Next Manager

32 minutes ago, Dunty said:

🚨Dons closing in on appointment of a new permanent manager this week with Alex Neil, Jimmy Thelin and Uwe Rosler believed to be the final three candidates 🚨

Fae Haraldur on X

The Dandy Dons of Aberdeen on Facebook also saying the same. One from reading back posts on here and then copied by the other 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Samac92 said:

Alec Neil would fuck off back to England at the first opportunity. Avoid.

Doesn’t matter who we appoint they will fuck of to England at the first opportunity if they do well so no point worrying about that 

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

It does make a mockery of spending however many tens (hundreds?) of thousands on this review and getting assistance identifying managerial candidates just to appoint a manager who's name has been linked every time we've been looking for a new manager under Cormack anyway

Aye but you’re forgetting, the report validated a lot of the practices already in place, so paid for itself already

3 minutes ago, keigy1983 said:

nearly every thread on here gets copy and pasted onto that FB page, don't think there's ever been one post they have actually thought of for themselves 

nearly every thread on here gets copy and pasted onto that FB page, don't think there's ever been one post they have actually thought of for themselves 

Sorry, that was for my facebook page 🤣

• Haha 1

We all know Neil will jump ship as sooner as a better offer comes in from down south, but don't think the Thelin and Rosler won't either. They all consider us as a stepping stone to a bigger job if they do well. Which ever of the 3 of them gets the job will also be flirting with every championship team that requires a manager. We've just got to hope the board have actually learnt something from this and have contingency plans for when they leave in 18 months time.

Neil would at least having something to prove and need to do well to enhance his long term prospects, a bit like McInnes when he came to us having failed down south. The downside is the only reason he’s within reach is due to failing in England (repeatedly) but that’s where we are with that type of appointment. 

I wouldn’t be thrilled with it but we could do worse, a competent manager would be a massive step up from the last few appointments.

4 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

We all know Neil will jump ship as sooner as a better offer comes in from down south, but don't think the Thelin and Rosler won't either. They all consider us as a stepping stone to a bigger job if they do well. Which ever of the 3 of them gets the job will also be flirting with every championship team that requires a manager. We've just got to hope the board have actually learnt something from this and have contingency plans for when they leave in 18 months time.

A second manager in our long history to leave us for a higher paying job? It'll never happen in this generation

5 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

Love this angle

So, what, it's better to not get a manager who does well enough to be wanted by a bigger club?

Superb 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

Agree with all that, but it would be a nice change if someone left after 18 months due to being successful rather than us sacking them 

1 minute ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Have to say the club have done awfy well in keeping everything under wraps.  Not a murmur or morsel who has even been interviewed for certain. 

Probably because we haven't got round to interviewing anyone yet, such is the clubs level of incompetence just now

3 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Have to say the club have done awfy well in keeping everything under wraps.  Not a murmur or morsel who has even been interviewed for certain. 

Yeah, makes you think all these rumours are probably miles off 😂

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Love this angle

So, what, it's better to not get a manager who does well enough to be wanted by a bigger club?

Superb 

Missed the point here completely MT. The point I'm making is we are a stepping stone to bigger things for these guys and I doubt the board will understand that until its too late. 

For what it's worth, I think all three would be decent appointments. 

Wish people would stop going on about how great Alex Neil's track record is. He over achieved with Hamilton for half a season in the Scottish Premier and had 2 seasons with Norwich and Sunderland that he got them promotion via playoffs after taking over in January/February with them both already in a good position in the league. So 3 semi decent half seasons in 10 years as a manager, other than that he's been nothing special at all.

He'd be a completely uninspiring appointment by the FMB, as such welcome aboard Alex.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

Missed the point here completely MT. The point I'm making is we are a stepping stone to bigger things for these guys and I doubt the board will understand that until its too late. 

For what it's worth, I think all three would be decent appointments. 

Surely we’re a stepping stone for any manager then?

3 minutes ago, Dunty said:

"M

Which is the case with every failed manager. Why is that seen as some sort of positive?

He can’t bounce when the going got tough the same way a young foreign manager on an upward trend could. Not saying I would prefer someone that has failed to come in, but they would have “skin in the game” and it would be as important to them as it was us. 

3 hours ago, macman said:

I live close to Joe Savage (Hearts Sporting Director) who knows Alex Neil well from their time working together at Preston and Norwich.

I was speaking to him when Warnock was announced and asked if Neil was in the frame/would be interested. He said he's been on 6 figure salaries down south and doubted we could even afford him....even if he was interested, which he probably isn't. 

He’s not earning at the mo, so 6 figures is better than nothing…

7 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

He can’t bounce when the going got tough the same way a young foreign manager on an upward trend could. Not saying I would prefer someone that has failed to come in, but they would have “skin in the game” and it would be as important to them as it was us. 

Let's give the job to Jim Goodwin then when Dundee United sack him.

Would have a point to prove, knows the club, likely to have a second promotion on his record by the end of the season, etc.

• Confused 1
  • Dildo 1