Next Manager

33 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Lucien Favre. Fuck off. 

You assume we would be much of a lure to foreign managers?  We are in a shite league that we have no chance, ever, of winning. We aren't going to be paying a wage that you wouldn't get in any of the top 15 leagues in Europe. Tie that into the fact that Scotland isn't a particularly nice place to live, standards of living are much lower now than most Northern/Western European nations. 

Why would any talented or successful foreign manager want to join Aberdeen? 

Because it’s a club with soul and tradition 😂

10 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

No danger. I'm an Aberdonian and place a lot and I mean a lot of store in my civic pride.

Honour before honours. Principles matter to some and I'm one who believes in them. 

Fair play to you we could reappoint Jim Goodwin and I’d be hypocritical enough to be on the piss and celebrating for days after it if we won the Scottish cup. 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We had one.

He had a falling out with Dave Cormack. 

I’m talking about here and now though- at this point we might have to take a boring manager for a few years.

At the point McInnes motivation was dwindling, we were in a good position to maybe try and pinch a Thelin/Knutsen type manager (they are just examples, I’m well aware Knutsen stock is way beyond us now).

Seriously, how many well run professional clubs take this long to appoint a manager.

The past 2 seasons the FMB have allowed the concept of taking time to get it right, to devolve into indecision and procrastination. 

And that's me being generous. The reality is, they don't know what the fuck they are doing. Robson may have been sacked end of Jan but the writing was on the wall and they've had months to think about it, and they still don't know.

We're appointing the manager of the first team, yet we're conducting interviews as if we looking for an administrative trainee.  By now, we should know who we want and we should have went out and got him.

Fucking shambles ...... yet again. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Seriously, how many well run professional clubs take this long to appoint a manager.

The past 2 seasons the FMB have allowed the concept of taking time to get it right, to devolve into indecision and procrastination. 

And that's me being generous. The reality is, they don't know what the fuck they are doing. Robson may have been sacked end of Jan but the writing was on the wall and they've had months to think about it, and they still don't know.

We're appointing the manager of the first team, yet we're conducting interviews as if we looking for an administrative trainee.  By now, we should know who we want and we should have went out and got him.

So true.

We really have dropped to incredible levels of incompetence.

If anyone asks me which team I support now I tell them Barcelona 😅

10 hours ago, CCB III said:

"Bottled it." 

Where else in his career can you claim the guy has "bottled it"? 

You can't point to an instance, because there isn't one. As others said on different threads, the fact he washed his hands of it a month in should tell us there's something really, really wrong at Aberdeen. 

I suspect the Yankee Doodle Fanny is something to do with it. 

Correct.

Warnock pointed out multiple issues and shortcomings throughout the club to Cormack.

Cormack being the ego-driven, incompetent child clown that he is, didn't take anything on board, instead threw a hissy fit.

Warnock, absolutely rightly came to the conclusion he could not work with such a fucking gluepot simpleton, and walks.

That's what happened.

And every single thing we know about that prick Dave Cormack 100% points to this.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Dildo 1
39 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Alan Nixon got a story up tomorrow about Aberdeen. Would imagine to do with the next manager

I had hoped we would hear something and a man in place Monday morning but was told to expect it to drag on well into international break. It would just be like us to appoint a manager on last day of break. 

11 minutes ago, slippers said:

I had hoped we would hear something and a man in place Monday morning but was told to expect it to drag on well into international break. It would just be like us to appoint a manager on last day of break. 

Aye no doubt, given club initial statement when Warnock left was we were at "advanced stages" and then a few days later said we're doing interviews this week, shambles

9 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Yep.

Been saying it over and over but they club need to be “scouting” coaching prospects all the time. 

When we end up looking for a new manager they should already have some idea based on a decent knowledge of coaches who are impressing and they’ve kept an eye one.

This aspect of the club is absolutely amateurish.