Next Manager

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Would still find it hard to believe the media haven’t got wind of it?

So it’s Rossler, then?

How so, if the media don't have a source in or around the deal they won't know fuck all, especially if only a handful of folk know.

I have no idea if it's Rosler, just assuming that if we are 'close' the media would be all over it if it was a British based manager.

12 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Maybe we are not close to appointing anyone and that’s why it’s not been leaked. Wouldn’t be the first time the board have lied to us. 

No one would be surprised 

45 minutes ago, minijc said:

How so, if the media don't have a source in or around the deal they won't know fuck all, especially if only a handful of folk know.

I have no idea if it's Rosler, just assuming that if we are 'close' the media would be all over it if it was a British based manager.

I know the media, especially the Scottish media, are largely a waste of space but the decent ones; Michael Grant, Graham Hunter, Stephen McGowan etc etc will know the identity of the new manager IF he’s been approached and then appointed, which makes me think it hasn’t happened.

In any case, Pittodrie leaks like a sieve, so Cormack couldn’t keep a lid on it

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I know the media, especially the Scottish media, are largely a waste of space but the decent ones; Michael Grant, Graham Hunter, Stephen McGowan etc etc will know the identity of the new manager IF he’s been approached and then appointed, which makes me think it hasn’t happened.

In any case, Pittodrie leaks like a sieve, so Cormack couldn’t keep a lid on it

Two of those don't tend to deal in clickbait exclusive.  There have been plenty of things that the club have done in the last few years that none of the press reported on until they were done, so it is possible to keep things from them whilst feeding them some shite.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Do you have a tombola of names and you pick one each morning! Tiresome 

We should still have the one that Calderwood used to pick the team and formations, as I think Robson used it on several occasions this season!

Just now, Iraq_Red said:

We should still have the one that Calderwood used to pick the team and formations, as I think Robson used it on several occasions this season!

sadly Big Neilski Warnock broke it 😢

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Two of those don't tend to deal in clickbait exclusive.  There have been plenty of things that the club have done in the last few years that none of the press reported on until they were done, so it is possible to keep things from them whilst feeding them some shite.

If they knew I'd assume they'd report it. It's kind of their job.

3 hours ago, minijc said:

Which could mean that they have a foreign manager ready to go, just waiting for visa/permit to be cleared.

Just back from Kings Links and there wasn't much going at Pittodrie. 

However agree with the foreign manager vibes. Uwe Rosler may be at Cormack Park as we speak??

I would be shocked if it was Robinson, no way we have waited this long to suddenly go for another St Mirren manager. I get the link with Alan Burrows, but it would have surely been linked by now if he had been spoken to.

He is the best option from our current league and for me is a better option than Lennon, but it just doesn't fit what has been reported in the media. For me it must be a foreign appointment and that's why there is little to no leaks.