Next Manager

29 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

What's interesting - and slightly terrifying - about this next appointment is they're going to have to be adaptable. Absolutely no use if we hire a left-field choice who has a particular way of playing in mind and he then tries to implement that immediately. 

If they have a philosophy, fair enough, but they're going to have to come in and realise that confidence is rock bottom and do whatever it takes to pick that up by getting results... immediately. No pissing about with systems and formations. I'd very much doubt passing out from the back or the like is going to help that. 

This is probably the reality that favours the likes of Lennon. The next manager is going to have to remind these players that they can play a bit (even if some of them can't) and instill a nastiness that just isn't there. The next few weeks and months are going to be about man management and psychology, nothing else. 

So we’re appointing a manager purely for the next 8 games.

As Tony said GGRRREEAAAATTTTT

1 hour ago, Redread said:

Warnock was either at it or our Chairman and CEO told him a pack of lies. 
I don’t think Warnock was at it because he is a football man and is used to these type of situations (regarding club positions etc).

No manager was lined up and suddenly to save face the interview process was speeded up slightly.

In the meantime the team are getting coached by 3 guys who aren’t upto it.

Have a think about that! 

So they have lined up a series of interviews with folk they don't want and never will want? I put it to you that you are talking complete codswallop. Go away, have another wee think about it. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

At what point do we put all this shit to one side and start helping the players regain their confidence. Let's get vocal and get behind them for the 90 mins plus. It might actually help get that extra 20% shift out of them. It's then up to them to show us the passion in return. Any protest should be after a game is finished.

Exactly - it's pathetic when people start losing it and screaming at the players. Every touch good or bad is greeted with howls of abuse. It's as though panic has set in and it gets passed onto the players. We have some complete morons as fans. They would be the first to march into HR if they got a fraction of the abuse they dish out. The only way to improve performance is get into a positive mind set and encourage everyone to do their best. Other wise we make the challenge of Bennachie more like climbing the Eiger in the dark without safety gear with a couple of thousand of lunatics trying to put you off and reminding you that death awaits you and you're not good enough to get off that cliff. Grow some balls and get behind the team instead of disintegrating into whimpering moaning fucking head cases.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 5
Just now, RedRevolution said:

Exactly - it's pathetic when people start losing it and screaming at the players. Every touch good or bad is greeted with howls of abuse. It's as though panic has set in and it gets passed onto the players. We have some complete morons as fans. They would be the first to march into HR if they got a fraction of the abuse they dish out. The only way to improve performance is get into a positive mind set and encourage everyone to do their best. Other wise we make the challenge of Bennachie more like climbing the Eiger in the dark without safety gear with a couple of thousand of lunatics trying to put you off and reminding you that death awaits you and you're not good enough to get off that cliff. Grow some balls and get behind the team instead of disintegrating into whimpering moaning fucking head cases.

You're an armchair fan eh?

2 hours ago, NEM said:

Never heard of aberDNA ye fucking gype?  Club giving season tickets away free last year were they?

Yeah but our season ticket sales, attendances and DNA income is well behind Hearts. Hard to accept but it's true - if you Diana ken that you're a fucking type! Well we knew that anyway.

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

There needs to be some form of communucation between the club and supporters to enable supporters to vent and raise their true feelings of the chaotic disorder which is Aberdeen Football Club before it is too little, too late. 

However, I doubt it will achieve anything due to the culture within our club.

AFC are truly pathetic at responding to correspondences sent to them regarding matters relating to our club.

The only form of response you get from the club is if you are buying something from them or arranging to get a seat on a chartered flight abroad to watch Aberdeen play on the continent (DJ and AG👍). 

I think they have a duty to listen to shareholders though..

2 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Fuck Bennachie, the Garioch cunt.

I recon I could climb Eiger in the dark wearing a mid-90’s Dons away kit.

Yeah but our season ticket sales, attendances and DNA income is well behind Hearts. Hard to accept but it's true - if you Diana ken that you're a fucking type! Well we knew that anyway.

Are they?  Our commercial turnover is far higher, does that make us better fans?  What's a type?

Fucking gype.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Cormack is a narcissistic bully of a man who uses his self-apportioned power, ego, and wealth to intimidate others under him in the organisational hierarchy at AFC, in turn, enabling him in his narrow mind that he can do as he pleases at our club, much to its dramatic detriment.

Ultimately, he's at AFC, purely and simply, to make money whilst masquerading as a "caring" supporter of our club.

OMG you need therapy. Have you ever met Dave Cormack. He is nothing like the monster you describe. Freud would say that your hatred of Cormack is deep rooted in some terrible insecurity.

8 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Sorry but when for the umpteenth game in a row our goalkeeper has his first touch of the ball, ushers his team mates forward and then kicks it out of play you expect the fans to not react? When straight from kick off we resort to lumping the ball up the park straight to the opposition defenders you expect the fans not to react? When well paid footballers can't make basic passes or control a ball you expect the fans not to react? 

The fans pay good money to follow the team across the country and are entitled to make their feelings known when the players act as if they've never seen a football before in their lives.

They were more than happy to take the acclaim from the fans who waited to cheer them off the park after beating Killie in the cup on Saturday. They need to take the criticism that comes their way also when its deserved instead of cowering away like crying little babies.

OMG you need therapy. Have you ever met Dave Cormack. He is nothing like the monster you describe. Freud would say that your hatred of Cormack is deep rooted in some terrible insecurity.

Its definitely going to come out one day that RedRevolution is someone high up at the club using AFC Chat to slaughter the fans that pay his wages. No other reason why anyone would be so defensive of the indenfensible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh I don't doubt that Cormack genuinely has the best of intentions. As the saying goes however - the road to hell is paved with them.

I don't think this changes the fact that he is one of the most egotistical men that I've ever come across, and lying comes as easy to him and his cronies as breathing.

But I do believe he truly does what he does with the best of intentions 

1 hour ago, Dunty said:

Neither would I.

And if we want to talk about "hypocritical cunts", @ericblack4boss you hated Derek McInnes even when he was winning because he was a hun.

All these years later, the AFC-Chat membership are still waiting for @ericblack4boss to follow-through on his sworn promise to quit the forum if Derek McInnes didn't move to the Huns.  @ericblack4boss- a promise, is a promise... a true Donsider would never go back on his word!  Let me know and I'll have your account deleted.  Better late than never!  

21 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Aye, we are where are are cause of the fans. You’re totally right.

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

I hear this from people that go to corporate all the time. I've met him myself and he's a pretty straight and decent guy.

But it detracts from the reality which is that he isn't doing a good job and that folk in corporate are easily bought.

The most impressive person I've ever met at Aberdeen FC was Keith Wyness. He had a terrific mentality.  He stopped us going to the wall in the early 2000s. DC's replacement (I think) as CEO no less. Send out the bat signal...

5 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Its definitely going to come out one day that RedRevolution is someone high up at the club using AFC Chat to slaughter the fans that pay his wages. No other reason why anyone would be so defensive of the indenfensible.

I'm pretty sure no employee would say this - I wish all of you negative, moaning bastards, who are never happy with anything and constantly criticise the club, its directors, its staff etc etc would eitherfuck off and support somebody. Your attendance and comments aren't needed or wanted. The moaners all have opinions which is fair enough but to criticise with venom and abuse when its clear you couldn't be trusted to given directions on how to get from the top of Union Street to the bottom. 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

I've had a season ticket for 20 years - even though I am away on business for a fair bit of the season. Pittodrie is toxic when the numpties start greetin.

Fans have a breaking point. The team were very well supported until that point, and even now, 3,000 people at Dens on Wed suggests they are still being backed. 

I hate booing our own players during the game as well, but it's worth noting it's a minority of people, who are absolutely entitled to do what they like. 

It's a real simpletons notion that people should just "be positive" at all times regardless of circumstance. An even bigger dipshit notion is that somehow it's the fault of fans that the season has been a mess. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

You need to believe we could get relegated to entertain the thought of Lennon.

He may be the most likely candidate to get results in 2024 but he is certain to be yet another short term appointment after Glass, Goodwin, Robson and Warnock all didnt reach 13 months

As l have said before we are in the mess we are in due to the ridiculous number of managers we have had in the last three years. If Cormack had a vision for the future of the club that moved away from the DMc era he needed to be brave enough to give the manager time and support. Glass was inexperienced but with an experienced assistant l think it could have worked. But he needed time and to accept that every season does not have to include a top three finish - change needs time. The only time since McInnes when l think we have been in real danger of relegation has been during both of Goodwin's seasons in charge and the position we find ourselves in at the present time.

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

I sometimes wonder how Glass would have fared if he'd had a HOR in place to at least help with the burden of having to sign an entire starting 11 when he arrived. I always felt like he was at least trying to get us playing football the right way but failed badly because all the players he signed were shite (with the exception of Ramirez maybe).

It was an absolutely ridiculous decision from Cormack to pluck his mate someone coaching kids football in the states and expect them to assemble an entire backroom staff and just about an entire first team squad for a professional football team on their own.

He had us playing some very slick football. I was positively excited by the style we adopted against Hacken. Blew them away and the crowd went home happy. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Davie boy pulling a Mick Beale here?

@bebo - this a Cayman islands IP address? 

• Haha 6
24 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

I've had a season ticket for 20 years - even though I am away on business for a fair bit of the season. Pittodrie is toxic when the numpties start greetin.

😂 What does that even mean?

There's some sort of green and yellow goo that drips from some fans eyes that contaminates the ground and melts the seats and that?

7 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I hear this from people that go to corporate all the time. I've met him myself and he's a pretty straight and decent guy.

But it detracts from the reality which is that he isn't doing a good job and that folk in corporate are easily bought.

The most impressive person I've ever met at Aberdeen FC was Keith Wyness. He had a terrific mentality.  He stopped us going to the wall in the early 2000s. DC's replacement (I think) as CEO no less. Send out the bat signal...

Club been on a downhill spiral since Dod Yule had to step down

• Upvote 6