Next Manager

If someone is attached to a club then it cannae be that quick a process surely. Think it's different story if it's yer Lennon or Neil. 

Needs to get the finger out however. Last night was bowfin and that's saying a lot by just how quick we've fallen into this mire. 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Anyone coming in now, no matter who, surely won't take the rap for us going down if it happens. The damage is already done and it's not as if the new man can turn to the transfer market to try to change things. He's only got the option of signing free agents who certainly won't be match fit and might not even have the basic level of physical fitness to be able to make a worthwhile contribution for a few weeks.

If we go down, it's all on Robson for his signings leaving us with a badly unbalanced squad.....alongside Colgate for delaying punting him for at least 2 (I'd actually say 3 myself) months longer than it actually should have happened

Robson, Gunn, FMB will all be to blame if we go down but ultimately the buck stops with Cormack. 100% his fault for the embarrassment the club has become. 

The players should also be ashamed of themselves. Professional footballers my arse!! Sadly. I suspect that only one or two actually care and the rest will move on and not give it a 2nd thought. 

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Club will be praying we win on Saturday and County lose.

If so i'd say it probably leads you to give Leven the following three games

Don’t think so 

They’ve said they expect to appoint a manager by the end of the next international break 

We’d look like massive cunts if we didn’t 

So you might be right 

17 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Don’t think so 

They’ve said they expect to appoint a manager by the end of the next international break 

We’d look like massive cunts if we didn’t 

So you might be right 

Tough one though.

Appointing an exciting manager gives you the best chance to retain the record dna sales and the record season ticket sales.

Appointing a boring manager guarantees a huge drop off in dna, season tickets and general interest in the club.

The boring manager is probably more likely to avoid us taking relegation to the last couple of matches

50 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's going to be Lennon on a 12 month rolling contract I fear. 

They'll focus on the technical director bit in the short term and kick the manager can down the road due to desperation and lack of interest from other candidates due to the position we are in. 

It's going to be O'Neil I think but when he actually starts I've no idea. 

Also the club should be all over this now, we are up shit creek without a paddle and I really fear if we go down we won't come straight back up. 

Uwe Rosler name also coming up more and more. 

though I think with the situation we are in they will go UK based.

We need to invest in a proper manager and if that means it’s £15k a week over three years so be it, we know we have money coming in for Ferguson transfer, and more than likely Miovski, Barron and Duk, I absolutely would like us to see us pay decent cash to get a decent manager, who will in himself attract a better quality of player through his own reputation and contacts.  No messing about and sadly this is the price Cormack, and we have to pay for three years of stubbornness, seeking the cheapest option.  Invest in a great manage, then invest in the team.  

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Chester Don said:

We need to invest in a proper manager and if that means it’s £15k a week over three years so be it, we know we have money coming in for Ferguson transfer, and more than likely Miovski, Barron and Duk, I absolutely would like us to see us pay decent cash to get a decent manager, who will in himself attract a better quality of player through his own reputation and contacts.  No messing about and sadly this is the price Cormack, and we have to pay for three years of stubbornness, seeking the cheapest option.  Invest in a great manage, then invest in the team.  

It's all good and well paying a big chunk on wages for a manager but it'll matter fuck all if Cormack keeps being a prick.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Club will be praying we win on Saturday and County lose.

If so i'd say it probably leads you to give Leven the following three games

Why? Club have already said new manager will be in during the break? Looking like well through break right now. But would just be more egg on face if it dosnt happen. 

12 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Maybe but paying a manager  a lot of money is no guarantee of success.I doubt if all the teams above us are paying fortunes.

13 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's all good and well paying a big chunk on wages for a manager but it'll matter fuck all if Cormack keeps being a prick.

Agreed, in which case whichever manager we choose needs to have the balls to tell Cormack to butt out. Surely the review will have told Cormack that, will he listen though?

6 minutes ago, Redread said:

No decent manager will come to Aberdeen with the instruction that you work with Leven, Samson and Anderson in your coaching team. 
Nowadays you don’t just pick a manager, you also get his choice coaching team he requires.

Good, fuck the lot of them, they all need to go.

18 minutes ago, slippers said:

Why? Club have already said new manager will be in during the break? Looking like well through break right now. But would just be more egg on face if it dosnt happen. 

My view is explained in earlier post.

We appear so deep in the shit that you are restricted to only choosing Robinson, Lennon etc. I think taking in a 'progressive' manager is too much of a risk at the moment

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

My view is explained in earlier post.

We appear so deep in the shit that you are restricted to only choosing Robinson, Lennon etc. I think taking in a 'progressive' manager is too much of a risk at the moment

I see your point of thinking. But international break is a great time to get someone in. I think when you put it like that though  I would rather wait a few games to see if safe if it meant we could get the Swedish lad in instead of the other run of the mill candidates. I just have no faith we will be safe with current set up.