Next Manager

8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Hmm

It should

But no I don't think it does 

I'm not sure it excites me either but timing might tie in that he joins us after Finland can't qualify for Euro 24. But if they do it might throw a spanner in the works.

I have no ITK connections so all speculation from me.

6 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Nah it's from Steve Tosh, just noticed that it hadn't been posted. 

Who has also said the name he’s been given is British with good standing. ‘Ticks all the boxes’ whatever boxes Tosh has. 

16 minutes ago, virtualmontana said:

As much as Michelle Stewpot is odious he did make 2 salient points today on the wireless;

1 Warnock appointment was introduced as until the end of the season ( even where interim appt.) Perhaps the results did for him, but if as has been said Warnock initiated the exit today Win or Lose. Then this blows up the 'end of season' care taker come what may argument.

2 The consultation review from the 'consultants' - made mention of this being incomplete, this included the new structure, managerial appointment process etc. Therefore, NW departure forces that time-line,and, at the very least sabotages that technical approach. WM has been highly critical of this consultancy effort. 

Both these points are pretty valid IMO - 'unless' - new manager is in flight, at 90% completion, and was borne from consultancy, or this work still serves to restructure the football model at the club.

I think as of now with Cormack approaching his 5th appointment it truly is make or break, the goodwill in the support is ebbing sorely, we have witnessed intransigience at best, or lack of ruthless mentality which saw us stutter too long across Glass, Goodwin and Robson tenures - leaving the squad exposed via poor timing.

I genuinely hope the club pull a winner out of the hat here ( no pun intended), I don't know who we need right now and cannot think of any single manager who would please everyone. Lennon - No, Robinson - No, Maloney - No, Hughes - No, Neilson - No. Neil - maybe / No. Scandi - potentially.

Literally the only option left possibly is locking Steve Clarke in the bootroom at Pittodrie and not letting him out until he names his price.

Would want add that I don't even like that prospect - miserable as f that guy !

See your 1st point? Wasn’t Warnock’s appointment announced as till end of the season but with the proviso that he’d step aside once the new manager was appointed (if earlier) when the review was complete? I’m not sure I’m understanding why Michael Stewart was getting his saltire in a knot about that element.

Steve Clarke can be as miserable he likes, but he can certainly get a tune out of an underperforming squad of players and with a bit of cash behind him, would have us back to where we think we belong 

5 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

That lad who was the ex Brighton and Chelsea manager would be nice, completely unreachable but would be superb, as would our Current Scotland manager, an one can but dream…

Graham Potter is one of the names being linked to the Man United job should Ratcliffe and INEOS punt Erik Ten Hag, think you need to temper your expectations ever so slightly....

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Steve Clarke can be as miserable he likes, but he can certainly get a tune out of an underperforming squad of players and with a bit of cash behind him, would have us back to where we think we belong 

You too

Blocked

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
Just now, VinegarStrokes said:

Graham Potter is one of the names being linked to the Man United job should Ratcliffe and INEOS punt Erik Ten Hag, think you need to temper your expectations ever so slightly....

They can come get him once he's done the business for us

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He's not currently in a job though 

Thought he was part of Finnish national set up and is this currently in a job theory only down to Steve Tosh on X

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Top 6 isn't out of the equation if we get a right good guy in early next week

What is it, 7 points with 5 games to play? New man would really have to hit the ground running and get some results to go their way. 

Certainly an optimistic way of looking at it. Going to be awkward when Cormack pisses about with this next appointment and crushes that optimism.

20 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

That lad who was the ex Brighton and Chelsea manager would be nice, completely unreachable but would be superb, as would our Current Scotland manager, an one can but dream…

his assistant Brian Rice is the shout

🤣

5 minutes ago, buchanskii said:

It's Steve Clarke. 

He's getting free reign to restructure the club 

I wish it was, but you know what, if he was given an absolute free reign say a budget pot of £10m and promises of more, what an amazing personal challenge for him.  Go break the old form duopoly and you will be backed, great professional challenge. 

Just now, Chester Don said:

I wish it was, but you know what, if he was given an absolute free reign say a budget pot of £10m and promises of more, what an amazing personal challenge for him.  Go break the old form duopoly and you will be backed, great professional challenge. 

It's one he'd certainly consider for a minute or two

11 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

He's got a great professional challenge of being the first Scotland manager to get past the tournament group stages, not a hope he's walking away from that.

Did you seriously warrant it a post worthy of replying to?

Be careful with your answer,  as I'm on a long overdue cull tonight 

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 2
51 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Deary me...

38 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Regarding Michael O’Neil, is it the case he had a purple patch in his first stint as NI manager but has largely done fuck all anywhere else, inc his 2nd stint with NI?

He did a fantastic job here with NI, but took the Stoke City job with mixed results. Not entirely his fault, he was in a tough league with limited resources, but his second stint as NI manager has struggled badly, largely due to the team being in transition and him having to throw in a lot of young, inexperienced players. The next tournament will be the decider for his second spell.

Personally I think he could do well for us, if he doesn't go the way Paterson did, but it's a risk.

I suppose we need to get a new manager in now so he can asses the squad with a view to biining most of them by the start of next season

I am guessing it that case it's somebody currently unemployed not some in a current position

So that narrows the field of candidates.....Lennon, Alex  Neil .....with Scotlands  Steve Clark an outsider as he has Euro commitments later in the year

Lennon pumping his gums last week in the papers about how much he wants to come to Aberdeen.......personally I am on the fence about him could be a decent move or pure shit he is that sort of guy