Next Manager

40 minutes ago, ullevi said:

We were sitting directly behind him about 10 rows and nothing went anywhere near him, at one point when we got one of the second half goals someone threw someone threw up a plastic cup of fanta but its wasn't really near him at all.

It was Chick Young who jumped on the whole thing and one of the STV journalists who after the game couldn't answer what had happened!!! There was no sectarian nonesense that I heard and like I say we were pretty close behind him. 

This account is spot on.

I was even closer. A couple of gypes - one may have been in my company - threw their juice cups in the air I think it was after the 3rd goal which splooshed about over a few folk, I think more journalists than the directors box.

He left after that, probably only 10 mins earlier than he’d have stayed for in any event given spying managers often leave after 75/80 mins. Got a jeer from folk around him, but that’s it.

Then we’re on the way home and Chick Young on the radio has turned it into “ra sectarianism so it is, byrrayway big man but. See, they’re just like us, so they are”.

That said, Lennon would be a mistake.

Too many problems. He’s sounds ‘alright’ just now, but that’s with the pressure off. Dons position is a pressurised one, especially when there’s a sniff of a 2-3 game bad run (I wish), and even more so with a yapping chairman sticking his oar in every 5 mins about what he’s found on Wyscout and what Eddie Turnbull would have done.

9 minutes ago, minijc said:

So the man we most likely sounded out has ran a mile, wonderful stuff, congratulations to the FMB, I wonder where Desperate Davie will turn now?

Not sure how we ever thought a manager of an international team with 4 years left on his contract was ever going to rip it up to join a team on the brink of relegation. Was never going to happen and shows how insane our "leaders" are.

I'm pretty sure the only managers who will take the risk of joining us before the end of the season will be those who are currently out of work with no real prospects of picking up a good job in the summer (which fits the Neil Lennon description). Those who are in work (Thelin, Robinson) or have a chance of getting a decent gig in the summer (Alex Neil) are unlikely to board the sinking ship as they're not going to want to take the risk of managing a Championship team next season.

1 hour ago, Redread said:

Aberdeen FC still don’t know who they want as the new manager….have a think about that! 

They are conducting interviews, they must have some idea. Have a think about that!

If they do go for this Thelin character, based on his " philosophy" then it has to come with a  definite commitment from Cormack to bankroll it. I'd rather go down this route and build something rather than go down the usual road. 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, RUL said:

employing that mutant wouldn’t stop relegation 

I just hope Leven wins the next two and County lose to Hearts so that we can forget all about this season and any thoughts of accepting a pish appointment

Fuck me, you hypocritical  cunts  if Lennon comes in and does  a good job you will all be wanking him off .

Do you really  think Aberdeen  or any other club for that matter  give two fucks what the fans want?

All that concerns  them is sillar. Thier public persona, the msm opinion,  and the shithouses that run our game,  

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I just hope Leven wins the next two and County lose to Hearts so that we can forget all about this season and any thoughts of accepting a pish appointment

Why you so convinced leven will get 2 games? Board backtracking ?

58 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

This account is spot on.

I was even closer. A couple of gypes - one may have been in my company - threw their juice cups in the air I think it was after the 3rd goal which splooshed about over a few folk, I think more journalists than the directors box.

He left after that, probably only 10 mins earlier than he’d have stayed for in any event given spying managers often leave after 75/80 mins. Got a jeer from folk around him, but that’s it.

Then we’re on the way home and Chick Young on the radio has turned it into “ra sectarianism so it is, byrrayway big man but. See, they’re just like us, so they are”.

That said, Lennon would be a mistake.

Too many problems. He’s sounds ‘alright’ just now, but that’s with the pressure off. Dons position is a pressurised one, especially when there’s a sniff of a 2-3 game bad run (I wish), and even more so with a yapping chairman sticking his oar in every 5 mins about what he’s found on Wyscout and what Eddie Turnbull would have done.

We must have been right behind you then, I didnt see anyone really moaning at all, as you say most managers head away with about 10 mins to go, we sit in the Main stand and see a lot of scouts / managers and they nearly all leave early.

39 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Fuck me, you hypocritical  cunts  if Lennon comes in and does  a good job you will all be wanking him off .

Do you really  think Aberdeen  or any other club for that matter  give two fucks what the fans want?

All that concerns  them is sillar. Thier public persona, the msm opinion,  and the shithouses that run our game,  

I wouldn't. 

He's vermin and if he gets the job I'm out until he's gone which I don't think woudn ev very long because as well as being vermin he's a shite manager. In Poland there is a saying among fans "Honour before Honours" and I live by that. 

Lennon makes me want to hate all ginger Irish people. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I wouldn't. 

He's vermin and if he gets the job I'm out until he's gone which I don't think woudn ev very long because as well as being vermin he's a shite manager. In Poland there is a saying among fans "Honour before Honours" and I live by that. 

Lennon makes me want to hate all ginger Irish people. 

I’ll probably still go but I’ll be talking him down every week.

10 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

Maybe you dislike him. Change that. Ok so you hate him. But have you stopped to wonder where we would be without him. We dont have a support like Hearts who would put their hand in their pocket to run the club. We would be similar to Dundee. There isn't a queue of wealthy benefactor clambering over each other to be criticised by this forum and throw their money away.

Never heard of aberDNA ye fucking gype?  Club giving season tickets away free last year were they?

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

Maybe you dislike him. Change that. Ok so you hate him. But have you stopped to wonder where we would be without him. We dont have a support like Hearts who would put their hand in their pocket to run the club. We would be similar to Dundee. There isn't a queue of wealthy benefactor clambering over each other to be criticised by this forum and throw their money away.

:nono: Give it up pal. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Cormack is a narcissistic bully of a man who uses his self-apportioned power, ego, and wealth to intimidate others under him in the organisational hierarchy at AFC, in turn, enabling him in his narrow mind that he can do as he pleases at our club, much to its dramatic detriment.

Ultimately, he's at AFC, purely and simply, to make money whilst masquerading as a "caring" supporter of our club.

100% MAD.  That shady looking cunt is driving us off a cliff. I think we need the ultras to do demonstrations to try & get him out.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Spat at & abused with sectarian language if I remember right.

I think it was at the St Johnstone semi-final.

It was more his agent making the accusations? 

It was more Chic Young mischief making. Celtic had their game the following day and when Chico interviewed Lennon, he asked him  "Was the abuse sectarian, Lenny?" to which he was told, no.

EDIT - Already discussed, apologies 

I'm now at the stage I genuinely don't care who comes in and for how long. If the new manager staves off relegation fears, addresses the obvious weaknesses and is given a decent transfer budget for next year I'll get behind that manager.

The fans really need to show a bit unity both in terms of letting the board know we're not happy with the current Cormack created shambles and ultimately when a new manager is appointed. 

That said I still don't know if I'll renew my season ticket. I might just pick and choose a few home games next year.