Next Manager

53 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

That would be a large part of how Ferguson built a siege mentality at the club.

Aye in one off game. Not as a club. O'Neil has fed off that for Northern Ireland,fair enough. I don't want that constantly fed in. 

I just don't want him. 

• Thanks 1

It’s been a car crash.

Putting aside the ridiculous appointment of Warnock… from the moment he left, the club should have been honest. The PR is horrific and smacks of sycophantic appeasement, stupidity or plain single-minded arrogance from DC. Own it. “We’re sorry Neil has decided to leave - but we will stick with our plan to identify the correct target in the background and have the new staff in place ready to plan for the next campaign”. Instead, they’ve lied about our progress and put unnecessary pressure and spotlight on the appointment(s).

Even being in a position with no contingency in place for one of the most important roles in the business is  negligent. The management of the club is at an all time low. I would now expect Alan Burrows to insist on taking total charge of the day-to-day running of all departments, with him reporting to the chairman on performance every quarter. The chairman should no longer be leading process, strategy or appointments for the sake of the club.

The PR direct report should also consider what their role is. If it was their idea to respond with such a disingenuous statement then they have exceptionally poor judgement. 

What a mess we are. Such low quality at the higher levels, letting the rest of the excellent club staff down.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12
43 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Just becoming another unnecessary sideshow. 

Due diligence, succession planning etc, would have these things tied up quickly. We're trying to find a needle in a haystack in the dark, seemingly. 

At this point they should just leave it with Leven until the end of the season, but they'll be so desperate to save face from Warnock that they'll appoint someone despite it becoming increasingly obvious we aren't going to get the optimum appointment at this exact moment.

It doesn't even anger me, it's just the boring, usual sideshow we've had with that gype in charge.  

The longer is goes on the more it screams panic signing and Neil Lennon being unveiled as “the best” candidate after a  meticulous interview process 

21 minutes ago, 1983 said:

It’s been a car crash.

Putting aside the ridiculous appointment of Warnock… from the moment he left, the club should have been honest. The PR is horrific and smacks of sycophantic appeasement, stupidity or plain single-minded arrogance from DC. Own it. “We’re sorry Neil has decided to leave - but we will stick with our plan to identify the correct target in the background and have the new staff in place ready to plan for the next campaign”. Instead, they’ve lied about our progress and put unnecessary pressure and spotlight on the appointment(s).

Even being in a position with no contingency in place for one of the most important roles in the business is  negligent. The management of the club is at an all time low. I would now expect Alan Burrows to insist on taking total charge of the day-to-day running of all departments, with him reporting to the chairman on performance every quarter. The chairman should no longer be leading process, strategy or appointments for the sake of the club.

The PR direct report should also consider what their role is. If it was their idea to respond with such a disingenuous statement then they have exceptionally poor judgement. 

What a mess we are. Such low quality at the higher levels, letting the rest of the excellent club staff down.

That’s a brilliant post.

Only issue I would take is, and I have no idea how PR spin works in reality but Cormack/Burrows must have full sign off on all PR statements. Zoe Ogilvie will create and publish the content but surely, it gets run past the chairman/CEO before release?

All roads lead back to Cormack. 

Just now, sooth_stander said:

That’s a brilliant post.

Only issue I would take is, and I have no idea how PR spin works in reality but Cormack/Burrows must have full sign off on all PR statements. Zoe Ogilvie will create and publish the content but surely, it gets run past the chairman/CEO before release?

She should be so good at it they don’t have to worry about signing it of.

She’s not.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

That’s a brilliant post.

They will absolutely have sign off. My concern is Zoe’s job is to advise. She’s either not advising or it’s been steam-rolled by DC, hence why I suggest they need to consider what their role is. 

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Fuck off with any O'Neill chat, for any position.

Ridiculously expensive and no track record

He done extremely impressively well in Ireland.  Especially in Europe.   Done great at Brechin too - got them in the Championship. 

O'Neil would be a terrific appointment for you boys. 

3 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

O’Neil would be a strange appointment. Going to cost a load of money for a relatively average manager.

However, he’s got a much better CV than any of our recent managers, including Del. Before he joined us of course 

I didn't realise he was as good as that.

2 hours ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Fuck sake. Turgid fitba return if its 

O'Neil. If yer paying someone out that large a contract then surely ye can fling money at someone that fits the attacking philosophy. Absolutely done with watching shite fitba. 

Don't understand that appointment if it comes to pass. More desperate than thought out. "Get someone experienced in....ANYONE"

Return? It's been that way for a wee while now has it not? The Duk/Miovski link up feels like the only short lived spell of exciting fitba for numerous seasons now.

9 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

O’Neil would be a strange appointment. Going to cost a load of money for a relatively average manager.

However, he’s got a much better CV than any of our recent managers, including Del. Before he joined us of course 

5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I didn't realise he was as good as that.

Aye, get him in. We've not had one of them since McInnes.

Seriously, I'm not that keen though.

1 minute ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Aye, get him in. We've not had one of them since McInnes.

To be fair to O'Neill its hard to tell as he's not been at a club/team with a bit of relative strength since Shamrock Rovers, 13 years ago.  

Does he still have the spark, and its just been hidden by the fact he's managing players that aren't very good relative to the teams he's playing against. Or has he peaked? 

That's nearly 2 months since Robson was sacked.I think Sevco take 1 or 2 weeks to replace their last 2 managers and most clubs are about the same.Seems strange to leave the club drifting for this amount of time..negligent even.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

That's nearly 2 months since Robson was sacked.I think Sevco take 1 or 2 weeks to replace their last 2 managers and most clubs are about the same.Seems strange to leave the club drifting for this amount of time..negligent even.

Exactly, we’ve been in an ‘advanced stage’ for longer than most clubs appoint a manger from the day their old one leaves. 

If O’Neil is joining the club, I don't think it will be as Manager.

It could be as Technical Director or DoF. He says as much in the P&J article about football knowledge vital at boardroom level also that he has interests in other roles in the game.

“I don’t necessarily know whether my next role would necessarily have to be as a manager.”

21 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

That's what the interim was brought in for. To bridge that gap, remember.

53 minutes ago, Happy Hibee said:

He done extremely impressively well in Ireland.  Especially in Europe.   Done great at Brechin too - got them in the Championship. 

O'Neil would be a terrific appointment for you boys. 

Get fucked.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Willo flood said:

Unless he has a clause in his contract