Next Manager

1 hour ago, RedRevolution said:

Maybe you dislike him. Change that. Ok so you hate him. But have you stopped to wonder where we would be without him. We dont have a support like Hearts who would put their hand in their pocket to run the club. We would be similar to Dundee. There isn't a queue of wealthy benefactor clambering over each other to be criticised by this forum and throw their money away.

Given we've never had the opportunity how do you know the rest of us wouldn't dip in to our pooches and do a Hearts. Don't judge rest of us against yourself being a grippit git

I'd like Thelin in but not sure how his style of play will work with us as we are brutal.

Regarding Lennon there is definitely a split among fans on whether he should get the job but to me I will never forget some of his previous comments about us and quite like the fact he is having to back track and praise the club while using all his media chums to try and get his hat in the ring..... to no avail fingers crossed! 

There are a large number who don’t want him in the door, period.

The remainder are split but there’s unquestionably a decent number thinking he’s the best available given our current predicament.  I understand that viewpoint too, much as it annoys me that they’re using what is largely a self created position to lever the boy in.

None of that group will have a problem if he comes in and sees us safely out.  He’ll pick up a few more if he gets the basics right and gets us back 3-5 next season.  Churlish to think otherwise.

But the second it slips.  The second he’s a poor home result, a player leaves on bad terms or just a “on street incident” (all of which I personally think are inevitable) he’ll see that supportive grouping disappear like snow off a dyke.  Like an untested manager fucking it up in fact.

So why give ourselves the hassle (current predicament notwithstanding )

• Upvote 1

I would  be interested  to see exactly  how many of the fans don't actually  return,  fuck me we have had nigh on 40 yrs of a corrupt, rigged,league 

Of officialdom,  administrators, clubs, media. And the rest of the establishment treating  the fans either total and utter contempt, like something  they would  scrape off their shoe, and yet the fans still turn up like the gullible funking this as shot counts we are.

• Upvote 1

Lennon would put everything into it. And has a point to prove. We could do worse. 

I just can’t be arsed with the circus and meltdown it would create in the stands though. We are embarrassing enough at the moment without adding that as a sideshow. Can’t believe we’ve become one of “those” teams!

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Spat at & abused with sectarian language if I remember right.

I think it was at the St Johnstone semi-final.

It was more his agent making the accusations? 

We were sitting directly behind him about 10 rows and nothing went anywhere near him, at one point when we got one of the second half goals someone threw someone threw up a plastic cup of fanta but its wasn't really near him at all.

It was Chick Young who jumped on the whole thing and one of the STV journalists who after the game couldn't answer what had happened!!! There was no sectarian nonesense that I heard and like I say we were pretty close behind him. 

If you are willing to let Lennon come in as manager I suppose you’re in the success at any cost camp, but it’s not like he has some sort of managerial genius. It would just be another stupid appointment and massive gamble, you can’t hire someone that would divide half the support day 1 as it would become toxic the moment we had a bad spell. 

He would be claiming he’s been spat on from the main stand by the end of April. 

• Like 1

Given what we've been through with untested / inexperienced / showbiz managers over the last few years it's beyond belief that anyone thinks that Lennon would be a good idea. 

I dont understand why some folk saying he'd shake things up / wouldnt take any crap etc. What the utter fuck are these folk on? He is the last person we need and this is purely based on his record as a manager. 

You need to believe we could get relegated to entertain the thought of Lennon.

He may be the most likely candidate to get results in 2024 but he is certain to be yet another short term appointment after Glass, Goodwin, Robson and Warnock all didnt reach 13 months

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

He may be the most likely candidate to get results in 2024 but he is certain to be yet another short term appointment after Glass, Goodwin, Robson and Warnock all didnt reach 13 months

Wouldn't even give him 6 months if by so chance we gave him the job

As others have said he's a horrible manager, piss poor in his 2nd stint at celtic and before that at Hibs

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Yes.  So we don’t get relegated and we tolerate him.  

He does well (hardly difficult relative to now) and the happy clappers return.  Great.

He doesn’t do well because things don’t go for him for whatever reason and, as someone said, scenes.  Immediate scenes.

At the moment I’d put the chances of those two options (notice I’m still ruling out relegation) at 50:50.

Thats far too high a chance of it happening to take the risk or, again as has been said repeatedly, we’re potentially just back here again next year.

14 hours ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Where is your proof? Its more like he coudnt handle a chairman one of which the type he's never ever worked under." I don't think any manager has ever worked under such a cunt as chairman.. Are you forgetting this whole debacle is down to that vain cunt. I'm surprised he doesn't dye his hair the vain narcissistic cunt that he is.

If you read several of my posts regarding Cormack, you'll note what I think of him, very similar to your own thoughts on the man. 

Warnock wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination and whether he walked, was pushed, or left by "mutual consent", he evidently wasn't up for the fight and left us in a very perilous league position.

I don't need to show any proof of that to justify my beliefs on Warnock as he should not have been appointed in the first place, and results and performances under his eight game reign back up my thoughts.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

employing that mutant wouldn’t stop relegation 

10 hours ago, RDS said:

O Neill quoted in Belfast press earlier 

He said: “I didn’t start the rumours. It’s just something that’s generated by the media.

“I was at a game two weeks ago between Aberdeen and St. Mirren watching Caolan Boyd-Munce and Conor McMenamin, who both played very well, and I think the Scottish media has read more into than they should have.

So the man we most likely sounded out has ran a mile, wonderful stuff, congratulations to the FMB, I wonder where Desperate Davie will turn now?

Just now, minijc said:

So the man we most likely sounded out has ran a mile, wonderful stuff, congratulations to the FMB, I wonder where Desperate Davie will turn now?

This reflects mainstandmoan post yesterday, they haven’t a clue what they are doing.

A wee reminder of the state of play this Friday morn'.

We are winless in 11 league games and are plummeting towards the relegation play off place.

Warnock, our supposed saviour, jumped ship last Saturday and our egotistic, puppet master chairman has fucked off on holiday in, potentially, our most desperate hour of need.

The only, apparent, management folk interested in the manager's role at this time are Neil Lennon, NEIL LENNON, and Mark Fotheringham.

As the rats leave the sinking ship, including the chief rat, Cormack, I can only hope for "the miracle of Fir Park" tomorrow afternoon otherwise this nightmare scenario is going to get very real.

Cormack should get held to account and pronto before it is too late.

We need an experienced manager now and not when it's too late not a prick of a chairman returning in a few weeks time bronzed with a team facing relegation.

• Upvote 2
13 hours ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Fair enough. But given how that yank cunt is his main concern with the new manager will be can I interfere as much as I'd like. We're doomed under this crazy bat shit cunt.

Cormack is a narcissistic bully of a man who uses his self-apportioned power, ego, and wealth to intimidate others under him in the organisational hierarchy at AFC, in turn, enabling him in his narrow mind that he can do as he pleases at our club, much to its dramatic detriment.

Ultimately, he's at AFC, purely and simply, to make money whilst masquerading as a "caring" supporter of our club.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

A wee reminder of the state of play this Friday morn'.

We are winless in 11 league games and are plummeting towards the relegation play off place.

Warnock, our supposed saviour, jumped ship last Saturday and our egotistic, puppet master chairman has fucked off on holiday in, potentially, our most desperate hour of need.

The only, apparent, management folk interested in the manager's role at this time are Neil Lennon, NEIL LENNON, and Mark Fotheringham.

As the rats leave the sinking ship, including the chief rat, Cormack, I can only hope for "the miracle of Fir Park" tomorrow afternoon otherwise this nightmare scenario is going to get very real.

Cormack should get held to account and pronto before it is too late.

We need an experienced manager now and not when it's too late not a prick of a chairman returning in a few weeks time bronzed with a team facing relegation.

Excellent post.👏