Next Manager

How could the club be starting interviews for a manager before they have the technical director in if that's the route they're going down?

Rather they stuck with Leven until they've got everything in place to choose the manager, rather than rushing both processes to save face. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

That doesn’t make sense

Gunn doesn’t have the expertise to be Technical Director so why would they be reporting into him?

I’ve not read the EE article but as usual we’re just getting dribs and drabs from the club

Haven worked in “a job” I can confirm people who have people reporting to them don’t need to have the skills of the people doing the reporting. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'd say it is, I just have little fucking faith in him fully investing in what they've suggested, even in the statement there's some pish.

Have faith...

Problem is if we don't win first few games next season the new man will be under pressure straight away.

27 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Not sure how this has changed anything. I hate Cormack as much as anyone but surely the fact the review is being done by a highly regarded person is a good thing?

Yes it is but that’s only if the highlighted deficiencies are being rectified and not ignored because Cormack doesn’t want to give up power and he let’s the club be ran by people who know how to run a football club. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, the reports findings are only as good as the actions taken.

That's a very very good point, but my own thoughts are why pay a small fortune for a review and not fallow through with the findings, makes no sense to me whatsoever. 

I get the feeling Cormack's feeling the pressure now, I think majority would be happy to stay with Leven and get this appointment correct as this appointment will imo make or break Cormack, if this goes wrong I think you might hear 'sack the board' alot louder than last time. 

1 minute ago, Dandys1983 said:

Have faith...

Problem is if we don't win first few games next season the new man will be under pressure straight away.

There is no point in having faith, it's clear he interferes with matters that he has no expertise in.

His track record of hiring people at the club is abysmal, numerous people want fuck all to do with us, hence why some key positions at the club take ages to fill then it's usually a useless cunt put in place.

It also appears that once Cormack gets a person into his head that's it, it's him or nothing, these interviews this week will probably see us left with Michael O'Neill, Lennon and Robinson as the shortlist.

Oh and the new technical director will probably be Gunns brother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Surely, this has to be a dual appointment, with the Technical Director and the new manager arriving together, or at least both appointed as part of a “team”, working in tandem with each other?

Would seem idiotic to do it any other way but then again, this is Aberdeen….

Next Aberdeen Manager Odds from Gambling.com 

Neil Lennon

1/4

Probability 80%

Alex Neil

7/4

Probability 36.4%

Stephen Robinson

3/1

Probability 25%

Tony Docherty

4/1

Probability 20%

Derek McInnes

9/2

Probability 18.2%

Jim Goodwin

7/1

Probability 12.5%

Michael O'Neill

8/1

Probability 11.1%

Stephen Kenny

10/1

Probability 9.1%

That's a grim list. 

The article can be read here- https://www.gambling.com/uk/news/next-aberdeen-manager-odds

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

There is no point in having faith, it's clear he interferes with matters that he has no expertise in.

His track record of hiring people at the club is abysmal, numerous people want fuck all to do with us, hence why some key positions at the club take ages to fill then it's usually a useless cunt put in place.

It also appears that once Cormack gets a person into his head that's it, it's him or nothing, these interviews this week will probably see us left with Michael O'Neill, Lennon and Robinson as the shortlist.

I think if a review carried out by a very experienced and well thought of company doesn’t make Cormack change his ways then it’s never going to happen. A massive waste of time & money if he just does what he thinks is best regardless. 

8 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

That's a very very good point, but my own thoughts are why pay a small fortune for a review and not fallow through with the findings, makes no sense to me whatsoever. 

I get the feeling Cormack's feeling the pressure now, I think majority would be happy to stay with Leven and get this appointment correct as this appointment will imo make or break Cormack, if this goes wrong I think you might hear 'sack the board' alot louder than last time. 

Agree, but DC is not known for being liked to be told what to do.

As you say, a waste of time & money if he doesn’t implement their recommendations.

I’m simplistic.  
Good recruitment & a good manager & nothing else matters. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agree, but DC is not known for being liked to be told what to do.

As you say, a waste of time & money if he doesn’t implement their recommendations.

I’m simplistic.  
Good recruitment & a good manager & nothing else matters. 

It's if they let the manager have a say in signings or if he's going to be left in the dark, eh he asks for a winger and just gets who he gets if you get me. 

3 minutes ago, Leightons_Missing_Teeth said:

Neil Lennon

1/4

Probability 80%

Alex Neil

7/4

Probability 36.4%

Stephen Robinson

3/1

Probability 25%

Tony Docherty

4/1

Probability 20%

Derek McInnes

9/2

Probability 18.2%

Jim Goodwin

7/1

Probability 12.5%

Michael O'Neill

8/1

Probability 11.1%

Stephen Kenny

10/1

Probability 9.1%

That's a grim list. 

The article can be read here- https://www.gambling.com/uk/news/next-aberdeen-manager-odds

Just goes to show how lazy people are when it comes to both the betting and the manager suggestions. Two former managers and an ex-assistant manager, plus a bunch of jobbies nobody can flush that keep coming back up.

3 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

It's if they let the manager have a say in signings or if he's going to be left in the dark, eh he asks for a winger and just gets who he gets if you get me. 

As I understand it, the manager says I need a midfielder with these characteristics. 

The recruitment team churn out some alternatives.

Manager says, ok I want them in this other of preference.

Steven Gunn then negotiates with club & agent. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Leightons_Missing_Teeth said:

Neil Lennon

1/4

Probability 80%

Alex Neil

7/4

Probability 36.4%

Stephen Robinson

3/1

Probability 25%

Tony Docherty

4/1

Probability 20%

Derek McInnes

9/2

Probability 18.2%

Jim Goodwin

7/1

Probability 12.5%

Michael O'Neill

8/1

Probability 11.1%

Stephen Kenny

10/1

Probability 9.1%

That's a grim list. 

List dosn't get any better if you start at the bottom 😪

18 minutes ago, minijc said:

Either that or Neil Simpson 

16 minutes ago, Leightons_Missing_Teeth said:

Neil Lennon

1/4

Probability 80%

Alex Neil

7/4

Probability 36.4%

Stephen Robinson

3/1

Probability 25%

Tony Docherty

4/1

Probability 20%

Derek McInnes

9/2

Probability 18.2%

Jim Goodwin

7/1

Probability 12.5%

Michael O'Neill

8/1

Probability 11.1%

Stephen Kenny

10/1

Probability 9.1%

That's a grim list. 

Anything that’s starts with gambling.com should be ignored 

10 minutes ago, ELLON RED said:

Surely the review people identified that Gunn was not up to the job? 

They maybe did but Cormack and Co just ignoring that part?

Was a review of processes rather than individuals.