Next Manager

3 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Something set to be leaked/reported on by 10 tonight. 

Better be no later than 10, I'm planning an early night.

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Ooooooooh 

Exciting 

Ah wait just realised who you are 

Mcinnes still going to "rangers" m8?

Different poster I think.

1 hour ago, RedRevolution said:

I had to laugh at that.  Only because it's a perfect metaphor for the nutters on here who aren't happy with anything or anyone. I opened a thread yesterday that took me back to September where some were talking about the disaster that awaits us in Europe and how Robson was already on borrowed time. What chance has any new manager got of keeping a lid on the negativity of the flock on here. 

Weren’t wrong were they? 

1 hour ago, RedRevolution said:

Well they got shafted by Warnock. He was a very expensive (£500k) safe pair of hands to give the club time to finish the review and then attract the best manager without the pressure of time. Warnock fucked it up, demoralised the troops by telling them he had never had such bad defenders or conceded such stupid goals, changed a passing team trained to work on transition to one that got involved in battles all over the pitch and made us look like Hamilton Accies on a bad day. Then he downed tools and left us in the lurch. Who could have predicted that? Well apart from the 50 nutters on here with a crystal ball that tells them every decision we make will be shite and every manager we pick will be shite and Cormack is shite and we are doomed as a football club.

LOL

Fuck off Barry, they’ve barely been able to string 3 passes together all season 

22 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'm hopeful that it isn't him, I don't think he'd be terrible but it would be a underwhelming, lazy appointment imo.

I have no real opinion on O’Neil but def edge more towards the ‘underwhelming’ side also.

I wonder if as many would have been as steadfastly against him being appointed had it happed before any or all of Robson, Goodwin, or Glass though, or has the complete cluster of shiteness appointed by Cormack just driven almost all to view any appointment he makes as a complete fk up regardless now. Which is a fair assumption really 

Michael O'Neill's a name that's not going away, so you have to think there's something in the rumour. Especially given O'Neill himself hasn't sought to dampen speculation.

Wouldn't be my choice, but i could imagine Dave Cormack looking at O'Neill, thinking he ticks several boxes folk have been calling out. He's got a wealth of experience and knows the game up here, yet isn't part of the cliquey Scottish football merry-go-round.

Add to which O'Neill would be a headline grabbing, big name appointment, which would very much appeal to Dave's ego.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Michael O'Neill's a name that's not going away, so you have to think there's something in the rumour. Especially given O'Neill himself hasn't sought to dampen speculation.

Wouldn't be my choice, but i could imagine Dave Cormack looking at O'Neill, thinking he ticks several boxes folk have been calling out. He's got a wealth of experience and knows the game up here, yet isn't part of the cliquey Scottish football merry-go-round.

Add to which O'Neill would be a headline grabbing, big name appointment, which would very much appeal to Dave's ego.

Of course he doesn't want to dampen speculation. It's a massive ego boost for him to be linked to a big club like Aberdeen. "Headline grabbing" my arse. His CV is pitiful and his appointment would be a damp squib especially after we've just had a genuine big name manager in Neil Warnock at the club.

Luckily for us he's not our man. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
40 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'm hopeful that it isn't him, I don't think he'd be terrible but it would be a underwhelming, lazy appointment imo.

Have to agree - none of Cormack's appointments so far have been well thought out. Plus the club is in the doldrums and he needs someone to sort that (and him) out. O'Neill isn't the solution, and he's a f'g hibbee - unless Cormack has been reading the runes and thinks he's getting another Eddie Turnbull. 

34 minutes ago, Adogcalledspot said:

http://dlvr.it/T4Xj4D  

try this. Not sure if it will work.          A bit like the Aberdeen board I suppose. 

Thanks mate

So, he wasn’t specifically asked about the Aberdeen vacancy, just a general question about the possibilities of a return to club management?

“O’Neill still harbours ambitions of working abroad one day but has hinted if he does return to club football the structure behind the scenes needs to be right.”

The above comment would appear to rule out coming to AFC?

“He told the Scotland on Sunday: “I would still like to work abroad at some point.”

Encouraging….

“Everyone likes to see a football club run well and efficiently and that’s a challenge for owners.

“I do think at a lot of football clubs there is a lack of football knowledge in the boardroom, I genuinely do.”

He’s never coming here, boys.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

O' Neill would  be a better  appointment  than Colgates appointments to date.

So would Neil Lennon but he shouldn't be near the job either. Being better than Glass, Goodwin or Robson shouldn't be the bar to judge anyone. They need to be better than McInnes. And I'm not sure O'Neill is.