Next Manager

If you are trying to remain positive, you could say that the fact our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th choices have all rejected us is a really really good thing.

The FMB is so incompetent, the candidates they most wanted were probably fucking terrible choices and so if we end up with their 5th choice, they might actually be decent.

🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, penguin2024 said:

A Robinson or Mckinnes type of appointment with the right backing would have is top 4 spl next season 

We forgetting that Robinson isn't actually a good manager?  Going for him would be one of the worst moves the club could make, another negative manager who would be expected to change his way of playing.

As for McInnes, the cup game a few weeks ago highlights why he will never get another big job, when the pressure comes Deeker is found wanting.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, robbojunior said:

If you are trying to remain positive, you could say that the fact our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th choices have all rejected us is a really really good thing.

The FMB is so incompetent, the candidates they most wanted were probably fucking terrible choices and so if we end up with their 5th choice, they might actually be decent.

🤣

Aye they are  but we need to put the club first and they way this is going Robinson or Mckinnes are the best options 

Just now, penguin2024 said:

Both these managers have pretty much owned us this seasen

Yes, I loved McKinnes owning us in the cup game, really tough to watch that one, great manager doing great things with the mighty Killie.

• Dildo 1
6 minutes ago, minijc said:

We forgetting that Robinson isn't actually a good manager?  Going for him would be one of the worst moves the club could make, another negative manager who would be expected to change his way of playing.

As for McInnes, the cup game a few weeks ago highlights why he will never get another big job, when the pressure comes Deeker is found wanting.

Lol

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1
43 minutes ago, minijc said:

I don't think the club have been ambitious, they've been in a mad scramble and they admitted just how fucking badly they got it a year ago when they could have hired Thelin then, he's now told us where to go, they don't get plaudits for that.

I don't think the club have gotten enough stick for that. 

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

He has replied to someone asking when we will get a new manager by saying he wouldn’t be surprised if Leven takes this team on Saturday.  

I wouldn't be surprised either - doesn't mean I have any clue who the next manager is going to be.

18 minutes ago, minijc said:

Robinson's 'big game' record at St Mirren has also been found wanting.

It's become a bit of a joke among their supporters that they don't turn up when there's a bit of an occasion. You only need to look at them shipping five goals to Killie in 18 minutes in front of 2,000 travelling supporters for evidence. Not for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yes, I loved McKinnes owning us in the cup game, really tough to watch that one, great manager doing great things with the mighty Killie.

I particularly admire his bringing through of young players.......

Oh that's right take Watson out of that Killie team and its the same old late 20s, early 30s set up he had at AFC.

27 minutes ago, minijc said:

What was it McInnes did or didn’t do that cost Killie that game ?

1 minute ago, redone said:

What was it McInnes did or didn’t do that cost Killie that game ?

Just his typical overthinking of the game, he took his side to one of the worst form sides in the country and didn't trouble us.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Just his typical overthinking of the game, he took his side to one of the worst form sides in the country and didn't trouble us.

What overthinking ?… does your mole inside Pittodrie have access to the visitors dressing room as well ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, minijc said:

He's gone - let your hatred subside now.

Regardless he's still the best most successful manager we've had in the last 20 years. 

Cormack fucked up getting rid if him for his pal and we're still paying the price. It's little wonder fans still compare our managerial search to McInnes.

I'm 1,000,000% certain that we wouldn't be in this mess if McInnes was still in charge but that's another debate.

We require a new management team in place quickly to end all this speculation and pish getting recycled every blooming day. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

It's kind of funny Peter Hetherston being in the news this week because I found an article from October 2021 when the silky one was calling out Dave Cormack for his "vanity project" in appointing Stephen Glass, and how he felt that Cormack's "ego was in danger of getting Aberdeen relegated".

There is a clear perception in football circles, going back this far, that Cormack is not to be trusted.

The football operation, not only at first team level, but all through the academy, is shambolic and is starting to come undone.  Some (many) of the guys working in the academy have done terrific work in the past 5 or so years and it's all starting to unravel because the infrastructure is creaking.

Still no academy director months after Gavin Levey left. Gavin Levey wasn't everyone's cup of tea but by & large he did a good job.

Cormack has rolled into town with good intentions but not executed his plan.  As such he has driven a coach & horses through the culture of the club without making good on his promises.

I don't much care if Cormack appoints the second coming of Cruyff as manager, he's royally fucked this club and he needs to go.

I suspect Cormack thought owning the club would be good for his own profile and he never gave that much consideration to the issues it would bring, especially when things start to go wrong.

I also suspect that like Milne, Cormack would now happily sell up if someone made him an offer.

But something I have said on here previously is that while he does perhaps "need to go", there is no-one lined up to replace him or even anyone expressing an interest in owning the club.

Also, why the hell would you want to own the club and receive the type of abuse you would regardless of how it's doing?

14 minutes ago, minijc said:

I have no hatred for him, I do however have hatred for our shite fans who are still obsessed with him.

It is one of these situations where I totally get where you are coming from min + understand why others are still getting rose tinted glasses when thinking about McInnes. 

The problem is Cormack's decision to move on from the stale McInnes is about the only decision he has got right in 3+ years.

He needs to make a strong appointment, and soon, otherwise we are going to see more of the rose tinted brigade going forwards. 

Unfortunately I cannot see an appointment being made anytime soon😒.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

I suspect Cormack thought owning the club would be good for his own profile and he never gave that much consideration to the issues it would bring, especially when things start to go wrong.

I also suspect that like Milne, Cormack would now happily sell up if someone made him an offer.

But something I have said on here previously is that while he does perhaps "need to go", there is no-one lined up to replace him or even anyone expressing an interest in owning the club.

Also, why the hell would you want to own the club and receive the type of abuse you would regardless of how it's doing?

Has Cormack already given up? Social media presence virtually zero, radio and TV is zero, no more fan zones, no boasting of Community club activities, he looks awful compared to 2 years go (heart issues notwithstanding)

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Has Cormack already given up? Social media presence virtually zero, radio and TV is zero, no more fan zones, no boasting of Community club activities, he looks awful compared to 2 years go (heart issues notwithstanding)

That's really how it should be. 

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

He’s realised that stuff is counter productive surely? He’d be correct.