Next Manager

43 minutes ago, Redread said:

Stephen Robinson ready to be announced today as new Aberdeen boss.

A big compensation deal agreed with St.Mirren as Robinson gets ready to start his 3.5 year deal at the Pittodrie club.

The German firm who ran an extensive overview throughout Aberdeen had identified Robinson amongst a list of names as a candidate with strong credentials for the job. 

Alan Burrows was key to these negotiations and his involvement and influence helped clinch the deal as Aberdeen look forward to a brighter future with the Nothern Irish boss at the helm. 

3’s a charm 

43 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

It's such a nonsense line that "must have knowledge of Scottish Football".

So because we're not 1 of the cheeks we have to conform with the Largs merry-go-round while they can appoint an overseas manager and it's hailed as a "great appointment".

Just shite/lazy journalism

I suppose the only issue with a foreign manager is they actually want to “play” a football style of game! And have little knowledge of the players we have recruited and that they can’t actually play “football “.  A guy who knows Scottish football knows this already 

8 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I suppose the only issue with a foreign manager is they actually want to “play” a football style of game! And have little knowledge of the players we have recruited and that they can’t actually play “football “.  A guy who knows Scottish football knows this already 

This is what the media/Scottish Football want

Appoint a manager with a background in Scottish football who doesn't have the knowledge and capabilities to play a style of football other than kick and rush. Can't have us playing attacking football and taking the limelight away from the gruesome twosome.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, starryfish said:

Richard Gordon says the new Aberdeen manager must have knowledge of Scottish football. Much like Jim Goodwin for example of whom I seem to recall Gordon saying he had no doubt would be a great success at Pittodrie 

I disagree with this belief. 
Having a member of the coaching team with knowledge yes, that would be preferable.

Pigeon holing yourself to the Scottish football knowledge limits your options & by the looks of it, our Board are more than limited enough as it is.

Is RG effectively saying we shouldn’t even look to an English manager either? 

FFS is he basically saying, Lennon/Robinson/Neil?

Parochial nonsense IMO. 

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

This is what the media/Scottish Football want

Appoint a manager with a background in Scottish football who doesn't have the knowledge and capabilities to play a style of football other than kick and rush. Can't have us playing attacking football and taking the limelight away from the gruesome twosome.

^^^
Utter pish

2 hours ago, starryfish said:

Richard Gordon says the new Aberdeen manager must have knowledge of Scottish football. Much like Jim Goodwin for example of whom I seem to recall Gordon saying he had no doubt would be a great success at Pittodrie 

Richard Gordon should focus on his own little club.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Kiriakov33 said:

Would like to see the criteria the German  consultants used to get Darren Ferguson  as the answer.   It would definitely be pure Cormack though. 

The consultants have not given an answer to the question "who should the next manager be?". I still can't understand how anyone would think they would have. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

The consultants have not given an answer to the question "who should the next manager be?". I still can't understand how anyone would think they would have. 

Have they not ?  I thought it was quoted that they have been heavily involved in the process.  I probably misread it.  

From inside the club - the review carried out by Bernhard Peter’s team did not identify individual targets, that was never the plan and was never going to happen. They identified the traits and the type of manager that should be employed and would be most likely to succeed. Part of that list was someone who fully understands the history of the club, amongst other stats, and experience, etc. That is why the two final candidates were Michael O’Neill having previously played for Aberdeen, and we all know Ferguson’s links/grew up in Aberdeen. O’Neill wasn’t interested and that is why the FMB have identified Darren Ferguson as their man.

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 8
16 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Have they not ?  I thought it was quoted that they have been heavily involved in the process.  I probably misread it.  

They are not a recruitment team. Why on earth would you let a recruitment company into your business and give it full access to everything and everyone? So they can go onto the next business and recommend staff they've found at the previous one? How the fuck would that work?

I’ll give Dick Gordon the benefit of the doubt and file under get us back to a comfortable 3rd and we’ll make do.

Totally get it.  Totally understand it.  Absolutely zero interest in financing it, never mind commiting time to it.

This Scottish model they’re so so desperate to protect is broken to my generation.  They’ll find the next generation harder to please and the one after that?  Well the way they’re fucking about just now that won’t be a problem for them.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, MainStandDon said:

From inside the club - the review carried out by Bernhard Peter’s team did not identify individual targets, that was never the plan and was never going to happen. They identified the traits and the type of manager that should be employed and would be most likely to succeed. Part of that list was someone who fully understands the history of the club, amongst other stats, and experience, etc. That is why the two final candidates were Michael O’Neill having previously played for Aberdeen, and we all know Ferguson’s links/grew up in Aberdeen. O’Neill wasn’t interested and that is why the FMB have identified Darren Ferguson as their man.

Hoping you have made that all up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
10 minutes ago, MainStandDon said:

please stop this! 😴

11 minutes ago, MainStandDon said:

What'a heap a'shite.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

please stop this! 😴

In fairness the bit about the review is correct. Certainly at youth review level it wasn’t about saying x coach is no good etc. I’ve no idea about managers.

13 minutes ago, MainStandDon said:

Two posts so far. Both utter shite