Next Manager

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If we had someone signed up we would have appointed them by now. The club are desperate for some good news. 

Only thing I could think of is that the person they want needs a visa/work permit so we are holding off the announcement until then but then surely the media would be running with a name?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Only thing I could think of is that the person they want needs a visa/work permit so we are holding off the announcement until then but then surely the media would be running with a name?

You'd have thought there would be some leaks. 

Maybe they want to announce a technical director and a manager at the same time?  Would be too sensible though. 

7 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

If either had been sewn up we would have heard something

This is what makes me think it'll be a foreign manager, much easier to keep that quiet than if it was one of the usual names from here.

1 hour ago, Dandys1983 said:

prove it

18 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

if its the croat the rumours of the new man already being in Aberdeen dont tie in with that report?

I think he would be a class appointment, fuck Muscat, lennon and fucking Harry Potter

17 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Just get the feeling it's Leven till end of season now, but a potential announcement of a new man for next season next week. 

17 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

World class

That's not even going back 24 hours...

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You'd have thought there would be some leaks. 

Maybe they want to announce a technical director and a manager at the same time?  Would be too sensible though. 

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they aren’t even going to start looking for a TD until the manager is sorted.

4 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

That's not even going back 24 hours...

I'm not saying anything's happening, thats just my opinion that leven might get the job, but i still believe in what i was told it will be a non uk based manager,   oh ands I'm not Daisy either thats an insult

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, minijc said:

This is what makes me think it'll be a foreign manager, much easier to keep that quiet than if it was one of the usual names from here.

Agreed. Press are useless enough in this country as it is. No chance they’ll have any decent sources overseas if it’s a man from Europe.

13 minutes ago, minijc said:

That’s the hope I’m clinging to. That said, it’ll be some Austrian second division manager with 3 months experience as interim.

16 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Why are people so sure any manager with half a brain would want this job? Apart from the Cormack issue it’s hardly an exciting prospect

Surely from next season it’s a exciting project, but for the next few months it’s definitely not

4 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

We can probably pay pretty good wages in comparison to most clubs. 

To most clubs?, where?, here, cause mostly every other nation would blow us out the water with wages, fucking Plymouth would offer bigger wages than us for fucks sake.

6 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

To most clubs?, where?, here, cause mostly every other nation would blow us out the water with wages, fucking Plymouth would offer bigger wages than us for fucks sake.

How much do Plymouth pay their manager?

31 minutes ago, minijc said:

But surely media local to them would have picked it up, no? I don't think we've been doing much of anything since the "review" ended.

1 minute ago, Dynamo said:

How much do Plymouth pay their manager?

More than us, just like they could pay arnison more when he left. Do you honestly think we can pay more than MOST CLUBS like was said?.

bullshit, wee parochial backwater shitehole we have become. End of.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

But surely media local to them would have picked it up, no? I don't think we've been doing much of anything since the "review" ended.

Any journo worth his salt should be able to sniff out a story, even if it is a foreign based manager. And not have any qualms about printing it. Makes me think there is nothing to report. It’s all supposition.

Just now, sooth_stander said:

Any journo worth his salt should be able to sniff out a story, even if it is a foreign based manager. And not have any qualms about printing it. Makes me think there is nothing to report. It’s all supposition.

Exactly, I don't believe we are, or ever have been close to making an appointment. Would not be the first time the FMB have lied to us, and certainly won't be the last.

1 hour ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Eh ?  I never said they were a recruitment team.  I said they would have been involved in the process.  They may have created a profile for the role based on a number of factors then the FMB will try to identify managers who would fit.  

No that's right, I said they were not a recruitment team.

In response to you saying you "Would like to see the criteria the German  consultants used to get Darren Ferguson  as the answer". Which I think would imply they were recruitment consultants.