Next Manager

Let's be honest here, the end of March is a fucking rubbish time to get in a new manager. Anybody decent is well tied down, and we're either going to have to shell out a massive amount to prise someone away from their club, or we're fishing in a relatively small pool of sacked and failed ex-managers. 

To compound that, it's fairly obvious that Warnock's last act before he rolled out of Pittodrie in his mobility car was to cause a bit of mischief by saying that a new appointment was imminent, when actually he caught everybody by surprise. 

Never a dull moment at the Pitt o'dreams. Happy days. 

I think at this stage we'd be better just sticking with Leven til the end of the season. I think he'll manage to keep us up and having a bit of stability for a couple months is probably better than yet another change at this point in the season. Bring someone in as soon as the season's over, or once we're mathematically safe from relegation. I don't see any point rushing and just making a desperate appointment because we feel we have to.

Obviously, if the board had a bit more about them we would never be in this position as we'd have been much further on in the process. But given where we are actually at, I think a bit of stability is probably the best thing right now. Scraping another couple of wins should just about see us safe.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Haraldur’s latest update is there’s no appointment imminent. Guessing like the rest of us. 

Why do folk even follow that clueless beaut let alone report what she’s saying 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, NEM said:

Why do folk even follow that clueless beaut let alone report what she’s saying 😂

They’ve just as much as a clue as 99% of the mongs on here - 0. Vaguely remember her getting something right at one point a while ago, fucked if I remember what. Law of averages and all that.

30 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

We’ve maybe commenced the recruitment prawcess in terms of deciding on an ethos/type of manager but that’s something that should be a constant - shouldn’t need to redesign that aspect every time there’s a vacancy (annually, in our case) 

Further than that, I don’t think we are any further on than the day Warno walked out. And with a massive game in 7 days, I think we have to go with the Status Quo for that one.

Francis Rossi?

I would suggest that we do indeed need a full factory reset from top to bottom and hopefully this review is the start of it. It's plainly obvious that things are not working under Cormack and his shambolic reign to date.

I cling onto the tiniest morsel of hope that is the delay in this whole process - trying to ensure that he finally appoints a manager that can not only take us back to where McInnes had us but past that.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, pittodriepie83 said:

They’ve just as much as a clue as 99% of the mongs on here - 0. Vaguely remember her getting something right at one point a while ago, fucked if I remember what. Law of averages and all that.

Welcome to the 99% club 👍

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

I'm not saying anything's happening, thats just my opinion that leven might get the job, but i still believe in what i was told it will be a non uk based manager,   oh ands I'm not Daisy either thats an insult

I can only apologise to daisy for my error

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think at this stage we'd be better just sticking with Leven til the end of the season. I think he'll manage to keep us up and having a bit of stability for a couple months is probably better than yet another change at this point in the season. Bring someone in as soon as the season's over, or once we're mathematically safe from relegation. I don't see any point rushing and just making a desperate appointment because we feel we have to.

Obviously, if the board had a bit more about them we would never be in this position as we'd have been much further on in the process. But given where we are actually at, I think a bit of stability is probably the best thing right now. Scraping another couple of wins should just about see us safe.

Doing that means it's unlikely we sign anyone on a pre-contract and could possibly miss out on a player that whoever we then appoint in summer might have wanted onboard. I could live with Leven being in charge up until the split but really think we need a permanent boss in by that point at the latest. 

• Upvote 2
54 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Let's be honest here, the end of March is a fucking rubbish time to get in a new manager. Anybody decent is well tied down, and we're either going to have to shell out a massive amount to prise someone away from their club, or we're fishing in a relatively small pool of sacked and failed ex-managers. 

To compound that, it's fairly obvious that Warnock's last act before he rolled out of Pittodrie in his mobility car was to cause a bit of mischief by saying that a new appointment was imminent, when actually he caught everybody by surprise. 

Never a dull moment at the Pitt o'dreams. Happy days. 

Thing is why did afc not counter warnock statement? Why lie? They are going to look worse if next week nobody is in charge. If we lost to Ross county even more flak needless created by themselves 

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Doing that means it's unlikely we sign anyone on a pre-contract and could possibly miss out on a player that whoever we then appoint in summer might have wanted onboard. I could live with Leven being in charge up until the split but really think we need a permanent boss in by that point at the latest. 

That’s it, it becomes a harder sell. “We’ve no idea who our manager will be or even what league we’ll be in. Fancy it?”

1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Maybe it's more the case that we're not interested in any of the people who have applied and none of the people we've approached are interested in us, so now we're stuck in limbo wondering if we put Leven in charge until the end of the season or go back to the list of applicants and pick the least worst option.

This is what I feel has transpired. 

I don't want anyone in that ain't up for it. Their no for us if they don't want it. I'd rather wait,sad bit being we miss out on players. Forward planning. Cause we've never been guilty of that. 

There's nobody enthralling any of us besides Thelin and looks like he's said "catch ya" 

Let’s be honest… if recent history is anything to go by our board will completely fuck this up. In fact they probably already have. Leven will be in charge next weekend with an announcement made later in the week along the lines of ‘we believe after the performance against Motherwell Peter deserves a chance’ which can be translated as ‘EVERYONE we’ve approached has turned us down as at all levels we’re an absolute shambles’.

I’m at the stage now where I think its going to be better keeping us with Leven now until we are mathematically safe. And what a sorry statement that is to have to type.

If there was any doubt in how much of a circus we have running our club then this only highlights it. Its been said before but our man Dod Yule leaving coincides with our decline. Hopefully theres someone like him hiding in the shadows willing to jump in and sort this shite out.

• Upvote 2