Next Manager

2 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

It does make a mockery of spending however many tens (hundreds?) of thousands on this review and getting assistance identifying managerial candidates just to appoint a manager who's name has been linked every time we've been looking for a new manager under Cormack anyway

The review was a back slapping opportunity and nothing else.

1 minute ago, Torry Tosser said:

I'll ask you the same question.

Who do you think is going to come here,of all them not in a job Neil is way up the list,or would you prefer Lennon?.

Hold on Iv'e just heard that half of the managers in the EPL are interested in coming here,Pep G for one.😅😅😅

Yeh because the next level up from Alex Neil is Pep Guardiola. There's no in-between.

Fucking hell. "Let's just appoint Neil cos no-one else will want us".

6 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

I'll ask you the same question.

Who do you think is going to come here,of all them not in a job Neil is way up the list,or would you prefer Lennon?.

Hold on Iv'e just heard that half of the managers in the EPL are interested in coming here,Pep G for one.😅😅😅

He'll have to if he wants to be remembered as up there with Fergie..... 😄

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Dunty said:

Yeh because the next level up from Alex Neil is Pep Guardiola. There's no in-between.

Fucking hell. "Let's just appoint Neil cos no-one else will want us".

The Pep quote was a joke.

Come on then who is available that you want,you haven't got a clue have you really,just going doon the foreign manager posts when you actually havent got a clue who half of them are.

Rafa is at Cormack Park now.🤣

6 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

It does make a mockery of spending however many tens (hundreds?) of thousands on this review and getting assistance identifying managerial candidates just to appoint a manager who's name has been linked every time we've been looking for a new manager under Cormack anyway

We could have saved them a lot of cash, someone could have just sent them the link to this thread for names.

Then again, sending this thread to someone to read through could be constituted as some sort of mental torture. 

5 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

If we haven't got someone in place by the end of this international break then (even more) serious questions need to be asked how this club is being run.

Indeed, I think its clear the club is a shambles currently and these reviews etc are just treading water / trying to create an impression that something is being done.

3 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

The Pep quote was a joke.

Come on then who is available that you want,you haven't got a clue have you really,just going doon the foreign manager posts when you actually havent got a clue who half of them are.

Rafa is at Cormack Park now.🤣

Is that your stock reply? "If you don't want Alex Neil then you don't have a clue"?

4 minutes ago, RedArrow said:

We could have saved them a lot of cash, someone could have just sent them the link to this thread for names.

Then again, sending this thread to someone to read through could be constituted as some sort of mental torture. 

Would love to see which names the board would pick out of the hundreds mentioned in this thread as potentially viable candidates.

Neil Lennon, Derek Adams, Jack Ross etc...

Been some absolutely horrific shouts made in this thread

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, slippers said:

Think the 3 rumoured in running have all been mentioned on here. See what pans out. 

The five names I've seen most closely (or regularly) linked that seem at least plausible are Lennon, Lambert, Neil, O'Neill, and Thelin.  I could chuck Robinson in there to make it six, but I haven't seen his name mentioned in a while, so I'm assuming it's going to be one of those five, unless it's someone most of us have never heard of.

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Would love to see which names the board would pick out of the hundreds mentioned in this thread as potentially viable candidates.

Neil Lennon, Derek Adams, Jack Ross etc...

Been some absolutely horrific shouts made in this thread

Did you deliberately miss out McInnes?

4 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Is that your stock reply? "If you don't want Alex Neil then you don't have a clue"?

And another thing Iv'e stated that Neil would be one of the best that are available,not championed him to be the manager.

So I'll ask you again the state the club is in,who do you think is going to come here.

Like I've stated you haven't got a clue have you,just got a bee in your bonnet that you dinna want Neil..That's your perogative. 

So bye bye.

• Upvote 1

If we choose Alex Neil who was available before Leven was appointed, before Warnock was appointed and before Leven was appointed again it would sum up our incompetence.

No comment on Neil's ability here but just that he was available 11 games ago 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Its funny isn't it. People who say we need "ambition" can never name a coach who is realistic and is suitably ambitious for the standards they claim to have.

For where we are as a club, if it is to be Alex Neil he has the experience we need. Sad that people are trying to trash him even when all we have is rumours. Always amazes me that certain folk when they do not like the name of a possible manager try and link them to the Govan mob. I really do not care what football background they have , far more interested in what they do in the future rather than any so called links of the past .

• Upvote 1