Next Manager

36 minutes ago, Adogcalledspot said:

Rumours are he was playing a 2 ball with Neil Lennon against another 2 unknown players 

seems Mr Delia & Mr Lennon missed 10 birdie putts in a row to loose the match 5 down with 4 to play 🤪

Heard exactly the same from Tommy Wright while he was getting his picture taken with Doctor Who at Comic Con.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Aye, a lot of what he said applies to us and Cormack in particular 

I think everyone likes to see a football club run well and efficiently and that’s a challenge for owners. I do think at a lot of football clubs there is a lack of football knowledge in the boardroom, I genuinely do. I never see the game as a fan, I am in it. There are a lot of people in football who see the game as a fan.

“Sometimes people who put their money into a football club need protection from themselves! And I mean that with the best intentions. The hardest thing in football is to have patience because supporters don’t have patience. The reality of the situation is that churn never works. Don’t lose good people out of your organisation.”

Is O’Neill as part-time technical director (who already has a full-time job managing elsewhere) going to replace either the director of football or the football management board?

If not, it sounds like another gimmick, another (very expensive) nose in the trough devised by DC to deflect attention from the bleeding obvious…he hasn’t got a clue.

10 minutes ago, At The Border Guy said:

The length of time it's taking, I'm thinking this might be right. Holding off until the international break is done.

Yip that and the rest of the chat about O’Neil has me hooked into thinking he’s coming in , in some capacity either as DOF or The manager.

if it was to be the case then as DOF would have to be the lesser of two evils . 😩

40 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I think everyone likes to see a football club run well and efficiently and that’s a challenge for owners. I do think at a lot of football clubs there is a lack of football knowledge in the boardroom, I genuinely do. I never see the game as a fan, I am in it. There are a lot of people in football who see the game as a fan.

“Sometimes people who put their money into a football club need protection from themselves! And I mean that with the best intentions. The hardest thing in football is to have patience because supporters don’t have patience. The reality of the situation is that churn never works. Don’t lose good people out of your organisation.”

We should butter him up, hopefully he can spread the cost of appointing a manager, it would be vital(ite) to keep some money for players come the summer, play it well and we could be in a field of clover before you know it.

lurpak

After reading O'Neils bit in the paper I'm starting to think it might be him.

72 hours easily gets him past the internationals so maybe that's what the delay has been.

Not keen on the idea but at least it explains the lack of an appointment.

• Upvote 1

I have a wee birdie on the shortlist.

The UK based candidate is Dave Challinor. Probably. 

No idea on the forriners, other than that their initials are also DC.

DC sees DC as the man to take us forward, not just because of his initials, and has Stockport in the League 2 promotion places but also based on the fact he played Jayden Richardson almost a dozen times last season, tying in with our recruitment strategy.

Nick Colgan will be coming with him from Stockport based on his experience in Scottish football with Hibs and his expertise in operating ipads.

Fuck sake. Turgid fitba return if its 

O'Neil. If yer paying someone out that large a contract then surely ye can fling money at someone that fits the attacking philosophy. Absolutely done with watching shite fitba. 

Don't understand that appointment if it comes to pass. More desperate than thought out. "Get someone experienced in....ANYONE"

• Upvote 1

It's the only name that's been consistently flung oot alongside Thelin and Lennon.  That's what concerns me. 

Shite fitba,ultra expensive for a fella that's been successful with his country only. And that underdog tag ain't one am happy being associated with as our club

• Confused 1
52 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

It's the only name that's been consistently flung oot alongside Thelin and Lennon.  That's what concerns me. 

Shite fitba,ultra expensive for a fella that's been successful with his country only. And that underdog tag ain't one am happy being associated with as our club

Don’t want O’Neil but he was pretty successful at Shamrock rovers tbf.

Just becoming another unnecessary sideshow. 

Due diligence, succession planning etc, would have these things tied up quickly. We're trying to find a needle in a haystack in the dark, seemingly. 

At this point they should just leave it with Leven until the end of the season, but they'll be so desperate to save face from Warnock that they'll appoint someone despite it becoming increasingly obvious we aren't going to get the optimum appointment at this exact moment.

It doesn't even anger me, it's just the boring, usual sideshow we've had with that gype in charge.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, NEM said:

Don’t want O’Neil but he was pretty successful at Shamrock rovers tbf.

Do 2 league titles with Shamrock outweigh 2 Manager of the Month awards with Brechin in League 2 though