Next Manager

13 hours ago, Helmet said:

Possible they were taking too long with Thelin and he told them he couldn’t leave his club in the lurch so close to the start of their season?

Maybe he was pushing for it to be settled quickly and they fannied about assuming he would just hang on for them?

Let's face it, a man who understands the concept and importance of appropriate timing is not going to fit in at AFC.

8 hours ago, Bebo said:

Nobody at the EE has that decent level standard of prose. Need to ask ChatGPT to dumb down the language to make it more believable.

Breaking News: Marc White Takes the Helm at Aberdeen FC!

By Clumsy McScribbler, Sports Correspondent  

In a shocking turn of events, the mighty Aberdeen Football Club has appointed none other than Dorking Wanderers’ very own Marc White as their new manager. Yes, you heard it right, folks! The man who once led a team of underfed pigeons to victory in the local park is now in charge of a club that’s seen more silverware than a fancy cutlery store.

White, a man whose tactical acumen is about as sharp as a deflated beach ball, was reportedly gobsmacked when he got the call from Aberdeen. “I thought they were after my secret recipe for microwave lasagna,” he quipped, adjusting his ill-fitting suit. But no, dear readers, they wanted him to lead their team to glory. Or at least to the nearest pub.

“I’ve never managed outside Dorking,” White confessed, scratching his head. “But hey, football’s like riding a unicycle blindfolded, right? You just pedal harder and hope you don’t crash into the mascot.”

The Dons, as Aberdeen is affectionately known, are a club steeped in tradition. Their fans are as loyal as a Labrador with separation anxiety. They’ve seen it all: the highs, the lows, and the occasional mid-table mediocrity. Now, they’ll witness the arrival of a man who thinks a 4-4-2 formation is a bingo card.

“I’ve got big plans,” White declared, squinting at the sun like a confused meerkat. “First, we’ll work on our ‘pass and pray’ strategy. Then, I’ll teach the lads to tackle like they’re swatting flies at a picnic. And don’t get me started on our pre-match rituals—I’ve got a lucky sock that hasn’t been washed since 2003!”

The press conference was a masterclass in clichés. White promised to give 110%, even though mathematically that’s impossible. He vowed to take it one game at a time, as if football matches were a series of surprise parties. And when asked about his tactics, he replied, “Well, we’ll play with passion, heart, and a dash of existential dread.”

So there you have it, dear readers. Marc White, the man who once mistook a corner flag for a giant lollipop, is now at the helm of Aberdeen FC. Buckle up, football fans—it’s going to be a bumpy ride. And remember, as they say in Dorking, “When life gives you lemons, make a half-time orange slice.” 🍊

(Prompt: Write 5 paragraphs like a veyr poor quality journalist about Dorking Wanderers founder Marc White being appointed as Aberdeen football club manager. He has never managed outside Dorking before and was surprised but looking forward to the challenge. Use every football cliche you can.)

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, a don in oz said:

In a shocking turn of events, the mighty Aberdeen Football Club has appointed none other than Dorking Wanderers’ very own Marc White as their new manager. Yes, you heard it right, folks! The man who once led a team of underfed pigeons to victory in the local park is now in charge of a club that’s seen more silverware than a fancy cutlery store.

White, a man whose tactical acumen is about as sharp as a deflated beach ball, was reportedly gobsmacked when he got the call from Aberdeen. “I thought they were after my secret recipe for microwave lasagna,” he quipped, adjusting his ill-fitting suit. But no, dear readers, they wanted him to lead their team to glory. Or at least to the nearest pub.

“I’ve never managed outside Dorking,” White confessed, scratching his head. “But hey, football’s like riding a unicycle blindfolded, right? You just pedal harder and hope you don’t crash into the mascot.”

The Dons, as Aberdeen is affectionately known, are a club steeped in tradition. Their fans are as loyal as a Labrador with separation anxiety. They’ve seen it all: the highs, the lows, and the occasional mid-table mediocrity. Now, they’ll witness the arrival of a man who thinks a 4-4-2 formation is a bingo card.

“I’ve got big plans,” White declared, squinting at the sun like a confused meerkat. “First, we’ll work on our ‘pass and pray’ strategy. Then, I’ll teach the lads to tackle like they’re swatting flies at a picnic. And don’t get me started on our pre-match rituals—I’ve got a lucky sock that hasn’t been washed since 2003!”

The press conference was a masterclass in clichés. White promised to give 110%, even though mathematically that’s impossible. He vowed to take it one game at a time, as if football matches were a series of surprise parties. And when asked about his tactics, he replied, “Well, we’ll play with passion, heart, and a dash of existential dread.”

So there you have it, dear readers. Marc White, the man who once mistook a corner flag for a giant lollipop, is now at the helm of Aberdeen FC. Buckle up, football fans—it’s going to be a bumpy ride. And remember, as they say in Dorking, “When life gives you lemons, make a half-time orange slice.” 🍊

(Prompt: Write 5 paragraphs like a veyr poor quality journalist about Dorking Wanderers founder Marc White being appointed as Aberdeen football club manager. He has never managed outside Dorking before and was surprised but looking forward to the challenge. Use every football cliche you can.)

Fuckin 'ell

8 hours ago, Redread said:

Change of plan, Cormack is heading back to Aberdeen in the next few days to be the club face of his last managerial appointment. Steven Gunn is getting demoted but Alan Burrows is receiving extra power at Aberdeen FC. Cormack is selling up ….HOORAY!!!! 
Health reasons will be given. Hopefully the interested parties distance themselves or buy out S.Milne. 
Stephen Robinson is definitely Aberdeen FC manager. 3.5 year deal agreed. 
Don’t shoot the messenger 

It’s the return of Redjohn 

3 hours ago, a don in oz said:

“squinting at the sun like a confused meerkat”

That’s not bad.

24 minutes ago, Redread said:

Today is the day of rest. I won’t be taking it off though before anyone has a quip regarding that.

Down to business, Steven Gunn will take up the role as head of communications. He is extremely well liked by the club hierarchy so the new role is on the advice of the German overview. The DOF role will be extinct.

Aberdeen FC are attracting a German backed consortium. Watch this space

RedRead 

RedJohn 

John Read

Fuck off 

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, penguin2024 said:

Nope

30 minutes ago, Redread said:

Today is the day of rest. I won’t be taking it off though before anyone has a quip regarding that.

Down to business, Steven Gunn will take up the role as head of communications. He is extremely well liked by the club hierarchy so the new role is on the advice of the German overview. The DOF role will be extinct.

Aberdeen FC are attracting a German backed consortium. Watch this space

Redjohn

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Saw this was a hot topic this morning. 

Then realised it's just a playground spat. Ffs. 

Wish the club would announce any cunt right now. Even take the manager of Dyce Boys club to stop this fucking car crash 😂

I've got a UEFA B Licence - will i dee?