Next Manager

9 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Remember  this is a Club that spent the whole summer  in 1992 chasing John Robertson,  only to instead sign Duncan Shearer.

That’s a good thing, shearer a better striker than that medal-less jambo “legend” 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Happy Hibee said:

He done extremely impressively well in Ireland.  Especially in Europe.   Done great at Brechin too - got them in the Championship. 

O'Neil would be a terrific appointment for you boys. 

When in Leith about 10 years ago before the game,I was bursting for a shite,I went in 2 pubs and a Hotel to relieve myself,because there wasn't any Toilet Rolls in any of the cubicles in all 3.

Have you lot got round to using toilet paper yet.🤔

Michael O'Neill would be an extremely underwhelming managerial appointment. What gets to me is the sheer fact Cormack and co. don't seem to understand they are a stones throw away from relegation or the start of fan protests at the club. For the record i don't see us going down but its certainly not improbable. The names coming out are horrific, especially when you start peicing together some of the paper quotes and idiotic comments from the likes of richard gordon. 

The club needs to be big bold and strong with the decision making or else we we will be back to square one within 18 months and that is practically guranteed given some of the shite names coming out!

The football as stated by many on here will be a shambles and a massive backward step. This is perfect opportunity to rebuild properly in the summer and actually deliver the style of football and results the fans want and deserve. I'm not against leven staying until we are safe, then get the new geezer in to oversee the mass exodus and overhaul. 

For the love of fuck, get this appointment right cormack!

25 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Remember  this is a Club that spent the whole summer  in 1992 chasing John Robertson,  only to instead sign Duncan Shearer.

And then in the late 90s spending what seemed like months pursuing Graham Kavanagh, only for that to deal to die too 

lol what on earth does that have to do with anything 

10 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

It’s O’Neill - and am gonna get fully behind him 👍 (the amount of ‘fact’ based on gossip / hearsay on here is hilarious)! COYR! 

Hahaha, I see what you did there. You made a joke by doing the same thing that you are simultaneously slagging off others for doing... It was a joke right?

Anyway, I'm hearing it's Robbie Horn

6 hours ago, Hoppy said:

Aberdeen should reveal the identity of their new manager within the next 72 hours having whittled their hunt down to a three-man shortlist that contains one UK-based candidate and two from abroad. (Sunday Post, print edition)

Conspiracy theory 297.
  The Scotland v N Ireland is Michael O’Neil’s last game before he takes over at Aberdeen. Clue is in the ‘72 hours’. Simples. 

5 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I'd rather have Steve Cooper than O'Neil. Cooper must have signed about 300 players at forest. Surely there must be a few decent ones for us in there he could entice.

Cooper is unfortunately not going to take a job in spl when he could get another epl gig early next season 

10 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I'd rather have Steve Cooper than O'Neil. Cooper must have signed about 300 players at forest. Surely there must be a few decent ones for us in there he could entice.

I think everyone would. The glaring issue is there is 0 chance he’d even entertain the idea. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

And then in the late 90s spending what seemed like months pursuing Graham Kavanagh, only for that to deal to die too 

Aye that’s definitely relevant to what’s happening right now 

Fuck me min 

• Haha 7
25 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

The reality is IF it is O’Neil we All need to get behind him 

Correct, too many people just waiting to give it the ‘I told you so’ with our last few managers, because they were against the idea of appointing them in the first place. 

I’m already envisioning the O’Neil get to fuck chants in a couple of months 

2 hours ago, Happy Hibee said:

He done extremely impressively well in Ireland.  Especially in Europe.   Done great at Brechin too - got them in the Championship. 

O'Neil would be a terrific appointment for you boys. 

I realise I'm a newbie but I really need to raise a point of order.

Why are we tolerating the presence of shit stirring rangers, hibs and hearts fans on an Aberdeen forum?

I move they are all banned forthwith. Are you with me.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I realise I'm a newbie but I really need to raise a point of order.

Why are we tolerating the presence of shit stirring rangers, hibs and hearts fans on an Aberdeen forum?

I move they are all banned forthwith. Are you with me.

I’m not familiar with that cunt but the other 2 cunts are better than most dons posters on this to be honest 

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

O’Neil, you’re referring too?

Yes, if it is him of course, got to give the club a lot of credit given some of the players felt it would be him 2 weeks ago, a lot of wasted time and a massive compo package getting paid, shrewd as ever.

5 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Correct, too many people just waiting to give it the ‘I told you so’ with our last few managers, because they were against the idea of appointing them in the first place. 

I’m already envisioning the O’Neil get to fuck chants in a couple of months 

I had to laugh at that.  Only because it's a perfect metaphor for the nutters on here who aren't happy with anything or anyone. I opened a thread yesterday that took me back to September where some were talking about the disaster that awaits us in Europe and how Robson was already on borrowed time. What chance has any new manager got of keeping a lid on the negativity of the flock on here. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

Another 5 at the back merchant, great stuff, look forward to that failing.

I just don't get the O'Neill appointment at all. 

He doesn't fit with the supposed "philosophy" and he doesn't have experience of the markets we are trying to recruit players from. 

Seems another appointment absolutely destined to fail and another one to cost us a fucking fortune. 

This board obviously need to learn the definition of insanity.