Next Manager

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Apparently it hasn't been a bona-fide technical director role though

Imagine it’s more of a real job than we invisage him doing here though. Sit beside Steven Gunn so the angry fans stop shouting at him.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If Darren Fletcher thought coming to afc was a good idea im sure his agent, bank manager, wife, cleaner or anyone else would tell him to wise the fuck up

Fletcher is very wary of taking a managers job as he knows how quickly things can go bad, so he would only take the right job at the right time but he does want to manage at some point.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, minijc said:

Fletcher is very wary of taking a managers job as he knows how quickly things can go bad, so he would only take the right job at the right time but he does want to manage at some point.

Cheers Darren 

I know nothing about his recent performance in whatever the fuck his job was but on the surface - ManU and international experience, decent player, key position - that’s the kind of appointment I’d have liked to join a settled experienced manager doing relatively well.

So there’s 3 reasons why it’s a really really bad idea just now.

1 minute ago, Bridgeofdondon said:

Fairly young for a manager,  although he retired from playing at 23

True, but he fits within the usual preferred candidate's age range that DC appoints (bar, of course, Warnout). 

St. Pauli haven't been in the Bundesliga 1 for several seasons IIRC so, because off how well he is doing currently,  I presume he has attracted the attention of Cormack. 

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

True, but he fits within the usual preferred candidate's age range that DC appoints (bar, of course, Warnout). 

St. Pauli haven't been in the Bundesliga 1 for several seasons IIRC so, because off how well he is doing currently,  I presume he has attracted the attention of Cormack. 

Seems to have had a few jobs at least,  been at it longer than his age suggests, seems to on the up trajectory wise too

1 minute ago, Bridgeofdondon said:

Seems to have had a few jobs at least,  been at it longer than his age suggests, seems to on the up trajectory wise too

He certainly is. 

He has had a very good start/foundation to his coaching career and it hasn't just been laid on a plate for him either as he's worked hard to get to where he is at present it seems.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Darren Fletcher will probably be out on his arse/demoted at Man U with Jim Ratcliffe coming in with his new broom. 

He's expected to move over to the youth side, though I guess things change, but will 100% be moving from his current post.

43 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Cormack wouldn’t be dumb enough to take in another rookie manager…. Would he?

Cormack is just bursting at the fucking seams to show the world his dynamic chairmaning genius, and in his mind the way to do it is to appoint the weirdest, most obscure, left field manager that he can find. 

I hope and believe that he'll go for proven experience, but Cormack loves to pander to the fuckwits in our support...and there are plenty who would gladly accept a Bulgarian 3rd division manager rather than Alex Neil, simply because he has an exotic name. 

2 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Cormack is just bursting at the fucking seams to show the world his dynamic chairmaning genius, and in his mind the way to do it is to appoint the weirdest, most obscure, left field manager that he can find. 

I hope and believe that he'll go for proven experience, but Cormack loves to pander to the fuckwits in our support...and there are plenty who would gladly accept a Bulgarian 3rd division manager rather than Alex Neil, simply because he has an exotic name. 

What are Kiriakov and Tsvetanov up to these days?

19 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

If he has a 60% win rate in said division