Next Manager

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Or…. He had a big bust up with Cormack on Thursday of last week & said “fuck this, I’m off after Saturday”… 

What a shambles we are.

And also, it’s seems clear the DoF is going nowhere… we’re actually going to ADD to the management line and appoint a Technical Director above him. 

Do we need;

Chairman > CEO > Technical Director > DoF > Manager?

We are an average team in a shite league FFS, we’re not Bayern Munich. 

What a shambles we are. A Technical Director to hold Gunn's hand. Farce.

I might be wrong but I don't read "new Technical Director to support the Director of Football" as that individual necessarily reporting to Gunn. Could it just be the case that the Technical Director will be more in tune with the football requirements, and takes that side of Gunn's workload? Specific training and development requirements?

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

That's the worry isn't it?

If Burrows does his job right, there's no need for us to ever hear from Cormack.  Since Burrows has been appointed though, it doesn't appear to have been the case, so we've got to hope that he adheres to the message from the report.

I've done bits of the Sporting Directorship pathway with the SFA so I'm aware of bits & pieces of how the structure is meant to be.

There is no danger of a TD having to report to Gunn (unless he becomes CEO) if this process is done properly. Again, if Cormack's ego allows himself to follow it through...

Of course Burrows came from one of the top teams in Scottish Football.   Mothercare. 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I might be wrong but I don't read "new Technical Director to support the Director of Football" as that individual necessarily reporting to Gunn. Could it just be the case that the Technical Director will be more in tune with the football requirements, and takes that side of Gunn's workload? Specific training and development requirements?

That's what I took from it

Doesn't specifically say the TD would report to Gunn 

A club of our size probably should not have three middle men in the form of a chief exec, director of football and a technical director but if it's needed to sort out the mess we're in then I'm fine with it. 

When I first read it I pictured a structure with the chairman at the top and the other three as equals essentially reporting into Cormack, with the responsibilities divided up a bit more so that Gunn reverts to being more administrative once more and the technical director works on the actual football stuff, with the HofR reporting in to him. 

It's convoluted and really feels like Gunn should not be involved but most of us want a football man in there and if this is what will do that then I can just about get on board with it, so long as it's the right candidate. 

29 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Straight from the FMB - Warnock took them totally by surprise on Saturday. The plan was he’d stick around till the new msn was in place but after he shook them with that press conference, they had to issue they’re own :statement:

That simply doesnt make sense for either the FMB or Warnock given we have a game on Wednesday.

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Our aim is to appoint a First Team Manager during the upcoming international break. In the meantime, Peter Leven will continue in interim charge, assisted by Scott Anderson and Craig Samson.”

its alright lads Samson's staying

🙏

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, brownie said:

So, if Gunn is still DoF after the summer then you could argue that he's being given more power with a new Technical Director being appointed underneath him.

Laughable. Can't have anyone losing face though.

This is why we struggle to be a serious club.

No, you couldn’t argue that. 

51 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Straight from the FMB - Warnock took them totally by surprise on Saturday. The plan was he’d stick around till the new msn was in place but after he shook them with that press conference, they had to issue they’re own :statement:

Not true. Shinnie has said he knew before Saturday 

10 minutes ago, eeps said:

its alright lads Samson's staying

🙏

It gets worse by the day. Warnock would appear to have caught the club off guard by leaving when he did. Have they really been doing nothing behind the scenes looking at possible replacement managers before or after Robson was sacked? 
What are the likes of Gunn and Burrows being paid for?

40 minutes ago, slippers said:

It confirms in the evening express extract. It explains the position. 

That doesn’t make sense

Gunn doesn’t have the expertise to be Technical Director so why would they be reporting into him?

I’ve not read the EE article but as usual we’re just getting dribs and drabs from the club

53 minutes ago, slippers said:

It confirms in the evening express extract. It explains the position. 

Yip.

the article clearly says “we understand that current DoF Steven Gunn will remain in place & the Technical Director will report to him”

From looking on from the outside, it seems overkill…. But…. If we pay this consultancy firm a 6 figure amount, we should take on board what they say.

Derek Rae was “bigging up” the chap Peters who heads it up, saying he has a very good reputation in Germany. 

16 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

That doesn’t make sense

Gunn doesn’t have the expertise to be Technical Director so why would they be reporting into him?

I’ve not read the EE article but as usual we’re just getting dribs and drabs from the club

You don't necessarily need that specific expertise for someone to report to you.

23 minutes ago, G man said:

It gets worse by the day. Warnock would appear to have caught the club off guard by leaving when he did. Have they really been doing nothing behind the scenes looking at possible replacement managers before or after Robson was sacked? 

The review smokescreen hasn’t worked and now Warnock has fucked off he’s left them up shit creak without a paddle. Any fans that still had confidence in the board must now be seeing them for what they really are, a bunch of fucking useless incompetent idiots that aren’t fit to run the club

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, caledonia said:

Going by club statement they wont even be interviewing till the international break its almost if they were waiting on an international manager to leave after the euros.

which brings us back to O’Neil/Clarke

or Garath Southgate 😆

You have to wonder something’s happened with Cormack/Warnock whether its Warnock been offered another job or Cormack letting him go otherwise why not wait the two games we have till said international break.

Has Cormack any teeth missing. 

39 minutes ago, G man said:

No, they were waiting for the review to be complete. It is now complete and candidates interviewed this week.

32 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

That doesn’t make sense

Gunn is the director of football and the technical director reports to him. 

14 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

The review smokescreen hasn’t worked and now Warnock has fucked off he’s left them up shit creak without a paddle. Any fans that still had confidence in the board must now be seeing them for what they really are, a bunch of fucking useless incompetent idiots that aren’t fit to run the club

Not sure how this has changed anything. I hate Cormack as much as anyone but surely the fact the review is being done by a highly regarded person is a good thing?

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip.

the article clearly says “we understand that current DoF Steven Gunn will remain in place & the Technical Director will report to him”

It's a fair plot twist.

Gunn coming out of this with someone new reporting into him.

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Not sure how this has changed anything. I hate Cormack as much as anyone but surely the fact the review is being done by a highly regarded person is a good thing?

I'd say it is, I just have little fucking faith in him fully investing in what they've suggested, even in the statement there's some pish.

Just now, DelMonte said:

Totally agree.  Cormack should rightly receive criticism for guiding us into this position in the first place but at least there is an acknowledgment that things need to change.  If the rumours are true that this review is costing 300k then they will surely listen and act upon any recommendations they make.  This company does seem to be very highly regarded.   The Warnock situ is a strange one but chances are it was a mutual agreement for him to go now.  I suppose the hope was that he would come in , go on a bit of a run and maybe get top 6 / Europe.  That’s gone to rat shit so he goes now, we save a bit of cash and Leven gets the next 2 games.