Next Manager

39 minutes ago, slippers said:

That Schalke lad would fit the mould perfectly but surely completely unrealistic. Was previously with Union saint Gilloise who are a club we are very much trying to emulate. No idea what’s happened at schlake but looks disastrous. 

Bankrolled by Russian cash, but now all the woke liberals are anti-Russia. So they are a little bit fucked.

Personally I’d like us to aim higher in the Bundesliga and embrace the sprit of ‘83 by luring Steffen Baumgart from Hamburg. No idea if he’s any good, it’s based on his Wiki picture.

spacer.png

Will let you all know if I spot him around town drinking a beer beside a clock tower.

Tremendous head loss and it isn’t even lunchtime.

Nothing will surprise me other than the faint possibility that we’ve managed to get a good manager in & kept the name a complete secret.

It’s highly likely that we have indeed been rejected several times, I’d imagine one conversation with Dave Cormack would be enough to put most off.

Leven til the end of the season because “there were no outstanding candidates available at this time” is my prediction.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Pathetic! They train like a part time club!

It’s ridiculous could you imagine turning up to say Tesco and the store is shut for 10 days as a few boys away on a course! Footballers moan about too much game time but have so much real time off they never mention. I blame the likes of pep and klopp for driving the narrative 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Pathetic! They train like a part time club!

10 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Better than part time that. Back on Thursday? 2 days before a huge game. Players not on international duty should be every day during this break, given  their form.

Jeeso. :clangers2:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, McPhee123 said:

That whole narrative of Warnock leaving because we are at advanced stages of talks is just utterly embarrassing for the club now.

I think I'll miss this thread though. Getting Stockholm syndrome. 

Wait Stockholm is in Sweden... 👀

Our national broadcaster had plenty to say when Warnock walked and yet, over the weekend, with only minor and split arse football on the go, the vacancy and lack of activity in that regard wasn’t mentioned once. Strange 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Not even close to getting a new manager by the looks of it, yet folk still defended Warnock and claimed he didn't leave us in the shit. 

He was well within his right to, highlights the biggest issue at the club, DAVE CORMACK, no wonder folk don't want to work under him.

• Upvote 1
Just now, minijc said:

He was well within his right to, highlights the biggest issue at the club, DAVE CORMACK, no wonder folk don't want to work under him.

Signed up to do a job, done it shitely, then ran away and told lies that we were close to appointing a permanent manager in order to cover up him doing so. 

Cormack, Gunn, Burrows, the players all have their own much bigger share of the blame for the state we're in. Warnock is still a wanker who left us in the shit though. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Signed up to do a job, done it shitely, then ran away and told lies that we were close to appointing a permanent manager in order to cover up him doing so. 

Cormack, Gunn, Burrows, the players all have their own much bigger share of the blame for the state we're in. Warnock is still a wanker who left us in the shit though. 

Lol

Folk who assembled the squad didn't like getting told it was no where near as good as they think it is.  Certain players not willing to pull their weight so why should any manager stick around?

He’s been further adrift with other teams and stuck it out, nae saying he was the messiah but it seems odd that we’re the only team he’s jacked it with so early. 

If he did it so shitely he’d have been doing us a favour leaving.

I don't find it very funny, to be quite honest. 

I do because it shows how badly run we are.  I defended Cormack in the past as I felt he was being like that due to having inexperienced managers in change but it's clear he's a control freak who can't handle some home truths, much like some of the players as well.

We've spent a decent amount of money assembling an unbalanced side with a real lack of quality throughout it, meanwhile the chairman takes to social media to tell us all how amazing the squad is.

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Not even close to getting a new manager by the looks of it, yet folk still defended Warnock and claimed he didn't leave us in the shit. 

He was hung out to dry by Cormack so don't blame him for leaving us in the shit. Wanted to bring in more out of contract players and was told no as all funds were being kept for the new manager in the Summer. He was also told a few days before the Killie cup game he was getting binned if we didn't win, so made a decision to leave on his own terms whether we won or lost.

Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

He was hung out to dry by Cormack so don't blame him for leaving us in the shit. Wanted to bring in more out of contract players and was told no as all funds were being kept for the new manager in the Summer. He was also told a few days before the Killie cup game he was getting binned if we didn't win, so made a decision to leave on his own terms whether we won or lost.

Is this also more assumption or do you have proof you can actually show us?

14 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Fuck me. Surely these cunts aren't off for a week and a half before one of the biggest games in the season, leaving them 2 days to prepare. 

Whoever posted that is guessing surely?

:clangers2:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The club have tried to dress it up and made a royal arse of it with the conflicting statements. The lack of movement on manager front would make sense if it is oneill and we have agreed to give him until after the NI games. If it's not that and we are being rejected by others then the lack of forward thinking and succession planning is a testament to how badly run as a club we are. 

6 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

That's not true

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

This thread is shite and beautiful at the same time. The way it swings from how every manager down to the highland league has rejected us, to us being in talks with the Schalke manager and everything inbetween. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, minijc said:

When Warnock walked in the aftermath of the Killie game, it all seemed quite conciliatory, in regards to how he referred to Cormack and Burrows.

I doubt he was due a pay off, so if he was that pissed off, why didn't he throw them both under the nearest bus? Even in the 2 weeks since, radio silence from the genial Yorkshireman

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

When Warnock walked in the aftermath of the Killie game, it all seemed quite conciliatory, in regards to how he referred to Cormack and Burrows.

I doubt he was due a pay off, so if he was that pissed off, why didn't he throw them both under the nearest bus? Even in the 2 weeks since, radio silence from the genial Yorkshireman

Probably because he's a professional and he's been around the block, he 100% left because of Cormack, believe me or not I'm not really arsed at this point.