Next Manager

Just now, MainStandDon said:

Darren Ferguson has officially agreed terms. Peterborough gave permission to speak to him but it will be announced once compensation has been agreed, which won’t be an issue. Most likely agreed and announced Monday now. 

Riots

14 minutes ago, MainStandDon said:

Darren Ferguson has officially agreed terms. Peterborough gave permission to speak to him but it will be announced once compensation has been agreed, which won’t be an issue. Most likely agreed and announced Monday now. 

No.

37 minutes ago, MainStandDon said:

Peterborough are in the Play offs, sitting in fourth and some predict they will rise up the table to get automatic promotion to the Championship.

They are also in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy Final at Wembley in about two weeks time 

Would he really give that up to come to Aberdeen, with where we are currently sitting in the league? 

I doubt it...

4 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

Peterborough are in the Play offs, sitting in fourth and some predict they will rise up the table to get automatic promotion to the Championship.

They are also in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy Final at Wembley in about two weeks time 

Would he really give that up to come to Aberdeen, with where we are currently sitting in the league? 

I doubt it...

I’ve no idea if it’s true or not, but he’s been a pretty regular source previously and Ferguson is in Aberdeen city.

3 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Richard Gordon says the new Aberdeen manager must have knowledge of Scottish football. Much like Jim Goodwin for example of whom I seem to recall Gordon saying he had no doubt would be a great success at Pittodrie 

It's such a nonsense line that "must have knowledge of Scottish Football".

So because we're not 1 of the cheeks we have to conform with the Largs merry-go-round while they can appoint an overseas manager and it's hailed as a "great appointment".

Just shite/lazy journalism

• Upvote 6

Aye. There are 11 other teams and most of them pretty much play the same way. 

You'd be able to watch all the other teams within 2 or 3 weeks of being in the job. 

Any manager with the slightest gumption would 'get' Scottish football pretty quickly, it's a tiny goldfish bowl 

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

So because we're not 1 of the cheeks we have to conform with the Largs merry-go-round while they can appoint an overseas manager and it's hailed as a "great appointment".

Agreed. I can see why some think an overseas appointment is more of a risk in our current situation given there's more of an unknown about it and if we get it wrong we could go down. But of the candidates that have knowledge of Scottish football (Lennon,Neil, Robinson) two of those for me look very short-termist. I could just about get on board with Neil.

No matter where they come from what we need is someone who can come in and galvanise a club, not just the squad - someone with a track record of taking a team from the bottom to competing at the top - regardless of where they arrive from.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

That right fucking there is it! I hate these journo pricks with their insular horseshit about needing a Scottish buddy to manage unless its the uglies then its magical having a non-Scot. Ugh. Christ I hate the media there...

13 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

It should be Jacob Friis. Did a good job at Viborg and is now assistant manager to Jess Thorup (who I think we've approached previously) at Augsburg.

I'd rather go for the main man. With a name like Jess, it's written in the stars.

7 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

I doubt it...

I’m not saying the rumour is true but Aberdeen are an infinitely bigger club than Peterborough 

• Upvote 1

We're not hearing any REAL rumours with regard the next manager because there is nothing to report meantime. 

The FMB's main man is reportedly sunning himself in the Cayman Islands, with his normal egotistic, arrogant attitude, hoping that Leven manages a result against County so that it brings some more time for Cormack to identify a manager who's foolish enough to work with his ways.

The external review and the "appointment well advanced" comments are both smokescreens. 

The club are pulling our plonkers, again, and it would appear that the appointment we crave ain't happening anytime soon.