Next Manager

4 minutes ago, Dunty said:

🚨Dons closing in on appointment of a new permanent manager this week with Alex Neil, Jimmy Thelin and Uwe Rosler believed to be the final three candidates 🚨

Fae Haraldur on X

She kens fuck all, likely read it on here

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dunty said:

🚨Dons closing in on appointment of a new permanent manager this week with Alex Neil, Jimmy Thelin and Uwe Rosler believed to be the final three candidates 🚨

Fae Haraldur on X

1 minute ago, Dunty said:

Been correct few times to be fair. More often than Mini

Hahahaha absolutely superb.

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, G man said:

For where we are as a club, if it is to be Alex Neil he has the experience we need. Sad that people are trying to trash him even when all we have is rumours. Always amazes me that certain folk when they do not like the name of a possible manager try and link them to the Govan mob. I really do not care what football background they have , far more interested in what they do in the future rather than any so called links of the past .

Pretty sure Neils from the other half of the arse 

Just now, Tommy said:

Did you deliberately miss out McInnes?

No. I was meaning some suggestions have been for managers who are just really poor managers.

McInnes is not a poor manager. Had us more or less where we should have been for 95% of his time in charge and has Killie punching above their weight.

And no I don't want him back before someone starts that pointless debate for the thousandth time.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Fae Haraldur on X

Did the club not come out not too long ago and tell everyone that Haraldur speaks a load of bollocks most of the time on twitter or something?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, G man said:

Sad that people are trying to trash him even when all we have is rumours.

I think that folk are just desperate for a bit of hope; and for many, Alex Neil, competent though he may be, just doesn't really represent the change that many feel we need, in the midst of what we've seen during Cormack's loose-tongued tenure.

I am not personally convinced that it is going to be Alex Neil.

3 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Did the club not come out not too long ago and tell everyone that Haraldur speaks a load of bollocks most of the time on twitter or something?

Shes been called out by Cormack, Scott Burns and probably others

2 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I think that folk are just desperate for a bit of hope; and for many, Alex Neil, competent though he may be, just doesn't really represent the change that many feel we need, in the midst of what we've seen during Cormack's loose-tongued tenure.

I am not personally convinced that it is going to be Alex Neil.

Which is absolutely fine. 

However, I think some are underestimating the image problem at the club just now (entirely self inflicted) which may well impact on their ability to attract a candidate that they (and we) would like. 

Particularly when we are hoping for an upwardly mobile appointment who is likely to be currently in work. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

However, I think some are underestimating the image problem at the club just now (entirely self inflicted) which may well impact on their ability to attract a candidate that they (and we) would like. 

It's fair comment but I also think the opposite is true.  There is alot of hysteria and hyperbole which is overstating things too.

When any club is looking for a manager it is normally because they are on a poor run.  So we keep hearing about how good some of our players are.  We shouldn't underestimate the mindset of any up and coming manager looking for the opportunity to work with better players with a bigger budget. If the ambition is there they will have the confidence within themselves to take it on. If they don't want it, they're not for us.

This is of course a positive spin, but people that are not associated with our club will be unlikely to be as close and emotional to the problem as what many of us are.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

It's fair comment but I also think the opposite is true.  There is alot of hysteria and hyperbole which is overstating things too.

When any club is looking for a manager it is normally because they are on a poor run.  So we keep hearing about how good some of our players are.  We shouldn't underestimate the mindset of any up and coming manager looking for the opportunity to work with better players with a bigger budget. If the ambition is there they will have the confidence within themselves to take it on. If they don't want it, they're not for us.

This is of course a positive spin, but people that are not associated with our club will be unlikely to be as close and emotional to the problem as what many of us are.

Yeah I can accept that viewpoint too. 

I feel that it's not just the current poor situation that will be taken into consideration though, it's the track record over the last 3 years. If I was an up and coming manager I'd be looking very closely at my potential employers regardless of wage and my personal self confidence 

I’ll say it again, if people are genuinely turning their nose up at Alex Neil, then you have really buried your head in the sand these last few years in terms of how far our stock has fallen 

It would be a good appointment in terms of where we are at the moment 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
22 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we choose Alex Neil who was available before Leven was appointed, before Warnock was appointed and before Leven was appointed again it would sum up our incompetence.

No comment on Neil's ability here but just that he was available 11 games ago 

I imagine it's because Neil would rightfully only be interested in a long term position. The club openly said it wanted to take stock before appointing the next long term manager. 

Now that Warnock caught them with their cocks out, we're appointing a long term manager a few months ahead of schedule. 

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I’ll say it again, if people are genuinely turning their nose up at Alex Neil, then you have really buried your head in the sand these last few years in terms of how far our stock has fallen 

It would be a good appointment in terms of where we are at the moment 

Someone with Neil's track record would've been a good appointment at any time. 

• Dildo 1