Next Manager

25 minutes ago, MainStandDon said:

From inside the club - the review carried out by Bernhard Peter’s team did not identify individual targets, that was never the plan and was never going to happen. They identified the traits and the type of manager that should be employed and would be most likely to succeed. Part of that list was someone who fully understands the history of the club, amongst other stats, and experience, etc. That is why the two final candidates were Michael O’Neill having previously played for Aberdeen, and we all know Ferguson’s links/grew up in Aberdeen. O’Neill wasn’t interested and that is why the FMB have identified Darren Ferguson as their man.

Aye cause O'Neill had such an incredible career and legacy as a player at the Dons he will know the club and fans inside out 😂

• Haha 2

Does anyone actually believe we will have someone appointed over the international break?

The journalism in this country is absolutely pish but I can’t remember the last time the media didn’t have a good idea on who the manager is going to be at least 3-4 days before he is appointed. Especially considering we as a club leak like a knackered fridge when it comes to things like this.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Does anyone actually believe we will have someone appointed over the international break?

The journalism in this country is absolutely pish but I can’t remember the last time the media didn’t have a good idea on who the manager is going to be at least 3-4 days before he is appointed. Especially considering we as a club leak like a knackered fridge when it comes to things like this.

Oh we'll have an appointment all right.

Aberdeen Football Club is delighted to confirm the permanent appointment of Peter Leven as Head Coach, backed up by his assistants Craig Samson and Jonny Hayes.

52 minutes ago, MainStandDon said:

From inside the club - the review carried out by Bernhard Peter’s team did not identify individual targets, that was never the plan and was never going to happen. They identified the traits and the type of manager that should be employed and would be most likely to succeed. Part of that list was someone who fully understands the history of the club, amongst other stats, and experience, etc. That is why the two final candidates were Michael O’Neill having previously played for Aberdeen, and we all know Ferguson’s links/grew up in Aberdeen. O’Neill wasn’t interested and that is why the FMB have identified Darren Ferguson as their man.

This is completely different to what i heard from someone who was with Derek Rae and in the directors box at the game against Killie. 

Report identified managers outside of the UK (Scandi and German) with specific traits. 

12 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

I fully expected us to have someone by now, so it's slightly concerning now, makes me think someone they thought they had got cold feet.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

If we were scrapping that far down the barrel a few weeks ago then ‘thank fuck’ isn’t the phrase id be using. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a statement before the County game.

Leven for the rest of the season, where we will review & source a new manager in summer, blah blah blah.

I suspect whoever we wanted has told us to bolt 

1 minute ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Would it be giving them too much credit that it may be that we’ve gone for a foreigner who has a club, so the delay is the work permit & they don’t want to announce until it’s cleared? 

Far too much credit. Get the feeling targets have turned us down. Would be no surprise, given the bosses they are expected to work with.

3 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Would it be giving them too much credit that it may be that we’ve gone for a foreigner who has a club, so the delay is the work permit & they don’t want to announce until it’s cleared? 

Surely the media on their end would have got a hold of it by now though. 

53 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

They are not a recruitment team. Why on earth would you let a recruitment company into your business and give it full access to everything and everyone? So they can go onto the next business and recommend staff they've found at the previous one? How the fuck would that work?

Eh ?  I never said they were a recruitment team.  I said they would have been involved in the process.  They may have created a profile for the role based on a number of factors then the FMB will try to identify managers who would fit.  

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, minijc said:

I fully expected us to have someone by now, so it's slightly concerning now, makes me think someone they thought they had got cold feet.

Exactly. Having decided who they want, I would have expected it to take a day or two to sort out.

So has their man looked over the past 3 years and not been given enough assurance of how things will operate going forward, and thought fuck this.

5 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

If this really was the case we would have heard something.

Aye, it would be a seriously tight ship at both ends for nothing to have come out yet.

5 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Far too much credit. Get the feeling targets have turned us down. Would be no surprise, given the bosses they are expected to work with.

It’s certainly getting to the stage where that’s looking likely. As @minijcsays above, could well be a case that they thought they’ve got their man & he’s changed his mind, so they’re now scrambling around down the shortlist.

1 hour ago, ahead on alphabet said:

They are not a recruitment team. Why on earth would you let a recruitment company into your business and give it full access to everything and everyone? So they can go onto the next business and recommend staff they've found at the previous one? How the fuck would that work?

They might go into the next club and recommend Gunner. 4D chess from gnashers 😄

• Haha 3
14 minutes ago, minijc said:

Possible they were taking too long with Thelin and he told them he couldn’t leave his club in the lurch so close to the start of their season?

Maybe he was pushing for it to be settled quickly and they fannied about assuming he would just hang on for them?

With the international break. Would presume the players had a few days off. Surely the idea was get the new manager in last week to start working Monday coming. Leading up to what is still our biggest game of the season. 

1 hour ago, ahead on alphabet said:

They wouldn't be reconmending any of our staff, thats for sure 🤣