Next Manager

1 hour ago, RUL said:

You think our league position is off putting? Nothing to do with Cormack and his crazy running of the club?

Sacked In The Morning was on the radio on my way home about an hour or so ago.  It was an older episode and they were talking to Charlie Adam about his then role at Burnley and his desire to get into management.  The advice Levein (I know, I know) gave him was that the most important conversation before you take a job is the one with the owner.  Get to know what the owner is like, if he's hands on (i.e. interferes), will he back you when things aren't going well; do your research, find out if he's got a reputation for sacking people or breaking promises/agreements, etc.  The whole time I was thinking of Cormack and what any potential manager would take from those questions/research and it wasn't positive.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Sacked In The Morning was on the radio on my way home about an hour or so ago.  It was an older episode and they were talking to Charlie Adam about his then role at Burnley and his desire to get into management.  The advice Levein (I know, I know) gave him was that the most important conversation before you take a job is the one with the owner.  Get to know what the owner is like, if he's hands on (i.e. interferes), will he back you when things aren't going well; do your research, find out if he's got a reputation for sacking people or breaking promises/agreements, etc.  The whole time I was thinking of Cormack and what any potential manager would take from those questions/research and it wasn't positive.

A fair observation. 

37 minutes ago, RUL said:

The logical decision is surely Leven in temporary charge until we’re told differently. Thing fir board is we are always one bad result away from total meltdown such is the distrust in how they are running the club.

Correct. By twice issuing statements that they are "well down the road in making a new appointment" all the board have done is open themselves up to ridicule, even closer scrutiny and heightened expectations.

After Warnock walked out and said the club were well down the road, the board should have come out and dampened that down but, as Warnock's actions clearly took them by surprise, they felt they needed to respond in a manner that demonstrated they were in control of the situation when clearly, they weren't.

Who is the PR person at AFC? Is it that Ogilvie wifie? Another person that needs replaced.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If one thing Cormack is know for it is for sticking with the manager when things aren't going well, for far too fucking long. What he's also known for is hiring the wrong fucking person in the first place but of you back yourself as a manager then you're not going in thinking you're the wrong person.

8 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Of all the things that are wrong at the club and all the vacancies that need filled, the biggest step Cormack can make is take himself right out of the factory floor because otherwise, all he is doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Anything else is a total waste of time.

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Correct. By twice issuing statements that they are "well down the road in making a new appointment" all the board have done is open themselves up to ridicule, even closer scrutiny and heightened expectations.

After Warnock walked out and said the club were well down the road, the board should have come out and dampened that down but, as Warnock's actions clearly took them by surprise, they felt they needed to respond in a manner that demonstrated they were in control of the situation when clearly, they weren't.

Who is the PR person at AFC? Is it that Ogilvie wifie? Another person that needs replaced.

Aye, hopeless. She can’t even spin good PR for Aberdeen in her own house, a family of rabid huns. 

12 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I think that has been one of Cormacks BIGGEST fk ups (other than the actual appointments in first place) is the fact he’s backed each manager far too long when things aren’t going well 🤷 that’s not something he can be slated for in terms of caution from potential managers view point taking the job.

the job is performance related & each manager under Cormack has been given ample time (too much imo because Cormack is a soft touch) to fix the mess each one has caused when in charge.

1 hour ago, JumboJET said:

From EE Twitter....

## Aberdeen FC Set for Marc White Appointment After Dorking Wanderers Thrashing

Dorking Wanderers founder Marc White is believed to be on the verge of becoming the new manager of Aberdeen FC. The news comes after Dorking Wanderers were thrashed 6-0 by Barnet in the National League today. Following the match, White reportedly approached a small band of travelling Dorking fans and confirmed that he is "off to Aberdeen".

White founded Dorking Wanderers in 1999 and has taken them on a remarkable journey from the Surrey County League to the National League. This move to Aberdeen would represent a significant step up for White, who has never managed a professional club before. Aberdeen fans will be hoping that White can bring the same success he has enjoyed at Dorking to Pittodrie. 

While the appointment is not yet official, White's comments to the fans suggest a move is imminent. This is a big decision for White, who has overseen Dorking's rise through the non-league pyramid. Aberdeen fans will be interested to see if he can replicate that success in Scotland's Premiership. 

As hilarious as that is I’ve seen some podcast stuff with this guy and he’s an absolute degenerate. Also his ego is so massive he had a horrendous hair transplant instead of just getting on with it. How can anyone take this cunt seriously.

4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

As hilarious as that is I’ve seen some podcast stuff with this guy and he’s an absolute degenerate. Also his ego is so massive he had a horrendous hair transplant instead of just getting on with it. How can anyone take this cunt seriously.

15 promotions in 25 years... He is definitely doing something right.

#Red&MarcWhiteBarmyArmy!

Something's clearly gone wrong. Stories of the shortlist having been whittled down and an appointment being imminent didn't come from nowhere.

For what it's worth, i think Leven in charge for the short-term is the right play. A bit of continuity will serve us well going into the games with County, Livi & Dundee. The semi-final follows immediately after Dundee, so that doesn't feel like the time for someone new to step in either.

Better the Board take their time and make the right appointment than rush it as they did with Goodwin. Ideally the new manager is lined up before the season's out, but at this point i'm none too fussed about them assuming day to day control between now and the seasons end.

10 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Cormack needs to appoint Leven until the end of season and resume the process when league safety is assured. Gives him time to appoint a proper DoF and take a step back. He’s viewed as a toxic personality by football people.

This. 

Completely toxic 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Something's clearly gone wrong. Stories of the shortlist having been whittled down and an appointment being imminent didn't come from nowhere.

For what it's worth, i think Leven in charge for the short-term is the right play. A bit of continuity will serve us well going into the games with County, Livi & Dundee. The semi-final follows immediately after Dundee, so that doesn't feel like the time for someone new to step in either.

Better the Board take their time and make the right appointment than rush it as they did with Goodwin. Ideally the new manager is lined up before the season's out, but at this point i'm none too fussed about them assuming day to day control between now and the seasons end.

Who the hell would we get (that’s in a job) in April though?

Just now, Tord31 said:

ronnie delia's stats are pretty good and across several jobs

A 50% win record across 5 jobs isn't to be sniffed at. 

He had something like a 57% win rate at Club Brugge and they still sacked him. 

If he was even remotely interested we should be giving him what he wants. 

11 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Cormack needs to appoint Leven until the end of season and resume the process when league safety is assured. Gives him time to appoint a proper DoF and take a step back. He’s viewed as a toxic personality by football people.

Not for me. What happens if our safety isn’t ensured under Leven, and we start plummeting even more under him? Appoint another interim until the end of the season? Or try and appoint a permanent manager when the appeal of the job is even worse? Or stick it out with him, get relegated and we’ll be lucky if John Hughes is interested.

Let’s just stop arsing about and get a new manager in this week, we’ve had about two months. How long do they want?

• Upvote 2