Next Manager

Statement to read after some very hard painstaking work done by Gunner and the FMB over the last couple of months, we are delighted to announce we have managed to secure the man top of our shortlist all along  for manager and present you Neil Lennon

1 hour ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

We can probably pay pretty good wages in comparison to most clubs. 

Comparison to most clubs in Scotland 

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Surely from next season it’s a exciting project, but for the next few months it’s definitely not

In what way? What will he exciting enough to entice a good manager?

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

To most clubs?, where?, here, cause mostly every other nation would blow us out the water with wages, fucking Plymouth would offer bigger wages than us for fucks sake.

Exactly 

1 hour ago, RedRevolution said:

To be fair to AFC, Hearts and Hibs - they have all done a decent job of trying to make the most of the opportunities available to them. But they are restricted by being in a tiny league in a tiny country. There are five times more people within a one hour drive of Manchester airport than in the whole of Scotland. Gary the twat Lineker gets paid more from Tv than the whole of Scottish Football from its TV revenues. Unless we form a British league, or some European hybrid league we are doomed to be in the bargain basement. This reorganisation of Premiership money being filtered down into the Championship and beyond in England is bad news for Scottish clubs. League Two will have significantly more money to spend than the Scottish premiership. 

Spot on. There needs to massive change 

43 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

You’re always so negative 😉

Realistic 

40 minutes ago, NEM said:

Very similar turnover to Plymouth last year. Euro cash and Ferguson sell on likely in the next set of accounts as well plus very likely big money for Miovski, Duk and Barron. One cup final appearance and at least a semi final to come, another big influx of cash from that. 

So aye we should be in a very healthy financial position despite the shite on the pitch and could quite easily pay more than Plymouth for a manager.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2223-financial-statements-submitted

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1365192/aberdeen-fc-announce-2million-increase-turnover-annual-results/

This is a total anomaly though, Miovski is the most sellable asset we have had in decades. Plus group stage European football for only the second time in what, 20 years? We could pay a lot more based on that but it would be daft to.

15 minutes ago, NEM said:

Nah they’re in the championship, got promoted last year. We could probably compete with quite a few of the clubs in the championship - your Plymouth’s, Rotherhams etc

financially yes, but lets say we get a manager those teams were competing for too, and he is "successful" with us, lets say 2 third place finishes, a cup win and we do something interesting in Europe in 3 years.

then what is the job market for that manager?

nobody in the EPHell, not the OF. id imagine a Chumpionship team would take a gamble, not your yoyo Chumionship / EPHell teams, but maybe your bristol city's, your shef wed's, maybe you sneak a sunderland or west brom but thats unlikely id have thought. 

so after a "successful" period at aberdeen you are left with more or less the same pool as you came in with. so you might as well just join them rather than us.

and ofcourse that assumes you are "successful" here. 

so i think thats important to consider. whats the upside to coming to aberdeen for a manager rather than just joining a Chumpionship team

1 hour ago, NEM said:

At one club, been hopeless anywhere else 

Peterborough seem to do the same thing every season. Start with a load of wins and goals, look good for automatic promotion, then have a disastrous slump. 

Drop out of the play off spots then go on another great run, but always fail in the end.

25 minutes ago, ab24_5qh said:

I guess there will be an updated statement on Wednesday saying the search for the correct manager continues and Leven will continue to take the team until then

It’s definitely starting to feel that way on account of zero concrete rumours 

An absolute shitshow if that comes to pass

27 minutes ago, ab24_5qh said:

I guess there will be an updated statement on Wednesday saying the search for the correct manager continues and Leven will continue to take the team until then

Yip.

Said as much earlier.

Leven in charge for a play off relegation battle doesn’t fill me with optimism. 

I suppose the flip side of that is he knows the players & vice-versa.

It’s very difficult to envisage a manager of any substance, currently in a job, coming to us in April.

Only a manager out of work & maybe a bit desperate would gamble on an 8 game sprint to avoid relegation. 
That’s the worry… Cormack panics, and appoints Lennon.

We’re a fucking shambles. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Was hoping there might be some mention of it on Sportsound but nothing, not even an acknowledgement we're looking for a manager.

Which I think backs up my point earlier; there are no rumours or stories for media outlets to report on in this regard, as nothing is imminent.

I doubt if 1st or 2nd interviews have taken place yet.

I have my doubts if a preferred type of manager has even been decided upon.

Its a shitshow

I know @minijcwon't agree but I beg to differ

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip.

Said as much earlier.

It’s very difficult to envisage a manager of any substance, currently in a job, coming to us in April.

Only a manager out of work & maybe a bit desperate would gamble on an 8 game sprint to avoid relegation. 

I actually wouldn’t be against Leven getting the next couple of games.

Would look amateur as fuck though, even for our board. To tell the fans we were at an advanced stage after our interim manager left, then release a second statement saying we aim to have a new manager in during the INT break. Just to give it to the orginal interim because we couldn’t find anyone else, even with external help.

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Which I think backs up my point earlier; there are no rumours or stories for media outlets to report on in this regard, as nothing is imminent.

Its a shitshow

The manager has been decided, albeit the name hasn't leaked yet.  But the fact he hasn't been announced yet suggests something may have caused or is causing an issue.  Its probably that the guy they want isn't a sadist.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip.

Said as much earlier.

IF, and its a big IF, a new manager is appointed over the next few weeks, I can see the club coming up with some convoluted system whereby Tam Courts, or whoever, is appointed but Leven remains in post till relegation is technically avoided. Or some shit.

8 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Don't think George is a fan of this fine forum.

Disgraceful way for George to talk about spuzzies. 

Be better, George. 

I know you're looking in. 

Be better. 

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The manager has been decided, albeit the name hasn't leaked yet.  But the fact he hasn't been announced yet suggests something may have caused or is causing an issue.  

You think?

Is the art of journalism now redundant? Why hasn't one journo got hold of this? Cormack has his finger in every dyke? Doubt it.

3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The manager has been decided, albeit the name hasn't leaked yet.  But the fact he hasn't been announced yet suggests something may have caused or is causing an issue.  Its probably that the guy they want isn't a sadist.

If it’s foreign I guess their may be work permit issues. Can take a while. Only thing that would really delay things. 

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

If it’s foreign I guess their may be work permit issues. Can take a while. Only thing that would really delay things. 

I'm not sure it will be a manager from outwith the UK. I hope I'm wrong because the UK based suspects range from uninspiring to concerning.

• Upvote 1

Derek Rae puts Dick Gordon firmly in his place, after his "must be a Scottish manager at Aberdeen" comment :-

Respect for Richard but disagree here. Find the best coach you can get who fits the club‘s ethos & ideas, regardless of background/nationality. Why limit yourself to someone Scottish or has worked in Scotland? Is Scottish ️ such a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma?

• Upvote 9
Just now, sooth_stander said:

Derek Rae puts Dick Gordon firmly in his place, after his "must be a Scottish manager at Aberdeen" comment :-

Respect for Richard but disagree here. Find the best coach you can get who fits the club‘s ethos & ideas, regardless of background/nationality. Why limit yourself to someone Scottish or has worked in Scotland? Is Scottish ️ such a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma?

Spot on. Anyone who’s think ‘knowing Scottish football’ has any effect on your ability to manage here is an absolute idiot. Just find the best manager available, he could be from North Sentinel Island for all I care.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Its a shitshow

I'm just going with what I was told but the longer this goes on the more concerned I am that we are floundering around.

• Upvote 1