Next Manager

18 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Go on then…

I’d agree but then you have to remember who’s choosing the TD. Hopefully this German mob will know what they’re doing & have recommended a few so Cormack et al don’t start doing their own “due diligence” 

Just some of the shite named on here. Lennon being 1. 

5 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Gunn will be highly likely moved to an operational role more in keeping with his skill-set.

They'll be calling it TD to differentiate it from the (we won't be) confused role that Cormack gave to Gunn.

Sporting Director is the truest term.

Aye so the DoF role will disappear from the structure, in time?

6 minutes ago, slippers said:

Just some of the shite named on here. Lennon being 1. 

Bizarre if that’s true, wasn’t there a post on here saying one of the directors in corporate the other week was saying he won’t be anywhere near it? Also thought I read here Chris Harvey had asked Burrows about him & he confirmed Lennon won’t be getting it, but can’t see that anywhere.

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:
New manager to be appointed during the international break, interviews this week.
Technical director role to be added to the structure, alongside the DoF. 

I called it weeks ago.

An audit can't tell you someone's not good at their job. But it can say the role is too big for one person and advise what would help.

7 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

I could agree with that.Our most successful time was when we had Chris Anderson who was a technical director in all but name.As you say as long as the other 3 leave it to this tech director and manager.Dont think we need a director of football as well though.Only problem would be finding and keeping the right guy.We already find it difficult to appoint a manager and keep the hor for more than a few months.

Back in the good old days, we had a small board and none of this titled pish. The manager got on with his job and decided on transfers as it was his job. AFC is not big enough to need so many unnecessary extras to pretend they are big. 

• Upvote 1

Do any other clubs take this long to appoint managers. Aberdeen football club are an embarrassment, we need to get the casket dusted off and delivered to the main stand. Back in the 90’s as a fan group, we always protested. Nowadays we just accept being run like a basket case chip shop with odd opening times. 

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU BOYS? LETS RIOT AT NEXT HOME GAME. 

SACK THE FUCKING BOARD.

Charlatans to man. 

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye so the DoF role will disappear from the structure, in time?

I think so yes. It seems an old-fashioned title already; something that boards did 15-20 years ago when they realised they knew little about football so appointed a go-between. Moved on massively since then.  I reckon in a similar way that a club needs to have a coach with a Pro Licence to compete in Europe, they may soon also need to have a competent, qualified Technical/Sporting Director.

2 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I think so yes. It seems an old-fashioned title already; something that boards did 15-20 years ago when they realised they knew little about football so appointed a go-between. Moved on massively since then.  I reckon in a similar way that a club needs to have a coach with a Pro Licence to compete in Europe, they may soon also need to have a competent, qualified Technical/Sporting Director.

Strangely Ajax just brought back the DOF term (Taking the chap from Queens Park) as they've split the role where the TD used to do Transfers and the Technical Staff overview, but now the DOF does the Technical staff whilst they are looking for a recruitment director. It's all just wording I guess, doesn't matter a jot as long as everyone knows what they are doing!

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Back in the good old days, we had a small board and none of this titled pish. The manager got on with his job and decided on transfers as it was his job. AFC is not big enough to need so many unnecessary extras to pretend they are big. 

Indeed.Its also a concern that we have this new tech director and Cormack still tries to run things.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Johnnyred1 said:

All that money wasted on superfluous positions and reviews. It's like formula 1. You can have the right mechanics but if you don't have the money to upgrade the engine, the cars still going to be shit!

I agree with this, i mean it didn't take long to even google modern footballing structures, obviously it would need substance behind that which the review hopefully shows, but if Dave, Burrows and Gunn don't follow it then it doesn't matter a jot along with as you say if we don't have the finances it won't matter either!

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Not lying. Was told this by someone who owns a company that invests a significant 6 figure sum with AFC every year and was taken out for dinner by Cormack on Thirsday night as his company was seriously considering a huge reduction in their investment next year as they’re unhappy with the state of the club at the moment.

Was told that O’Neill was already confirmed for next season, all compensation and terms had been agreed. The club expected Warnock to stay on until end of season but once he told them he was leaving no matter the result yesterday they’re now trying to get O’Neill to come in sooner. Hes indicated he wants to stay with Northern Ireland for their friendlies at the end of this month but will likely join after them.

Also going to be a major restructuring at board level as a result of the report that’s been done. Someone who most of us don’t believe should be in such an important position won’t be in that position soon.

I hope this isn't a friend of yours.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Redread said:

Aberdeen FC are too small a club for all these positions of power in the club. We are looking ridiculous and just have a lot of people who will work all the hours going but don’t produce anything of note. 
There is certainly no need for Burrows or Gunn at our club in those daft positions. Better investing the money in a far more accomplished manager who can restructure the club to suit their team.

You ran a football club the size of Aberdeen before? 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Redread said:

Aberdeen FC are too small a club for all these positions of power in the club. We are looking ridiculous and just have a lot of people who will work all the hours going but don’t produce anything of note. 
There is certainly no need for Burrows or Gunn at our club in those daft positions. Better investing the money in a far more accomplished manager who can restructure the club to suit their team.

You ran a football club the size of Aberdeen before? 

So, if Gunn is still DoF after the summer then you could argue that he's being given more power with a new Technical Director being appointed underneath him.

Laughable. Can't have anyone losing face though.

This is why we struggle to be a serious club.

Going by club statement they wont even be interviewing till the international break its almost if they were waiting on an international manager to leave after the euros.

which brings us back to O’Neil/Clarke

or Garath Southgate 😆

You have to wonder something’s happened with Cormack/Warnock whether its Warnock been offered another job or Cormack letting him go otherwise why not wait the two games we have till said international break.

Just now, caledonia said:

Going by club statement they wont even be interviewing till the international break its almost if they were waiting on an international manager to leave after the euros.

which brings us back to O’Neil

or Garath Southgate 😆

You have to wonder something’s happened with Cormack/Warnock whether its Warnock been offered another job or Cormack letting him go otherwise why not wait the two games we have till said international break.

Sure the statment said they're interviewing this week and looking to make an appointment during the international break. Also Northern Ireland aren't at the Euros.

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Sure the statment said they're interviewing this week and looking to make an appointment during the international break. Also Northern Ireland aren't at the Euros.

They did say they will start interviews this week. It may well be that their first choice accepts job and will be in place before the break.