Next Manager

20 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The manager has been decided, albeit the name hasn't leaked yet.  But the fact he hasn't been announced yet suggests something may have caused or is causing an issue.  Its probably that the guy they want isn't a sadist.

You really think that?

I cannot think in this day & age we’d manage to keep it quiet. 

18 minutes ago, slippers said:

If it’s foreign I guess their may be work permit issues. Can take a while. Only thing that would really delay things. 

Aye, but if it’s all agreed it wouldn’t have to stop us saying “here’s our new manager, we’re just awaiting the visa”

We did it with Miovski, Rama, Ruby, etc.

I think the club would be desperate to take the heat off themselves & make the announcement.

Which makes me think we’re at square one. Again. 

2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Is that cryptic or are we potentially back to square 1 again???

No wonder I take a dram following this shite club.

Warnock thrust a screwdriver in Cormack’s spokes when he walked out and claimed “Dave and Alan are well down the road with getting in a new permanent manager” when they clearly weren’t. The board were forced into their own statement later that afternoon which was obviously lies, lies and more lies. 

3 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

There's no way that we'd be able to keep it quiet. Even if the media were totally inept and couldn't sniff out a story, agents leak information in order to try and see if another club could secure their client a better deal. There is not, and never has been anything happening.

Hallelujah. Somebody with the same thinking as me 

9th of March  - Cormack tells the search for a manager is at an advanced stage

11th of March - Burrows tells us the aim is “to appoint a First Team Manager during the upcoming international break.” 

23rd of March and we seem to be no further on, either they’re having work permit issues (which doesn’t stop them announcing anything) or their original target(s) have fucked us off. 

2 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

9th of March  - Cormack tells the search for a manager is at an advanced stage

11th of March - Burrows tells us the aim is “to appoint a First Team Manager during the upcoming international break.” 

23rd of March and we seem to be no further on, either they’re having work permit issues (which doesn’t stop them announcing anything) or their original target(s) have fucked us off. 

Or 23rd March - we haven’t yet actually commenced the recruitment prawcess?

• Upvote 1

The team are in a precarious league position and the club has a serious image problem due to the leadership.

Losing an interim manager after 33 days is also going to raise alarm bells for any manager with ambition and make them cautious about coming in at this stage, if at all. 

Also, managers and agents know we are desperate so the price will have gone up. 

Not a great place to be in. 

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Would like to think even they aren’t that incompetent but then again it isn’t as unlikely as you’d want it to be. 

You never know, they might turn around and appoint someone on Monday. If we go into the last part of the season with Leven in charge & no new manager it’s even deeper levels of gross negligence that they’ve managed previously.

Perhaps the new man doesn’t fancy coming in with the real possibility of relegation, and has said he’ll wait to see what division we’re in. Perhaps the candidates have had one conversation with Cormack & thought fuck working for that lunatic. 

10 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Maybe it's more the case that we're not interested in any of the people who have applied and none of the people we've approached are interested in us, so now we're stuck in limbo wondering if we put Leven in charge until the end of the season or go back to the list of applicants and pick the least worst option.

8 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Perhaps the new man doesn’t fancy coming in with the real possibility of relegation, and has said he’ll wait to see what division we’re in. Perhaps the candidates have had one conversation with Cormack & thought fuck working for that lunatic. 

Surely, new manager comes in and is given a one off payment should he successfully keep us up, or if we did go down, he’s promised his job is safe?

I can’t see any interested manager being put off as he’s worried about his own reputation if we got relegated. Or if he was put off, fuck ‘im, as he’s clearly not made of the right stuff

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Surely, new manager comes in and is given a one off payment should he successfully keep us up, or if we did go down, he’s promised his job is safe?

I can’t see any interested manager being put off as he’s worried about his own reputation if we got relegated. Or if he was put off, fuck ‘im, as he’s clearly not made of the right stuff

Not sure anyone of a decent pedigree would be arsed about keeping their job should we go down, I suspect if anything they’d just not want to manage a club in the Scottish Championship. Neil Lennon wouldn’t mind it I’m sure. 

11 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

I'd hope that anyone who was interested would back themselves to get us out of relegation trouble and would want to be in the dugout asap, especially if they are currently out of work.

If someone is currently in a job then it may well be their current employer doesn't want to let them go if they are in a league where they are fighting for promotion, fighting relegation, or in with a shout of some trophy or other, and they won't move until that is settled.

Like others have said though, the lack of any rumours other than ones made up by people on this board is concerning.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

1/8

Leven announced til the end of the season doesn’t count! 

1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I'd hope that anyone who was interested would back themselves to get us out of relegation trouble and would want to be in the dugout asap, especially if they are currently out of work.

The flip side of that is they may look at the current squad of shitebags & think if Neil Warnock couldn’t get a tune out of them - a man who’s made a career of saving shite teams from relegation - then maybe I won’t, and won’t want to be credited with taking the team down. 

I’m not sure any of the out of work managers who have been mentioned would be any good whatsoever. Alex Neil maybe but if he’s dithering about even leaving England he’s not gonna take the chance he’d be managing in Scotland’s second tier next season 

5 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Leven announced til the end of the season doesn’t count! 

The flip side of that is they may look at the current squad of shitebags & think if Neil Warnock couldn’t get a tune out of them - a man who’s made a career of saving shite teams from relegation - then maybe I won’t, and won’t want to be credited with taking the team down. 

I’m not sure any of the out of work managers who have been mentioned would be any good whatsoever. Alex Neil maybe but if he’s dithering about even leaving England he’s not gonna take the chance he’d be managing in Scotland’s second tier next season 

I believe Alex Neil has ruled himself out. Just what I was told....

4 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

That I disagree with. 

We’ve maybe commenced the recruitment prawcess in terms of deciding on an ethos/type of manager but that’s something that should be a constant - shouldn’t need to redesign that aspect every time there’s a vacancy (annually, in our case) 

Further than that, I don’t think we are any further on than the day Warno walked out. And with a massive game in 7 days, I think we have to go with the Status Quo for that one.

Francis Rossi?