the job if he won the Scottish Cup. 

Which was completely made up. He turned it down because he was waiting for the Rep of Ireland job.

Absolutely ridiculous notion. If you've got to the point where you are happy to appoint someone like Lennon on a short term basis (note: I'm not saying I am), then why on Earth would you stumble over a scenario that involves you having to extend his deal if he wins the scottish cup.

Well it didn't happen, and even if it did, your theory is still flawed, because a terrible manager would be terrible for Aberdeen.

If it is Lennon it's absolutely bizarre. Been out of work since this whole shit started. 

I don't care if it is him, but it's terrible PR and optics. Half the support will never take to him. 

Fuck knows what's going on.