Next Manager

10 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Cormack is a lot of things but that’s drivel. He’s poured his money down the drain with the club.

Where’s the evidence for that? We’re continually posting a loss which is only being covered by player sales 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Where’s the evidence for that? We’re continually posting a loss which is only being covered by player sales 

“There is about £16.2 million that has come into the club, £1.4 million to the trust itself, about £9.2 million of that is from my family and the balance between that is from Atlanta, Tom and Roger."

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/11/25/dave-cormack-we-have-brought-in-some-smart-guys/

And that was nearly 5 years ago

4 hours ago, Russell said:

“There is about £16.2 million that has come into the club, £1.4 million to the trust itself, about £9.2 million of that is from my family and the balance between that is from Atlanta, Tom and Roger."

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/11/25/dave-cormack-we-have-brought-in-some-smart-guys/

And that was nearly 5 years ago

If true, then there's the argument against money equalling influence. Putting in a shed load of money and putting us in the precarious position doesn't gel.

Of course the money is welcome. The fuck up he's produced is not. Money should be no strings attached. Or don't bother 

7 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Jimmy Thelium says there hasn't been any contact.

I definitely won't be accepting any of the shite Neils and other losers that the press are touting if we don't even bother to speak to this guy.

As noted above, he didn't rule us out.

Let me explain what I meant by "it's what he didn't say more than what he did say". It means he didn't rule out coming to Aberdeen. He left that door wide open. He only said that there hadn't been contact. Given that he is currently under contract unless we asked Elfsborg for permission to speak with him he's bound to deny having spoken with us. 

I'm very, very confident if he gets the right assurances from Cormack that he'll be our new manager. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Let me explain what I meant by "it's what he didn't say more than what he did say". It means he didn't rule out coming to Aberdeen. He left that door wide open. He only said that there hadn't been contact. Given that he is currently under contract unless we asked Elfsborg for permission to speak with him he's bound to deny having spoken with us. 

I'm very, very confident if he gets the right assurances from Cormack that he'll be our new manager. 

I see a problem in your hypothesis 

7 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

HIs post just says "O'Neil is on Aberdeen wish list"

Dont have his patreon so not sure if there is any further details on this

Apparently there was another article saying Warnock is getting a championship job and lining up junior hoilett

Although I too don’t have his patreon so don’t know if it’s true 

6 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Apparently there was another article saying Warnock is getting a championship job and lining up junior hoilett

Warnock was linked with Stoke yesterday 

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

If true, then there's the argument against money equalling influence. Putting in a shed load of money and putting us in the precarious position doesn't gel.

Of course the money is welcome. The fuck up he's produced is not. Money should be no strings attached. Or don't bother 

Yeah we were actually getting better results when we had Milne Mcinnes and Considine and no Cormack Park....amazing that cash hasn't made any improvement..

10 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Not sure how he can lining up Hoilett considering the window is closed and Hoilett is under contract. Even if he left now he still couldn't play for another team. 

Unless he's meaning for next season of course. 

6 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Not sure how he can lining up Hoilett considering the window is closed and Hoilett is under contract. Even if he left now he still couldn't play for another team. 

Unless he's meaning for next season of course. 

Those were my exact thoughts when I saw it

23 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

For all his faults I'm sure he's more than capable of spinning a good yarn and promising the world.

Time to get out the plastic horned helmets. Jimmy is inbound. 

If correct, I would take back a fair bit I’ve said about the board 

I think it would be a great appointment 

As it stands, I am still cynical as fuck 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Those were my exact thoughts when I saw it

The article in question says "warnock on standy for return" so would've assumed it's somehwere he's managed or played before

Nixon also saying contact been made with Thelin

Jimmy Thelin is the only name that gets 99% on board. The rest are bland and/or divisive. 

I would hope we at least open communication with the guy and see what he actually feels. 

I could get Neil but the rest of names are turgid as the fitba they present. 

27 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Yeah we were actually getting better results when we had Milne Mcinnes and Considine and no Cormack Park....amazing that cash hasn't made any improvement..

For a small part of that cunts tenure, the rest has been a disaster. 

• Like 1

Jimmy Thelin has been made relevant to several European clubs.

Earlier this week, there was information that the Elfsborgs coach is relevant for long-standing Aberdeen, now he is speaking out.

- As usual, I focus on where I am now and don't think about anything else, he says to the Football Channel.

Jimmy Thelin has in recent years been placed in a bunch of different European clubs.

Already about a year ago, there were reports of interest from the long-standing Scottish club Aberdeen, but Thelin then remained in Borås.

Now the rumors about Aberdeen have gained momentum again and the majority of the media places Thelin in the Scottish club.  Now the coach, who earlier this year extended his contract with IF Elfsborg, is speaking out.

- It is information in the media, I have nothing to say about it actually.  I feel good here and my focus is here, he tells Fotbollskanalen.

Thelin's new contract with Elfsborg extends over 2026.

We really need a manager who has a track record of being able to galvanise a club. Someone who has had success as well as failures. McInnes obviously has those qualities, although he was a spent force at the end for us and had to go, Robinson has obviously got the same ilk. Lennon's Celtic would still have been successful without a manager. So I'm not so sure on his attributes especially after Hibs. Neil has had success but there is just something about his demeaner that worries me. A dour almost depressed state. Maybe Someone like Thelin who we really know very little about is the reason most would prefer him.

13 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

Jimmy Thelin has been made relevant to several European clubs.

Earlier this week, there was information that the Elfsborgs coach is relevant for long-standing Aberdeen, now he is speaking out.

- As usual, I focus on where I am now and don't think about anything else, he says to the Football Channel.

Jimmy Thelin has in recent years been placed in a bunch of different European clubs.

Already about a year ago, there were reports of interest from the long-standing Scottish club Aberdeen, but Thelin then remained in Borås.

Now the rumors about Aberdeen have gained momentum again and the majority of the media places Thelin in the Scottish club.  Now the coach, who earlier this year extended his contract with IF Elfsborg, is speaking out.

- It is information in the media, I have nothing to say about it actually.  I feel good here and my focus is here, he tells Fotbollskanalen.

Thelin's new contract with Elfsborg extends over 2026.

We're already aware of all that and none of it stands in the way of him coming to Pittodrie. If he had said "I have absolutely no interest in going to Aberdeen" to the media then that would be something else but he didn't. He clearly left the door wide open. We'll have to break the bank to land him but I think this will be Cormack's last throw of the dice and he'll go for it. Victory of Valhalla or 'a hail mary pass' to use some of his yank lingo. 

Absolutely no insider knowledge but I'm convinced he'll be our next manager. 

• Thanks 2