Next Manager

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

So would Neil Lennon but he shouldn't be near the job either. Being better than Glass, Goodwin or Robson shouldn't be the bar to judge anyone. They need to be better than McInnes. And I'm not sure O'Neill is. 

He has a better CV than McInnes did before joining. Imagine the meltdown if we appointed someone with McInnes’ previous CV today.

Unfortunately, the interest in the job has dropped massively in the last 3 years. We could of easily improved on McInnes right after we sacked him, but Cormack had other ideas and has set us back years as a result.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

He has a better CV than McInnes did before joining. Imagine the meltdown if we appointed someone with McInnes’ previous CV today.

Unfortunately, the interest in the job has dropped massively in the last 3 years. We could of easily improved on McInnes right after we sacked him, but Cormack had other ideas and has set us back years as a result.

Has he fuck. He has absolutely nothing on his CV to suggest he's the man for the job. 

Yep. It amazes me that there are still people who don't get this. 

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

McCabe - another experimental option. 

What a fucking disaster that would be. 

As dumb as DC is, he wouldn't appoint a wacky experiment again.

You’re better than this, simply! You should know better 

Going to be a fair backlash from fans if it’s someone like o’Neil. Certainly won’t sell season tickets. Very disappointing if it comes to this type of appointment. Everyone says he ticks a lot of boxes but for me he ticks very little. 

• Upvote 2
  • Admin
2 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I realise I'm a newbie but I really need to raise a point of order.

Why are we tolerating the presence of shit stirring rangers, hibs and hearts fans on an Aberdeen forum?

I move they are all banned forthwith. Are you with me.

Supporters of other teams can post if they stay within the rules and not continuously on the wind up. Huns and Celtic supporters are banned on sight. 

...along with duplicate accounts. :sherlock:

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 4
37 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Has he fuck. He has absolutely nothing on his CV to suggest he's the man for the job. 

That’s not what I said. He has a better CV than McInnes did before coming here though. Which is what I said.

Look at McInnes CV if you don’t believe me, 40 something win percentage at St Johnstone and a 27 win percentage at Bristol City.

I suppose it’s a bit like buying a player who you think will do a decent job for the team 

turns  out they don’t for whatever reasons.

if you look back at our history   , hindsight is a great thing,

would we have appointed 90% of our past managers, given how much scrutiny they’d have been given by us the fans nowadays.

As a few have said , would we have been or were we happy when Ferguson was first announced ! 

its a lottery . but yes we want to increase the odd in our favour by eliminating eg experimental type,  or they “reasonable “ amount of previous CV success 

The Stability brought by Brown. prior to his appointment there were plenty out there questioning the decision.  we were Glad after the McGee fiasco to get a steadfast hand at the Teller.

Mckiness. Oh but he’s this , he’s that, he he played for them . 

Some of the EPL teams spend millions on managers and they don’t fit  Chelsea spring to mind of late.

it took the shoplifters over 20 years to find a Klopp a good fit & now he’s going.

will their next be a success? 

Sometimes  a player or manager fits.   It’s hard time we could find someone that fits us again.

only time will tell..  

9 minutes ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

Don’t think we’ll get O’Neill but think he’d be a great appointment and is miles ahead of the likes of Lennon and McInnes as a manager in my view.

Hopefully an announcement soon and we can get over the line this season and start building for next season.

How is he Miles ahead of McInnes?

15 minutes ago, slippers said:

Going to be a fair backlash from fans if it’s someone like o’Neil. Certainly won’t sell season tickets. Very disappointing if it comes to this type of appointment. Everyone says he ticks a lot of boxes but for me he ticks very little. 

Who would not attract a backlash? That we could realistically appoint 

3 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

That’s not what I said. He has a better CV than McInnes did before coming here though. Which is what I said.

Look at McInnes CV if you don’t believe me, 40 something win percentage at St Johnstone and a 27 win percentage at Bristol City.

Nah min. I'm ignoring the northern ireland gig as international management is totally different from domestic management. It's like comparing netball to basketball. So domestic clubs. What has he done? Next to bugger all. He'd be an absolutely awful appointment. 

I’ve had a look.

Brechin 28%

Shamrock 54%

N Ireland 36%

Stoke 38%

N Ireland 27%

Hardly the most inspiring….

8 minutes ago, starryfish said:

No idea. But sure their is plenty options that would, it’s up to us to find them. I don’t think I’m asking for much. Assuming we don’t know who they are I want someone that has credentials that deserve to manage Aberdeen. Someone we can look at and think yeah I can see why they went for him. 

O’Neil does not fit the above profile. Not even close. 

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

There will be no backlash, regardless who it is. 
Aye there will be folk getting hysterical on here as usual. But Pittodrie will be the same as always. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’ve had a look.

Brechin 28%

Shamrock 54%

N Ireland 36%

Stoke 38%

N Ireland 27%

It’s a honking record. To think he was Scotland gig. Apart from taking NI to the euros. Amazing achievement granted, the rest is depressing. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’ve had a look.

Brechin 28%

Shamrock 54%

N Ireland 36%

Stoke 38%

N Ireland 27%

The only ones of any proper relevance are Shamrock Rovers & Stoke.

Northern Ireland are a pot 5 team. 
He got them to a tournament. 
That’s a once in a generation thing for them. 

Stoke are a basket case club. 
No-one has done well there since relegation. Financially fucked & treading water. 
Still poor though 

I’m not saying I want him, just trying to give balance to the win ratio argument. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The only ones of any proper relevance are Shamrock Rovers & Stoke.

Northern Ireland are a pot 5 team. 
He got them to a tournament. 
That’s a once in a generation thing for them. 

Stoke are a basket case club. 
No-one has done well there since relegation. Financially fucked & treading water. 
Still poor though 

I’m not saying I want him, just trying to give balance to the win ratio argument. 

It’s fair comment.