Next Manager

5 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

33% win rate in his last job. Fantastic.

There's more to football than going off of win rates.  Derek McInnes had a win rate of 27% at Bristol City then came here and done pretty well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Just now, DeltaRay1903 said:

He's just another boring conveyor belt Scottish coach that's steeped in sectarian shite and deference to two Glasgow based clubs. We need to go to Europe. Get a man who hasn't been poisoned by that shite. 

Your actually speaking shite,he has stated about managing doon south is good to get away from the  bigots and bringing up his kids in the West coast environment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, minijc said:

There's more to football than going off of win rates.  Derek McInnes had a win rate of 27% at Bristol City then came here and done pretty well.

The parallels with McInnes are many. Alex Neil coming back north to salvage AFC's reputation. 

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Don't try and rewrite history. He's shite as well. A hun that only won ONE trophy despite us being one of only two big budget clubs in the league for much of his tenure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Dildo 3
1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Would have preferred someone a bit different like Thielen, but lets be serious Alex Neil is at worst competent and streets ahead of all Cormack's permanent managerial appointments to date 

What is competent about getting binned for being a failure at three of the clubs you've managed? 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

The parallels with McInnes are many. Alex Neil coming back north to salvage AFC's reputation. 

I will get behind whoever becomes our manager - 100%.
What we need now is stability and patience. 
If it is Alex Neil he has the experience that we need at this time. He also had a reputation for developing youth at Hamilton with many going on to very successful careers in England. 
I hope the club and the fans give the manager time to develop his own team/ style of play. 

1 minute ago, G man said:

If it is Alex Neil he has the experience that we need at this time. He also had a reputation for developing youth at Hamilton with many going on to very successful careers in England. 
I hope the club and the fans give the manager time to develop his own team/ style of play. 

How long we talking?  6 months?  6 years?

1 minute ago, G man said:

I thought the club had a style of play and football philosophy that transcends managers.

Just now, Dunty said:

What is competent about getting binned for being a failure at three of the clubs you've managed? 

Not many managers around who haven't been binned,and he walked away from Sunderland..His record with Championship sides stands up against most,Gary Rowett just gone in as caretaker at Birmingham,Gary Monk in at Cambridge,the list is endless,even some of the big names like Rafa have been sacked a few times,it's not always down to performances. 

Just now, Torry Tosser said:

Not many managers around who haven't been binned,and he walked away from Sunderland..His record with Championship sides stands up against most,Gary Rowett just gone in as caretaker at Birmingham,Gary Monk in at Cambridge,the list is endless,even some of the big names like Rafa have been sacked a few times,it's not always down to performances. 

He's been sacked three times in his last four jobs for being a failure. That's the facts. 

If that's the best we can get then what's the point? Show a bit of ambition ffs.

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 2

Neil is available now,free and a steadying appointment if it comes to pass. 

Thelin or someone with a reputation for playing and being able to coach the way we have seen in small measures,on the ball and front foot,would be ma own preference. However we are would suggest it unlikely we can coax a Thelin out a good job the noo. 

At least its not as divisive as a Lennon. 

Just now, Dunty said:

He's been sacked three times in his last four jobs for being a failure. That's the facts. 

If that's the best we can get then what's the point? Show a bit of ambition ffs.

Your living in cuckoo land.

The state of us,who do you think is going to want to come here.?

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

"One of two big budgets" Comparing celtics to ours? 🤣 🤣 

Plus Rangers weren't in our league for HALF his tenure. But they were still in the cups with a budget bigger than ours.

Hibs/Hearts still similar budgets.

If it's Neil and I'm not sure it is, then what you can say is he's coming here like Derek did with something to prove, if we got 3 seasons out of him and the club progressed then I'd be happy if he went back to England, but to do that he needs to make us good again. 

2 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Did a good job at Hamilton when he first became a manager.

Did a good job at Norwich overall, a promotion to the premiership and wasn't miles off keeping them up either.

He lasted 4 years at Preston, so clearly wasn't a complete failure there. A perennial mid-table nothing club that unsurprisingly achieved not much while he was there.

Got Sunderland (an even bigger basket case of a club than us in recent years) promoted. Didn't get binned from their either, he left to join Stoke.

Was shite at Stoke by all accounts.

1 minute ago, Dandys1983 said:

If it's Neil and I'm not sure it is, then what you can say is he's coming here like Derek did with something to prove, if we got 3 seasons out of him and the club progressed then I'd be happy if he went back to England, but to do that he needs to make us good again. 

newFile.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Plus Rangers weren't in our league for HALF his tenure. But they were still in the cups with a budget bigger than ours.

Hibs/Hearts still similar budgets.

Sevco were utter garbage despite their bigger budget.

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Pretty mental if we have taken 6 weeks to appoint someone like Neil. Surely not?

It does make a mockery of spending however many tens (hundreds?) of thousands on this review and getting assistance identifying managerial candidates just to appoint a manager who's name has been linked every time we've been looking for a new manager under Cormack anyway

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, slippers said:

Pretty mental if we have taken 6 weeks to appoint someone like Neil. Surely not?

I'll ask you the same question.

Who do you think is going to come here,of all them not in a job Neil is way up the list,or would you prefer Lennon?.

Hold on Iv'e just heard that half of the managers in the EPL are interested in coming here,Pep G for one.😅😅😅