Next Manager

Just now, Donmacca said:

We probably are. Any ambitious player or manager probably don't see a move to us as the pinnacle of their career anymore.

I'm fine with that. Ange Postecoglou and Brendan Rodgers felt the same about Celtic, and Philippe Clement is future  Newcastle manager material.

15 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Wish people would stop going on about how great Alex Neil's track record is. He over achieved with Hamilton for half a season in the Scottish Premier and had 2 seasons with Norwich and Sunderland that he got them promotion via playoffs after taking over in January/February with them both already in a good position in the league. So 3 semi decent half seasons in 10 years as a manager, other than that he's been nothing special at all.

He'd be a completely uninspiring appointment by the FMB, as such welcome aboard Alex.

Meeting expectations, Zero. 

Something none of our latest managers have been able to do. 

That's the game. 

4 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Let's give the job to Jim Goodwin then when Dundee United sack him.

Would have a point to prove, knows the club, likely to have a second promotion on his record by the end of the season, etc.

At no point did I say it was a criteria that should determine who we appointed, in fact I explicitly said I’m not saying we should appoint someone because they have failed. However, when the last manager fucked off at his own accord after a month, I’m not averse to the idea someone like Neil would absolutely have to get it right regardless of the shit show he would be taking over. 

I'm disgusted we've not managed to find candidates that are, at the same time; 

Young and ambitious 

Also won't leave if they are successful 

Have never been sacked by any club, ever 

Are not not a completely upward trajectory, as we know, managing Aberdeen is the dream of most when they get in to the management game 

They also must play sexy football but results are the most important thing 

Have a day off, you bunch of fucking cunts. 

Welcome to the famous Aberdeen, Alex Neil. You'll be absolutely grand, I'm sure. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1
Just now, CCB III said:

I'm disgusted we've not managed to find candidates that are, at the same time; 

Young and ambitious 

Also won't leave if they are successful 

Have never been sacked by any club, ever 

Are not not a completely upward trajectory, as we know, managing Aberdeen is the dream of most when they get in to the management game 

They also must play sexy football but results are the most important thing 

Have a day off, you bunch of fucking cunts. 

Welcome to the famous Aberdeen, Alex Neil. You'll be absolutely grand, I'm sure. 

He isn't here yet so we can still hope it's yet another bogus rumour.

If it is him he can rest assured I and many other reds hate him already. Useless hun cunt. 

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I said it and we should have. Your opinion of Aberdeen is very low if you can't agree with that statement. 

I think we should've won the Scottish Cup in 2014, given the opposition. There's no other cup we SHOULD'VE won in that time frame. We could've done better in some games. But over that period, our cup records was pretty good (compare to immediately before and after).

The argument about it being down to budgets was what was wrong though. Celtics was multiples of ours. So they SHOULD'VE won everything. The huns was multiples of us, so they should've been closer than us. 

Hibs/Hearts and us are always pretty similar, so again, we've no divine right to say we SHOULD'VE won more. 

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

Missed the point here completely MT. The point I'm making is we are a stepping stone to bigger things for these guys and I doubt the board will understand that until its too late. 

For what it's worth, I think all three would be decent appointments. 

That's the way it should be though!

4 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I think we should've won the Scottish Cup in 2014, given the opposition. There's no other cup we SHOULD'VE won in that time frame. We could've done better in some games. But over that period, our cup records was pretty good (compare to immediately before and after).

The argument about it being down to budgets was what was wrong though. Celtics was multiples of ours. So they SHOULD'VE won everything. The huns was multiples of us, so they should've been closer than us. 

Hibs/Hearts and us are always pretty similar, so again, we've no divine right to say we SHOULD'VE won more. 

We should have won more and we have the right to expect to have won more.

We're ABERDEEN.

Im staggered whenso many people don't get that. I usually put it down to people not being Aberdonians.

Where are you from?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Dunty said:

He got sacked three times to failing to meet expectations.

How many times do you need to be told?

Again, that means fuck all. Especially in England. If he was doing well over a consistent period at every club he managed, without spells of bad form, he'd be managing in the PL still. 

Your argument is retarded, I'm afraid. 

We are Aberdeen. We'll be shopping in the damaged goods aisle. Get over it. It's a very good appointment if that's who it is. 

Cry more

Just now, CCB III said:

Again, that means fuck all. Especially in England. If he was doing well over a consistent period at every club he managed, without spells of bad form, he'd be managing in the PL still. 

We are Aberdeen. We'll be shopping in the damaged goods aisle. Get over it. It's a very good appointment if that's who it is. 

Cry more

I don't cry about anything. I get angry and I lash out but I never cry.

I'm going to log off for a while before I damage something or someone. You're making me angry. 

• Haha 2
  • Dildo 1

As uninspiring as it would be I’d have no real issue with it being Alex Neil. However if the club were as forward thinking & data driven as they claim to be, I’m sure they could come up with plenty of “unknown” managers to the average punter who would do a better job. Especially if we’re using the input of this German mob. 

Hopefully it’s Thelin. Would be quite the statement of intent, I think if we don’t get him now he’ll be managing in the English championship before the summer. 

• Dildo 1
37 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Wish people would stop going on about how great Alex Neil's track record is. He over achieved with Hamilton for half a season in the Scottish Premier and had 2 seasons with Norwich and Sunderland that he got them promotion via playoffs after taking over in January/February with them both already in a good position in the league. So 3 semi decent half seasons in 10 years as a manager, other than that he's been nothing special at all.

He'd be a completely uninspiring appointment by the FMB, as such welcome aboard Alex.

You assured us all it was O'Neil. Lol

15 minutes ago, Dunty said:

He got sacked three times to failing to meet expectations.

How many times do you need to be told?

Rafa sacked 6 times Mourinho 5.

So you wouldn't want them.

Your a fuckin wind up merchant,still waiting for you to say who is coming here.😆

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Again, that means fuck all.

being a failure as a manager "means fuck all".

The loser mentality of CCB

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

We are Aberdeen. We'll be shopping in the damaged goods aisle.

Like I said, loser mentality.

Blocked.

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Cry more

The muppets are out today CCB

• Upvote 1