Next Manager

3 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

A lot of pent up frustration and anger on here today. 

At least the fans still have some passion and fight. 😂

Men behaving like hysterical wifies and pishing their knickers over their own nonsensical hot takes.

This is the way of the 'hat.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dandys1983 said:

I've just read a tweet from VitT on Jimmy Thelin, very good read on his style of play, no way majority of the players we have could play his style of play🤣, maybe Clarkson if he actually was arsed that's about it. 

VitT is decent with Google and copy. Type in "Jimmy Thelin style of play" and "his" analysis is there almost word for word in article by si.com. He's just an improved AgentAlba 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, RDS said:

VitT is decent with Google and copy. Type in "Jimmy Thelin style of play" and "his" analysis is there almost word for word in article by si.com. He's just an improved AgentAlba 

Saved me doing any research for a change🤣 

Google translate has been my friend tonight to get the Swedish thoughts on us being linked with Theiln,

it's a non starter but the sounds of it, going my Swedish journalists and faceboomk posts, but there was some comments regarding why there wasn't a statement along the lines of 'fuck off Aberdeen' 

At the end of the day, I don't think Dave and his merry men will be influenced with the very few fans on here. What will be will be. Those that say they won't be back if a certain one signs. Its a pity but look on the bright side. You'll be financially better off and you'll be leaving the nervous tics to the rest of us that will still be going. 

13 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Saved me doing any research for a change🤣 

Google translate has been my friend tonight to get the Swedish thoughts on us being linked with Theiln,

it's a non starter but the sounds of it, going my Swedish journalists and faceboomk posts, but there was some comments regarding why there wasn't a statement along the lines of 'fuck off Aberdeen' 

Look on transfermarkt.com as can get good info on his current backroom staff who he might want. Includes Sporting Director Matthias Svensson who played for few English teams. It says Thelin contracted to December 2025

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, RDS said:

Look on transfermarkt.com as can get good info on his current backroom staff who he might want. Includes Sporting Director Matthias Svensson who played for few English teams. It says Thelin contracted to December 2025

Yeah I use that alot along with various other sites, soccerway &  who scored, lots of information if you look out there, it's just finding it, 🤣 yeah he played for Norwich I remember that, can't remember who else though. 

• Upvote 1

O Neill quoted in Belfast press earlier 

He said: “I didn’t start the rumours. It’s just something that’s generated by the media.

“I was at a game two weeks ago between Aberdeen and St. Mirren watching Caolan Boyd-Munce and Conor McMenamin, who both played very well, and I think the Scottish media has read more into than they should have.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, RDS said:

He said: “I didn’t start the rumours. It’s just something that’s generated by the media.

“I was at a game two weeks ago between Aberdeen and St. Mirren watching Caolan Boyd-Munce and Conor McMenamin, who both played very well, and I think the Scottish media has read more into than they should have.

One of the three Neils crossed off the list.

Straight shootout between Alex and Lennon now.

19 minutes ago, RDS said:

Jesus Christ. Is that how far we have fallen that we can't even entice that poor bastard to be our gaffer. 

22 minutes ago, RDS said:

Tbf he’s unlikely to say, yes of course I want the Aberdeen job , can’t be arsed with this Irish pish anymore 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Elderadojnr said:

Jesus Christ. Is that how far we have fallen that we can't even entice that poor bastard to be our gaffer. 

Fallen from where?

he rejected the Scotland job a few years ago. 

had 3 years doing a decent job for the most part at Stoke. 

Our last managers were from 

- a retirement home 

- our youth team

- st mirren

- atlantas reserve team

- unemployed

- motherwell

- also motherwell

- dunfermline

- inverness

but heaven forbid a guy who took Northern Ireland to a major tournament for the first time since the 80s and got out of the group stages says no to us while we are 10th

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
39 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

The idea that Thelin would leave Elfsborg, where his stock is rising, for a club in danger of imminent relegation with no way of bringing new players in is ridiculous. 

With a personal view such as this you definitely lose any rights to discredit any managerial selection we do make now ffs. 

Elfsborg & this guy are not out of a club & wage like Aberdeen ffs. 
Especially a club as desperate to get this right in current situation. It’s just going to be more expensive than the usual shite. 

Sweden is a horrible place to live right now also (even worse than Scotland/Aberdeen) it’s a complete cesspool of Europe at moment with all the murders/gang wars going on. 

You’d be amazed how many that will be desperate to get their families out of that shitehole in current circumstances 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

With a personal view such as this you definitely lose any rights to discredit any managerial selection we do make now ffs. 

Elfsborg & this guy are not out of a club & wage like Aberdeen ffs. 
Especially a club as desperate to get this right in current situation. It’s just going to be more expensive than the usual shite. 

Sweden is a horrible place to live right now also (even worse than Scotland/Aberdeen) it’s a complete cesspool of Europe at moment with all the murders/gang wars going on. 

You’d be amazed how many that will be desperate to get their families out of that shitehole in current circumstances 

He was a ball hair away from the Sunderland job earlier this season. Like it or not, that would be a bigger job than the Aberdeen one.

If he has any sense, he'd know that if he keeps doing what he's doing at Elfsborg, bigger and better opportunities will come along. If he jumps ship to Aberdeen and gets relegated withing 2 months of arrival, his stock goes through the floor.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We can certainly afford the compensation and afford him, just like we can afford Knutsen.

It's just whether we can persuade him

If he could be convinced, there's something wrong with him. At least until he knows which league we'll be in next season.

1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

At the end of the day, I don't think Dave and his merry men will be influenced with the very few fans on here. What will be will be. Those that say they won't be back if a certain one signs. Its a pity but look on the bright side. You'll be financially better off and you'll be leaving the nervous tics to the rest of us that will still be going. 

This is the best news I have heard for weeks. If the moaners who can't get behind the next manager say they won't be back I hope they mean it and stay away forever. Their negativity has plummeted us to where we are now. They are just in denial about the role they played and continue to play. 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Fair enough. But given how that yank cunt is his main concern with the new manager will be can I interfere as much as I'd like. We're doomed under this crazy bat shit cunt.

Maybe you dislike him. Change that. Ok so you hate him. But have you stopped to wonder where we would be without him. We dont have a support like Hearts who would put their hand in their pocket to run the club. We would be similar to Dundee. There isn't a queue of wealthy benefactor clambering over each other to be criticised by this forum and throw their money away.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
5 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I do. Hence my not wanting Lennon within a million miles of the Pittodrie job. Some things are more important than points on a table or even league category. Your failure to realise that is why I'm sceptical about your claim to be from Aberdeen. Aberdonians understand. 

Really - most of the fans I speak to think Lennon's a good manager. Ok as the Celtic manager I detested him. But he's not the Celtic manager now. I've watched him during games at Pittodrie driving his team on. Going mental if they give the ball away. Coaching them to keep the ball, keep the ball. Christ we can't keep the ball for three passes since Warnock arrived. I detest both sided of the Old Firm - probably Celtic more than Rangers but were are talking levels of hate that are unquantifiable really - but if someone with talent is prepared to make Aberdeen better I'm behind it.

• Downvote 1
23 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

This is the best news I have heard for weeks. If the moaners who can't get behind the next manager say they won't be back I hope they mean it and stay away forever. Their negativity has plummeted us to where we are now. They are just in denial about the role they played and continue to play. 

Take yourself to fuck. 

Where has this infestation of posters come from? 

• Upvote 3
15 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Really - most of the fans I speak to think Lennon's a good manager. Ok as the Celtic manager I detested him. But he's not the Celtic manager now. I've watched him during games at Pittodrie driving his team on. Going mental if they give the ball away. Coaching them to keep the ball, keep the ball. Christ we can't keep the ball for three passes since Warnock arrived. I detest both sided of the Old Firm - probably Celtic more than Rangers but were are talking levels of hate that are unquantifiable really - but if someone with talent is prepared to make Aberdeen better I'm behind it.

He's not a good manager, is the main problem. His baggage, horrendous personality, and loathing of Aberdeen and its fans doesn't even have to factor in. He's just shit at football management, and even fans of clubs he's managed are saying DO NOT hire this cunt. 

But, meh, who fucking cares. Give him a three year contract. 

See you in the 2nd division. 

• Upvote 3
26 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Maybe you dislike him. Change that. Ok so you hate him. But have you stopped to wonder where we would be without him. We dont have a support like Hearts who would put their hand in their pocket to run the club. We would be similar to Dundee. There isn't a queue of wealthy benefactor clambering over each other to be criticised by this forum and throw their money away.

We'd probably be safely top 6 if Cormack wasn't here. 

We were debt free, a European regular, and once more an attractive prospect for managers and players. 

Then Cormack arrived, pushed out McInnes, appointed his mate as manager and the wheels flew off... 

...and here we are. 

So, where would be without Cormack?

Safe. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Were you that backward village idiot the BBC dredged up outside Pittodrie the other week? 😆

• Haha 5
37 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

The last game he managed at Pittodrie we pumped Hibs 4-1 and GMS got a superb hat trick. 

Bizarre to use seeing him at Pittodrie as a thing to hang your hat on. 

48 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Cormack, Burrows or Gunn… you’ve got to be one of them.

7 hours ago, Adogcalledspot said:

Dress it up any way you like. At the end of the day the league table truly shows how poor we are.

you don’t need any other outside consultants auditing reviews to show a better performance indicator that the league table..

Your shit about Brockville "saving us from relegation" is fake news / bollocks

• Upvote 2