Next Manager

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I shudder at the memories of Gallagher & Bates trying to pass out from the back.

Thelin is a pipe dream, he’s not coming near Pittodrie unfortunately 

My heart would fall out of my arse watching this current defence trying to play a high line.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, minijc said:

My heart would fall out of my arse watching this current defence trying to play a high line.

That's what went through my head, would need at least 6-7 players minimum, that's not including Roos or Miovski. 

Also the long balls to feet! 🤣 Nae chance as I said Clarkson maybe 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Garner story is from a lad who was golfing with him today at Meldrum House.

Also said the interviews have not started and he hadn't heard of the apparent fees quoted for Robertson

Nicely done, tord...

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

You’re not wrong.

That’s been part of our problem.

The manager/HoR/DoF are not aligned.

Any sensible club would start by having a DoF whose CV merits the job. 
He then appoints a head coach/manager  whose style matches the way we want to play, and the recruitment fits round that. 

• Upvote 1

I’d be amazed if Thelin even contemplated it for a second. Lost out on the Swedish title on goal difference last season with European qualifiers to come this season. Giving that up to come to a potential Scottish Championship club with an even worse squad than we have right now? Highly unlikely. 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So it’s more lies fed saying they held talks & he impressed before they appointed (the cheaper option) Robson then?

Knutsen knocked us back & is clearly fae further out of our reach than this guy but if we cannot even get a manager in that Sunderland knocked back we’re truly fkd

I believe so yes. Probably got about as far as a courtesy call from his agent to say no thanks. They’ve leaked it to the press & worded it as if we actually held meaningful talks to try and take some heat off themselves. No coincidence the article breaks the day after a loss. 

2 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

I believe so yes. Probably got about as far as a courtesy call from his agent to say no thanks. They’ve leaked it to the press & worded it as if we actually held meaningful talks to try and take some heat off themselves. No coincidence the article breaks the day after a loss. 

I actually thought they would ‘leak’ the BK Haken boy 

I do think we are going to go down the Scandinavian route this time though regardless. 

Based mostly on it being close season there still & nothing much else. 

They’ll get slaughtered regardless (because they won’t pay for anyone of worth’ but they’ll get even more slaughtered by going back into the ‘usual suspects’ pot of shite

• Upvote 1

I have to laugh at the people suggesting Jimmy Thelin would be out of our reach. Most football fans wouldn't even know who he is yet they've all heard of Aberdeen. Don't be so quick to sell your club short. We still have a big profile across Europe. Especially in Scandinavia.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

Mind when we had a stinking Summer window under Goodwin so they fed the press some bullshit about us meeting Martin Boyle's release clause so we'd think they were being ambitious.

That was under glass 

2 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I have to laugh at the people suggesting Jimmy Thelin would be out of our reach. Most football fans wouldn't even know who he is yet they've all heard of Aberdeen. Don't be so quick to sell your club short. We still have a big profile across Europe. Especially in Scandinavia.

Whether or not he'd be out of our reach is academic - crucially the link is entirely fabricated by the FMB to take the heat off them a bit. No doubt we'll be getting a Scott Burns exclusive claiming "Aberdeen Thelin approach knocked back" and we'll see Lennon shack up within a week

2 hours ago, perthshirered said:

A dentist would be more likely to use the proper tools for the job. I'd suggest, if you want someone to do it using pliers, you'd be better looking for a sparkie or someone of that ilk. 

Dentists would give him pain killing injection.   Think I said ex Dentist who would use pliers with no injection.   But a sparkle would come in handy to plug the board , Cormack and the team into life. 

• Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

Whether or not he'd be out of our reach is academic - crucially the link is entirely fabricated by the FMB to take the heat off them a bit. No doubt we'll be getting a Scott Burns exclusive claiming "Aberdeen Thelin approach knocked back" and we'll see Lennon shack up within a week

I'm still laughing at them thinking that putting this out is a good thing.  This really highlights how out of touch they are, posting a loss like this whilst thinking it's a good thing.

Imagine having him or Robson as your options and you go for that glaiket cunt.

8 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

Lennon won't be our manager. The fans would burn the stadium down. That's only being pushed by the central belt media and Lennon himself. 

4 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

We USED to have a big profile..  Those days are long gone.  Unfortunately the current boards total mismanagement of the club from top to bottom has reduced the club to a complete laughing stock.  If the rumours of Cormacks micromanagement style and interfering in team selections / recruitment are true then no self respecting manager currently in work will touch us with a barge pole.   

Just now, DeltaRay1903 said:

Lennon won't be our manager. The fans would burn the stadium down. That's only being pushed by the central belt media and Lennon himself. 

I think the feeling among a few on here seems to be who else would take it just now, with the predicament we’re in, and also, we’re probably more desperate now than we were a month ago. 

A kinda Lennon by default maybe.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think the feeling among a few on here seems to be who else would take it just now, with the predicament we’re in, and also, we’re probably more desperate now than we were a month ago. 

No. I'd rather go down than him take over. Pretty sure the club will be aware of the strength of feeling against the horrible bastard. Apart from everything else he's not even a good manager. It won't be him.

3 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

We USED to have a big profile..  Those days are long gone.  Unfortunately the current boards total mismanagement of the club from top to bottom has reduced the club to a complete laughing stock.  If the rumours of Cormacks micromanagement style and interfering in team selections / recruitment are true then no self respecting manager currently in work will touch us with a barge pole.   

Only Lennon. 

The spiral towards relegation definitely makes it harder to get a good manager in.

So many bad decisions made in the last few years and so little sense of good timing by the club leadership.

If only they’d binned Robson back in November and got someone in with time to assess the squad and make use of the January window, so much could have been saved - but no we stuck with him like we’ve got a fucking death wish or something.

3 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Once you've attained it a profile doesn't vanish. A famous Hollywood movie star doesn't become unknown just because he's not getting starring roles in movies anymore. Aberdeen are still a big name and a whole host of high profile managers would love the chance to take the helm. 

1 minute ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Once you've attained it a profile doesn't vanish. A famous Hollywood movie star doesn't become unknown just because he's not getting starring roles in movies anymore. Aberdeen are still a big name and a whole host of high profile managers would love the chance to take the helm. 

What’s Mel Gibson up to these days?

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That’s what it is, aside from the cunt outside Pittodrie on Saturday nobody actively wants Neil Lennon, but the longer we’re in this state the more likely he becomes.

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'm still laughing at them thinking that putting this out is a good thing.  This really highlights how out of touch they are, posting a loss like this whilst thinking it's a good thing.

It’s more on how stupid Cormack thinks the fans are & how much contempt he has for us. Leaks a story whilst they continue to do what’s got us in this mess in the first place.

27 minutes ago, minijc said:

Exactly. It will just make us more disappointed in whoever doss get appointed. 

32 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

The biggest problem isn’t with the club (although don’t  doubt it is partly the issue because of Cormack) no. The biggest issue with attracting decent managers etc. is Scottish football itself & all the shite that goes with the preservation of keeping the arse cheeks as high profile (or relevant) as they possibly can to anyone outside Scotland. 

Aberdeen have a fantastic budget compared to a lot of teams in Scandinavian leagues (for example) but Scottish football has made it so it is impossible for any team to compete on anything close to an even playing field. Even if we ignore the budget differences between us & the arse cheeks.

If we had same budget as the arse cheeks I doubt we would even then be able to compete ‘fairly’